- Text Size +
"Stop! Don't touch that!"

Amanda froze, her right hand hovering over the tray of cookies. She
felt like a child with her hand getting caught in the cookie jar, but
she wasn't a child, she was a grown woman, and everybody knew that
anything left out on the counter in the break room was fair game.

After looking up Amanda stepped back. "It's all yours, I think you
need it more than I do."

Francine grabbed the last double chocolate chunk cookie, her usually
perfectly manicured fingernails were ragged and chipped, her blond
hair was matted with something that was kind of greenish and there
were odd colored stains all over her clothes.

"What happened to . . ." Amanda stopped in mid sentence, the glare
that she received told her not to ask until massive amounts of
chocolate had been consumed. "I've got some chocolate ice cream up
stairs in the Q bureau."

"Let's go." The blond said as she turned on her broken heel and
headed down the hall toward the elevator, not even waiting for
Amanda. Grabbing a snickerdoodle instead of chocolate she hurried
out of the room and followed the odd smell that she was sure hadn't
come from an expensive bottle of French perfume. Hopefully the story
will be worth missing out on the chocolate cookie for.