- Text Size +
Preface

This story came about by accident. I usually write fanfiction but one day I sat down to write a very short fluff piece in response to a challenge that had been set on an internet message board.

After writing it, I became curious about the characters I’d invented. They wouldn’t go away. They kept shouting at me to write their story. So here it is. How they met, how they connected and what happened to them.

I would like to thank my friends, Amy, Cheryl, Ermintrude and Rita, for their encouragement and advice. And a very special thank you to Amy and Cheryl, for their expertise and sharp eyes and their help when my characters wrote themselves into corners. Some of those brainstorming sessions came up with some wacky ideas, but they did kick start my brain.

I’d also like to thank my husband Eric. Without his help and support I would never have had the guts or the time to write anything let alone an original story.

I hope you enjoy the story of Vic and Cole as much as I enjoyed writing about them.