- Text Size +
Story Notes:
The characters in this story do not belong to me but rather to Warner Bros.
and Shoot the Moon Productions. But I do enjoy borrowing them.
A Day Off

The day held the promise of summer, just the right amount of warmth shining
down on the land. The robins and sparrows flying in lazy circles among the
bushes of Amanda's back yard, their songs filling her with a mixture of
happiness and sadness all at the same time. A mockingbird sat in her mother's
rose
bushes, crying out in a shrill voice that reminded her of a lost child. He
tired several different tunes and then suddenly a mockingbird from the willow
tree started to join him, the two flying into the same tree. He must be home
now she thought Home--love and security. Laying her pencil and grocery list
aside, she walked over to the back door and opened the top half, the wind
caressing her face with a warm welcome.

"Lee?" she called out to her lover and companion. He was upstairs, doing his
duty he told her by fixing the bathroom sink. She couldn't help but wonder
how fast she could get a plumber over here after he was gone.

"You rang?" He came running down the stairs, He was dressed in a pair of
faded blue jeans and a tee-shirt that showed off his muscles to their
advantage. He looked delectable.

"What do you say we play hooky and go have a picnic?" she said the words
with the ring of a statement, not a question.

"Just you and me?" he looked interested. It wasn't that he didn't love their
children but he felt he hadn't had much time to spend with his wife lately.

"Well, yes. 'she nodded. "Jamie is at Ryan's and Philip is with his cub
scouts league for the car wash and Mother is out with, well whoever she is out
with lately, so I think we deserve to just get away and have some Lee and
Amanda time, don't you?"

"It sounds wonderful," he agreed. "What are we going to take for food?"

"Actual food, I hope." Amanda giggled, a sure sign she was set for an
enjoyable day. "Let's see what we might have about."

They found some leftover chicken from the night before and a small crock of
potato salad. One chocolate cake was left over from the ten that she and
Dotty had baked for Jamie for a fund raiser Lee cutting a generous piece for
both
of them. Amanda did a bit more rummaging around in the pantry and discovered
a bottle of wine, which she placed inside the basket. Lee located some fruit
salad left over from the PTA meeting two nights ago and put that in as well.
After making sure they had plates and plastic ware and anything else they
might need, he took the picnic basket in one hand and taking Amanda's hand in
the other, they left their home, walking out into the sun.

"Shall we go to Potomac Park?" he asked her, knowing she loved going and
taking the children there. The water was a bit smoother there and ducks could
often be found.

"I love it there." Amanda sighed, "but I was thinking that maybe we might go
somewhere else today. Somewhere I haven't been in a very long time."

"All right," he smiled. "Lead the way.

She drove into the country, finally stopping at small picnic area, shaded in
trees, a creek running near by.

They was a gazebo underneath a shady maple tree, a natural spring bubbling
near by. "I used to come here quite a bit when I need a place to think, " she
told him. "You know when things got kind of off kilter and I wasn't sure
what to do. I made a lot of decisions here."

As they walked along in a happy silence, they were greeted by a rabbit
bounding across their path. Birds flew around them, making Lee say it reminded
him of that movie he had taken Philip and his girlfriend to a few months ago
(not happily for any of them it turned out) that was about singing frogs and
chattering chipmunks. They opted for the ground, the sun not too hot and the
ground not wet, he spread out a blanket they had brought along, and opened the
wine bottle while his wife set the food out. He poured them each a glass of
the merlot, touching his goblet gently against hers. "To the one I love,"
they both toasted.

They talked and ate and talked, enjoying the company of one another. It
seemed so often that life was much too busy to give them opportunity to do so,
what with Jamie and Philip becoming rapidly teenagers.

Lingering over the food, they fed each other bites of chicken and potato
salad, Lee extracting the strawberries from the fruit salad, dropping the slice
in her mouth, each one followed by a kiss. The sun was warm but not hot, the
spring bubbled merrily, squirrels looked down on the couple from the tree
branches, wondering if they might leave them some leftovers. After Lee and
Amanda had eaten their fill, they stretched out on their blanket, her head on
his
chest, his arm around her in a protective hug.

She fell asleep, her breathing even, his mind counting each in and out
movement. His eyes appreciated the curve of her breasts, and the way her shirt
showed them off to her advantage. Her hair was spread over his arm and he
touched it, knowing the fragrance would linger on his fingers. Her eyes were
closed
but that didn't stop him from seeing their brown depths or keep him from
falling into them with a splash.

"Stop staring at me, " she mumbled, a grin breaking out on her face.

"I can't help it, " he answered back. "I just can't help but admire an angel
at rest."

She laughed, "And I think it's getting awfully deep in here," she wrinkled
her nose.

"Don't get smart with me." He tickled her, making her squirm, his strong
arms holding her tight.

She initiated the first kiss, drawing his bottom lip between her teeth,
sucking gently. His tongue slipped over hers, sparks seeming to form from the
union, hers working in a frenzied motion to make him feel at home. Their
kisses
grew deeper, her body rising to meet his, his fast growing erection warm
against her thighs. Cupping one of her breasts in his palm, he touched it
gently, feeling the nipple swell which only seemed to egg him on. Slipping his
hand
under her T-shirt, he rounded the bra cup, before moving it up out of his
way, his fingers taking the nipple between them, feeling it become rock hard
under his touch.

"I believe you are trying to get fresh with me, " Amanda teased him, her
breath slightly ragged.

"I'm trying my best, " he answered, his hands moving around to unfasten her
bra. "Damn thing won't come off, " he yanked at the offending piece of
underwear. "What did you do, glue it on?"

"It's a new one," she laughed, "fits very well."

"That would explain why your tits look perkier."he grinned He was rewarded
with the black silky bra in his hands.

"My what?" she looked up at him, her eyes full of laughter.

"Your tits, " he said again, lifting her T-shirt to lay his mouth over the
pert nipple.

"Are they as nice as my ass?" she giggled.

"Will you never let me forget about that night?" he looked up before taking
the pink tip between his teeth.

"Never, " she shook her head, sighing with satisfaction. It had been a long
time since they had been able to make out like this. "I will never forget
the look on your face when you announced to everyone in the room that you loved
my ass."

"Which I did and still do," he licked the side of her breast, watching her
quiver

"Yours isn't bad either, Stetson, " she slipped her hands down into the
waist band of his jeans, palming his buttocks. "Especially in these faded
Levi's"

"So, Cosmo was right when she said women liked to see men in denim?"

"When have you been reading Cosmo? " she led his head down to her other
breast. "Suck it, please," she told him. "Hard."

"My pleasure."

She groaned her approval of his actions, her thighs closing around his body.
"Not to mention," her voice breaking with desire. "I love the way you fill
them out, in the back and the front."

"And I'm doing a good job at the front right now."

"You most certainly are. Ohhhh, Lee ," her body arched up into his, her
entire body throbbing now.

"I can smell your wetness, " he whispered in her ear. "It's better than
perfume."

Amanda tried to say something but found her voice wouldn't work. Instead,
she reached for his hand, placing it between her legs, showing him just how
wet she was.

"Oh God, woman, " he moaned. "I've got to have you."

"I'm all yours," she finally got the words out. "Take me, now."

"I hope I'm up to the task."

Her hands limply unzipped his jeans, pulling out his erection. "You are most
definitely up to it," she teased. "I don't think you can get much more up
than this."

"We could try," he said, in a voice that made her even more crazy for him.

"It's worth a shot," she nodded.

His fingers moved up inside of her underwear, she was swollen and fully
aroused. "Just the way I like it." He pulled her shorts and underwear down,
the
air blowing over her exposed skin, adding to her state. Lee positioned
himself between her legs, his tongue licking her gently, reaching for the
quivering bud buried inside of her womanhood.

"Lee, " she groaned loudly when he found it. A bird squawked in the tree
above them and a squirrel ran by their blanket.

"I don't know if I can perform to an audience, " he teased her, making her
laugh.

"You don't want to corrupt little blue jay up there?' her eyes were so full
of lust, her mouth smiling with joy.

"Like hell I do," his tongue moving deeper inside of her, as he pushed her
legs further apart. "He will learn it's a hard world."

"Poor little blue jay." Amanda grabbed his shoulders, a wave of ecstasy
shooting through her. "He'll never be the same."

"I'll explain to his mother afterwards, " Lee was becoming impatient.

"Okay, " she giggled, "Lee! Oh, Le-- Ahh, I, I."

As he plunged inside of her, she arched up to him, their bodies becoming
one, as they moved together in their own unique rhythm. Muscles strained, legs
tangled, hip to hip, his skin glued to hers as they rode inside one another
to an overwhelming paradise.

She held him tight inside of her as he reached his climax, luxuriating in
the feel of his manhood filling her being. They collapsed together, holding
tight to one another, the summer breeze blowing over them, cooling their
sweating bodies. They lost track of time as they lay there, talking, playing,
and
teasing, enjoying the time alone and wondering why they didn't do this more
often. It was after seven when they walked in the house.

"You guys hungry?" Dotty came out, looking at Amanda's sunburned face.

"Actually I could eat a horse, " Amanda told her. "Just let me get cleaned
up." She kissed her husband, and headed up the stairs.

"Have a nice day?"Dotty asked her son in law.

"Very nice," he walked over to the counter and picked up a slice of apple,
avoiding his mother in law's admonishing slap. "We went on a picnic."

"Oh, you did?" Dotty gave him a strange look.

'Yeah. In this park, by a spring, it was nice."

"So, um, what did you do with the picnic basket?"

Lee Stetson ran his hand through his hair and hoped he didn't look as
confused to the whereabouts of the basket as he felt. "I'm sure it must be
around
there somewhere," he finally said. "I guess that we will have to go out
tomorrow and look for it."

He most certainly hoped so.