- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Author's Note: This story assumes particular events within Odds on a Dead
Pigeon occurs post series when the SMK relationship is well known to the
family. For my story's purposes, Lee came home to find Amanda unconscious. He
captured the snake in the garbage pail. After reviving her, he took the shoe
box we assumed it arrived in, and examined the trigger mechanism. Instead of
using a lunchbox, he put the snake into the shoe box but put it outside the
back door in case there were lingering fumes . .
SMK
Amanda embraced Lee as they stood in the kitchen. She welcomed the cool
breeze which was blowing in through the window that Lee just opened..

". . . Lee, I'm feeling fine now."

"A-man-da! I'm taking you into the Agency's clinic whether you like it or
not. So please, get ready!"

"Lee, really.. . "

Lee's voice softened. "Sweetheart, we've been trying to get pregnant for a
while now, remember?"

Amanda looked at him lovingly. "Yes, I seem to recall something like that."

"Don't take any chances with your health. Please?"

"Okay, you write the boys a note and I'll get my things."

They released each other but Amanda froze in her steps when she overheard
the boys' arrival in the backyard.

"Jamie, look!"

"Huh?"

"I think that Mom hid my birthday gift out here in plain sight! It's the new
shoes I asked for!"

"Stop! Don't touch that!"

Amanda watched as Phillip and Jamie entered the house in wonderment. Their
stares were returned with two broad smiles. Amanda could tell that the boys
were confused because they heard a strict tone in stereo. Lee had joined
Amanda simultaneously in a warning that sounded absolutely parental. Making
their excuses, Lee and Amanda left to go to the agency and finish the Redding
case.