- Text Size +
Moonlight Call

She'd been dreaming of him, as she so often did. He invaded her senses and crept into every corner of her mind until she felt surrounded by him: Images of his naked body rising overtop of hers, highlighted by the moonlight streaming in through the bedroom window; The scent of his cologne intermixed with the muskiness of arousal; His hands strong yet gentle trailing over her skin, causing nerve endings to tingle. The sound of his heavy breathing filled her ear as his warm breath fanned across her face.

"I need you..." he whispered roughly.

Her heart beat faster at the utterance of those words, desire coiling in her stomach. In anticipation of his intimate touch she moved restlessly, the ache within her growing. His fingers brushed her cheek and once more he spoke into her ear.

"I need you—I need you to come with me."

Come? She was close – his very presence often brought her to the brink. Heat pooled between her legs and her inner muscles quivered. Her tongue slipped out to wet her lips and encountered his finger. It tasted salty and warm. He pressed the digit against her lips while his other hand slid to her shoulder and gave her a shake.

"Are you awake? I need you—I need you to come with me. "

Confused, she dragged herself from the dream and opened her eyes to find the dark outline of a man looming over her. In her half-wakened state she felt a jolt of fear and drew in a breath to scream but a hand clamped firmly over her mouth, stifling any noise she might have made.

"Shh—we don't want to wake up the whole neighbourhood."

She couldn't see his face but relaxed at the sound of his voice. He was really here, not just part of a dream. Once again, he had come for her. Instinctively she knew his eyes were fixed upon hers waiting for a response. He never assumed her compliance, even though she'd never refused him. She nodded her acceptance and he slowly withdrew his hand.

"Listen carefully. I need you to come with me right now –no questions, okay?"

She opened her mouth to speak but then thought better of it. Silently she threw back the covers and stood. The room was bathed in moonlight and, as she moved across the room to the closet, she knew it would be shining through her nightgown, leaving her body silhouetted for him to see. Before, she would have wrapped her arms around herself protectively, blocking out his all knowing eyes. Now, however, she revelled in the idea of him seeing her like this.

The growl that emanated from where he stood let her know she was having the desired effect. She allowed a secret smile to flit across her face as she opened the closet door. Using it as a shield, she quickly donned her clothing then returned to where he stood.

He reached out a hand and she took it. Where they were going, she had no idea but, as always, she was incapable of resisting his call to come.