- Text Size +
Story Notes:
The Challenge: Write a story where someone gets an unexpected surprise and your story must incorporate the following five words: BLOOD, HEART, INNOCENT, HATE, BARS
Innocent

"Hello, sir. Yes, it's Amanda..."

"Germany? Yes, Germany is very lovely..."

"The exchange? The exchange—it was textbook..."

"Why am I repeating everything you say with a question?" She didn't
have the HEART to tell him, but knew he would believe her when she
told him she was INNOCENT. "Well you see, sir, I have a minor little
problem." She swallowed hard, "I've been arrested."

She held the phone away from her ear; she knew his BLOOD was boiling.

"I understand, sir. Please send someone soon. I HATE being behind
BARS in Germany," she choked. "I don't even speak German."