- Text Size +
John checked his watch for the third time in the last fifteen minutes. "What
could be taking her so long?" He wondered. If they didn't leave soon they
were going to loose their reservations at the Fresh Air Restaurant.

He groaned when he heard the comm link beep.

"I'm sorry, John, but its Minbar. I have to take this. I'll be just a moment
longer. Make yourself comfortable." Delenn called from inside her bed
chamber.

He settled into one of the chairs and used his own link to call the
restaurant and change his reservation. That taken care of, he sat back and
waited for
his date.

His date.

It had been a while since he had one of those and it seemed he was a tad bit
nervous. Okay, if the swarm of Star furies on maneuvers soaring in his
stomach were any indication, he was a lot more than a tad nervous.

He began to jiggle his leg and tap his foot. And when he couldn't sit still
any longer he got up and paced back and forth around the kitchen and living
areas.

On his third pass, a sparkling prism caught his eye and he went to
investigate. It was breathtakingly beautiful. Colorful lights bouncing off tiny
triangles stacked high on what looked like crystal checker boards. He wanted to
investigate further and reached out to pluck the top triangle off its stack.

"Stop! Don't touch that!" Lennier yelled.

Startled, he jerked his hand back and whirled around to face Lennier. Just
as he was about to apologize for his actions, the doors to the sleeping area
slid open and Delenn stepped out.

She stood framed in the doorway. He'd never seen her look so, so human. The
little black dress she wore took his breath away.

He smiled, told her how incredible she looked and quickly escorted her out
the door. Never once speaking to Lennier.

End