- Text Size +
Chapter 4

Benny had just hung up the phone. A satisfied smile crossed his face. Cindi’s brother was extremely interested in coming in on the deal. Somehow he wasn’t surprised that Jacques Incorvia, wanted in on the profit. Jack was more than happy to keep his hands clean by simply supplying some of the money up front to get the drugs into the country, and then reap the profits later. He wondered if Cindi had anything to do with her brother’s interest.

Pulling out a piece of paper he started jotting down all the figures. Yes, this was going to work out nicely. He’d be able to make a fortune in a short amount of time and gather enough money to buy a place in the Caribbean, never to be heard from again.

Twenty minutes later, with all the details ironed out, he decided he would call Jack and Cindi in order to arrange a meeting, and go over the details. As he reached for the phone, he was interrupted by a knock at his front door. Looking at the clock, it read nine-thirty. He couldn’t imagine who would be stopping by this early. Grumbling, he went to go see who was disturbing him.

Opening the door, he came face to face with Cindi. “Well that saves me a phone call. What are you doing here this early?”

Cindi stood with her arms crossed and a disgusted look on her face. “Believe me, this wasn’t my idea. I was just getting ready to jump into the shower. I had a very interesting evening with a sailor last night…”

“Please spare me the details and get to the point. Why are you standing in my doorway?” Benny interrupted her.

Rolling her eyes she sighed, “Fine, if that’s the way you want to be. As I was saying, I was just getting ready to jump in the shower, when my brother called. He seems very eager to start working on the finer points of the arrangement you two just made. He’s arranged for his right hand man, Carlos Duncan, to meet us downtown in about twenty minutes. We don’t have much time, so get your shoes on,” she said as she looked down at Benny’s bare feet, “and meet me at the car, pronto.” With that said, she turned on her heels, her blond hair blowing with the morning breeze, and headed for her car.

Benny shook his head, but turned and moved into the den. He grabbed the paper he had been writing on earlier, folded it neatly and stuck it in his back pocket. Then he walked into the his bedroom and put on his socks and shoes. “What a morning. I can’t believe how well this is going. My luck hasn’t been this good in ages,” he mused joyfully to himself. Smiling, he headed back towards the front door and prepared to join Cindi outside.

Amanda looked down at the paper in her hand. “We’re getting close, just turn right at the next stop sign and we should be on the right street.”

“Are you sure? You said that once before and we ended up in a cul-de-sac.” Lee glanced quickly at his wife.

Amanda smiled. “Yes I’m sure. It wasn’t my fault that that last set of directions was a little off. My guess is that the street wasn’t there when they made out the map we used. The area is growing, Lee.”

Lee sighed, but smiled at his wife’s comment. He knew it wasn’t her fault they had made a wrong turn. “I know. I just want to make sure we get to Collins’ house before we miss him.”

Shaking her head, she chuckled as she looked at the clock. “Lee, it’s just a little after nine-thirty. The guy we called at his office told us that Benny was taking the day off. Most people don’t usually get that early a start when it’s their day off.” She gave her husband a pointed stare. There had been quite a few times when they had been given a day or morning off, that it had been especially difficult to get her husband out of bed any earlier than ten in the morning. “But, if it turns out we missed him, we’ll just have to try him tomorrow or we can drive back to the airport today and see if we can talk to any of Benny’s business associates.”

“I guess you’re right,” Lee conceded. “I just can’t seem to shake this feeling of dread. I know I’ve said it before but I really do have a bad feeling about all of this. I really don’t want to disappoint the boys again by having to break our plans and the longer we put off talking to this Collins guy…”

Amanda reached over and put her hand on her husband’s arm. “I understand, Lee. Don’t worry. We’ll wrap this case up before the weekend.” It warmed her heart to hear Lee so concerned about the boys’ feelings.

Turning the car onto the street Amanda had mentioned, Lee slowed down and started to scan the house numbers, “I just hope you’re right about…what the hell?” he paused and pulled the car over to the side of the road.

“Lee, what’s the matter?” Amanda asked as she took in her husband’s shocked features.

“What is she doing with him?” Lee’s gaze was now focused on the blonde getting into the driver’s seat of a red Honda Prelude.

Amanda watched as the gentleman, whom she recognized from the Agency picture as Benny Collins, got into the passenger side of the car. “I don’t know, but maybe we should follow them and find out where they’re going.”

Lee’s was already putting the car in gear. “I was just thinking the same thing myself.” He turned his head to look at Amanda so as not to be recognized as the car pulled out of the driveway and passed them.

Once the other vehicle was a safe distance away, Lee made a quick U-turn in a neighboring driveway. Keeping his distance he followed them out of the neighborhood and onto the highway in the direction of D.C.

“Lee, can you hear what they’re saying?” Amanda asked her husband, as they peered around the corner at the group congregated in the alleyway.

He shook his head. “No, but I don’t have to. They’re obviously in the midst of a discussion regarding trafficking drugs or something of that nature.”

“How do you know?” she whispered, staring intently at her husband.

“I know, because the guy Benny and Cindi are talking to is the right hand man to one of New York’s mob bosses.” As soon as Lee had gotten those words out, Cindi looked in their direction. Lee quickly moved away from the corner of the building that was their hiding spot. Praying that she hadn’t seen him, he decided it was time to get out of there. “Come on, we’ll catch up with Benny again, later. I want to head back to the Agency and figure out what Cindi has to do with Carlos Duncan.”

Amanda nodded her understanding and turned to head back to the car.

Lee peeked once more around the corner, and mumbled, “I knew this wasn’t going to be an easy assignment.” Shaking his head, he moved away from the building and followed his wife.

Chapter 5

“I don’t know why I never checked into Cindi’s background before,” Lee commented as he stared at the printout he had just pulled out of the printer.

Amanda moved over to sit on the corner of her husband’s desk. “What do you mean? Did you make it a habit of checking into the backgrounds of all the women you dated?”

Lee looked up, “No…but…if I had gotten involved with Cindi back then, I might have wished I had.”

Amanda leaned down to read the paper. “It says her father was killed in a sky diving accident when she was two. But that her mother remarried, and had another child, Cindi’s half-brother, Jacques.”

Lee nodded. “Yeah, and it just so happens that Jacques took over his father’s business when he died five years ago. Jacques Incorvia is the mob boss I was talking about earlier.”

Amanda stared at her husband. “Oh. So Benny’s hangar blowing up wasn’t just a freak college prank after all,” she commented, trying to lighten the mood a little.

“Okay, so you were right. But,” he paused and leaned back in his chair, “so was I. I told you this wasn’t going to be an easy deal. I told you we were gonna have to disappoint the boys again.”

Amanda stood up and moved to kneel down by Lee’s chair. She placed her hand on his arm. “Sweetheart, it’s only Tuesday. We still have two days to wrap this thing up.” Leaning forward she placed a kiss on his cheek. “I have no intention of letting them down again.”

Lee turned to see the determined look on his wife’s face. “I hope you’re right. Come on. Let’s head back over to Benny’s and get some answers.” Taking Amanda’s hand in his, he helped her rise to her feet.

“Now that’s more like it.” Amanda squeezed his hand and then moved to her desk to get her purse.

“Benny, will you please calm down,” Cindi whispered, rolling her eyes at her associate. Ever since they had come back to the airport office, Benny had been wearing a huge smile on his face.

“Oh, come on now.” Benny grinned. “I can’t help but say, ‘I told you so.’”

Cindi raised her eyebrows, “What do you mean, ‘told me so?’”

“Weren’t you the one who told me not to count my chickens before they hatched?” Benny leaned down and picked up a piece of paper from his desk. “And now,” his voice full of excitement, “now your brother’s going to fund the whole operation. I can’t thank you enough for getting me in contact with him.”

“Believe me. I’m beginning to think it was a huge mistake. I still have a bad feeling about all of this.” Cindi walked over and looked out the window. “I feel like we’re being watched.”

“I’m positive you’re just being paranoid, but…”Benny signaled his right-hand man, “just in case, John will go take a look around.”

John nodded and headed for the door.

“John, do me a favor, call it a hunch, but check down by all the other hangars. Look for anyone who looks out of place,” Cindi requested, turning away from the window.

John looked to Benny. Benny just nodded. “What can it hurt?” Once John had left and closed the door behind him, Benny turned his attention back to Cindi, “I’m telling you, you’re worrying too much.”

Cindi shrugged her shoulders and turned her attention back to the window. “Whatever, but I’m telling you, something just isn’t right.”

Benny shook his head, and moved over to his desk. Sitting down behind it, he pulled a bunch of papers together, and started making out his plans for the future.

“Damn!” Lee grunted. “He’s not home,” he remarked to his wife as he climbed the steps of the front porch. When they had arrived, they had knocked a few times, but got no answer. Being a bit overly cautious, Lee had taken out his gun and gone to look around back.

Amanda had just finished ringing the doorbell for the third time, and shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know. Maybe, he decided to go over to his office. It’s not far from here, and probably makes the most sense. I mean, if you just made a deal with a big time mafia boss, wouldn’t you go back to your office to figure out your next course of action.” She put her ID badge back into her purse.

Lee looked at his wife. She was, of course, probably right…again! Where she came up with these little insights and ideas, he would never know, but nine times out of ten she was right. Putting his gun back into its holster, he relented. “Come on, let’s head back to the airport. I really want to get this all over with.”

Amanda just smiled, took his hand in hers and headed for the car.

A dark-suited man, wearing shades watched as the two agents got into their vehicle. “I’d better call Jacques. He isn’t gonna like the idea of a couple of feds snooping around Benny’s place.” Picking up his car phone, he dialed his boss’ number. When Jacques answered, Carlos began his explanation, “I did as you asked and kept an eye on Benny’s house. You’re not going to like this, but I think you might want to reconsider the whole deal.”

“Kurt, how much longer are you going to be?” Dotty called from the doorway of her instructor’s office.

“Just a minute, Dotty,” Kurt replied. “I’m just checking the weather reports.”

“Will you relax, please? If we leave now, we can head in the opposite direction of any storms.” Dotty was eager to get back in the air. It had been a good two weeks since she’d actually been up.

Kurt appeared behind her. “Okay, okay. You sure you want to do this?”

Dotty nodded. “Yes, besides, it’s just a few gray clouds.”

Kurt followed her out and looked at the sky. The sky didn’t look too ominous, but he had a bad feeling about this flight.

Chapter 6

Lee parked the Jeep near Captain Kurt’s office. “Let’s go take a look around. If it looks like we’re outnumbered I want you to come back here and call for back up.”

Amanda nodded. At least it was better than him telling her to wait in the car. Taking his extended hand, they started walking towards the area where Benny’s office was.

Cindi had seen the Jeep drive into the hangar area just moments after John had returned and told them the area was secured. He had looked at Cindi as he spoke; his tone was a bit condescending, as if to say she was just a little paranoid. Now, she watched as Lee and his wife began to walk towards Benny’s office.

“Benny, I told you something fishy was up.” She kept her eyes out the window. Benny came over to see what she was referring to. “I met that guy a few years back, and then just happened to bump into him again yesterday. Something tells me they aren’t here on a social call.”

Benny turned to look at his associate’s serious face. “Why do you say that?”

“I’m almost positive it was Lee I saw peering around the corner at us this morning. I told you we were being watched.” She gave him a pointed look. “I also get the feeling that he’s not who I thought he was all those years ago.” She turned her attention back out the window. “I’d bet anything that he’s some sort of fed. If that’s the case, then I’m sure he’s put two and two together by now and knows that we’re in cahoots with my brother.”

Benny let his fist hit the wall. “Damn! Just as things were going my way.” Just then the phone rang. Benny walked over and picked up the receiver. “Hello? … Oh come on now, surely a pair of harmless agents can’t get him all worked up … I know very well that when he says ‘maybe we can try this again at a later date’ he really means the deal is never going to happen … I realize he gave his word, but … Fine, hold on…” Benny stared at Cindi. “Carlos wants to talk to you.”

Cindi headed over to Benny’s desk and took the phone. Benny decided it was time to do something about the two meddling agents. He had a good thing going, up until they had started snooping around. ‘Damn my luck.’

Cindi hung up the phone just as a knock came at the office door. “Benny, just try and act calm. Maybe we can take them out with no one the wiser, and be out of here in no time. We can head up to New York. Maybe if you meet with him in a different venue, my brother will be more willing to reconsider.”

Benny didn’t look too convinced. Cindi, seeing the anger in the man’s eyes, walked over to him, and firmly put a hand on his arm. “I mean it. Let’s be as calm as possible. John, you stay here. I’m going to sneak out the back door and come around front. I’ll wait for the perfect opportunity and then we can take them both out.” She turned and looked pointedly at John. “Don’t get any ideas about the woman, I’ll take care of her. I want to make Lee pay for lying to me.”

John shrugged and took a seat behind his desk.

Cindi returned her gaze to Benny. “Remember, try not to give anything away.”

Benny nodded and took a deep breath. Walking to the door, he waited until he heard the click of the secret backdoor shutting, before going to the front of the office and opening the door.

Lee and Amanda flashed him their government IDs. “Benny Collins?” Lee asked. Benny nodded. “I’m Lee Stetson, and this is my partner, Amanda King. We’ve been trying to track you down all day. We have a few questions for you.”

Benny raised his eyebrows. “What is this about? Do I have some unpaid speeding tickets and the police turned to the feds to track me down?”

Amanda shook her head. “No, we’re here to talk about the hangar that blew up. We believe that it may be linked to some other recent explosions. May we come in?”

Lee had been a little irked by the speeding ticket comment, and could sense that Benny was trying to buy some time. But buy some time for what? As Amanda had been talking to him, he had been surveying the office. He saw three desks, at one of them he saw a blond-haired man with his feet propped up on his desk; one of the other two was obviously Benny’s.

Benny had moved aside and motioned for them to enter. “I’m sorry, I don’t have much to tell you. I had actually just told the airport that I no longer needed that hangar. I had just sold the two planes I had in there.” He was pretty sure that these agents had probably done their homework, but he wanted to give Cindi some time to make her move. “This is my associate, John Markez. John, would you mind going over to the file cabinet and digging out the papers regarding the sale of the planes.”

John nodded and moved to the cabinets by the door.

Amanda had a bad feeling about this. Benny was being too calm, and she hadn’t trusted the look on that John’s face when they had walked in. Then there was the matter of the still-burning cigarette in the ashtray on the desk by the window. Something just wasn’t right. She saw Lee looking around too, and knew by his stance that he was having similar thoughts.

John walked back over to them a few seconds later with the papers. He handed them to Amanda. Amanda looked them over, and passed them to Lee. “They look legitimate, Mr. Collins. However, I do have a question. Why would you be giving up the hangar, if all you did was sell a few planes? Are you planning on getting out of the plane business altogether?”

Benny shook his head. “Actually, no. I make a business of buying the planes from someone else and then selling them again. I just have too many hangars, and that one was too big. It was costing me a bundle to rent. I can’t say I’m sorry it blew up. I was sorry to hear about the guard though.”

Lee was getting a really bad feeling. He’d had it since yesterday, and the feeling was growing stronger. He especially didn’t like the look of that John guy. Maybe he could convince Benny to come down to the Agency for questioning. The problem with that was, on what legal grounds could they get him to come down there? Cautiously, looking around again, Lee decided one thing: he had to find a way to get Amanda out of harm’s way.

“Mr. Collins, we were here yesterday questioning a few of the other hangar owners. They said they saw some pretty suspicious people snooping around your office. Do you think someone was targeting your hangar?” Lee asked.

Benny shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know who would possibly have a motive, unless it was some deal gone bad that I’m not aware of.”

Amanda had casually started walking around the office. This office was small, but neat. It definitely had a woman’s touch. ‘Cindi,’ she thought.

Lee looked down at the papers regarding the sale of the planes. He suddenly had an idea on how to get Amanda out of there. “Would you mind if we called these in, just to verify everything?”

“If you feel that’s necessary, you can go ahead and use my associate’s phone.” Benny pointed to the third, unoccupied desk.

“Thanks all the same, but I think I’ll have my partner use my car phone.”

Amanda turned to look at her husband. She knew he was concerned for her safety. He had voiced his feelings about this case from the start, and now it looked like his fears hadn’t been for nothing. However, if this situation was going to go bad, she didn’t like the idea of leaving him alone in this office with Benny and his associate, John. There was also the question of where the occupant of the third desk and owner of the cigarette was. They hadn’t seen anyone leave the office as they had approached, and from her vantage point she couldn’t see any kind of back door. Discreetly, she looked at the clock and realized that they hadn’t checked in with Mr. Melrose in almost two hours. The Agency had no way of knowing where they were, so if something did happen to them… She quickly dismissed the rest of that thought before she had completed it. Lee’s attitude about the whole case was beginning to rub off on her.

She nodded slightly, and walked over to retrieve the papers. “I won’t be but a minute.” She looked her husband in the eye, and his gaze told her that he would be all right. Turning, she headed to the front door.

No sooner had she closed the door behind her and headed in the direction of the Jeep, than she felt the hard barrel of a gun in her back.

“So, how are the flying lessons going, Mrs. Stedman? That is if you really are Lee’s wife,” Cindi’s cold voice came from behind her.

As she tried to turn, Cindi pushed the gun further into her back. “Uh, uh. We’re going to go back into the office. Nice and easy, turn towards the door.”

Amanda hesitated for a moment. She slowly turned back towards the office and took in her surroundings. To the left she saw what looked like one of Captain Kurt’s planes leaving his hangar. ‘That’s right. Mother was planning on going up with Kurt today. I sure hope she’s too busy taxiing the plane to see me.’

Cindi sensed Amanda’s hesitation. “Come on, I want to give Lee a dose of his own medicine.” Amanda started to turn to look at the blonde. “There’s no need for you to look at me. You know, when I saw you and Lee snooping around this morning at the alley, I began to wonder if Lee really had been an astronaut. I had my brother do some digging, turns out there never was a Lee Stedman in the space program. What a shame. Come on…you’re definitely going to come in handy.”

Chapter 7

Inside the small plane, Dotty was busy paying attention to the runway they were quickly approaching.

“Twelve-Niner-Zero, Silver Spring Airport. Seventeen-Forty-Three come in.” The voice of the tower controller came over the radio.

Kurt picked up “Seventeen-Forty-Three responding.”

“You’re no longer cleared for take-off. We have reports of a thunderstorm fast approaching. All flights are hereby grounded until the storm passes over. Do you read?”

“Ten-Four, we read. Turning back to our hangar now. Over and out,” Kurt replied back into the radio. Turning to his flight companion, his eyes held an apology, as he spoke into his headset. “Sorry, Dotty. Looks like we’ll have to take this baby up another day.”

Dotty nodded. She was disappointed, but there was no use getting killed just for a flight. Re-adjusting the yoke, she turned the plane back towards the hangar.

Lee’s head quickly looked to the door as he heard the handle turn. It was too soon for Amanda to be back. Perhaps it was Cindi. All his fears from the past two days crystallized as he saw his wife come through the door, followed by Cindi. From the look in Amanda’s eyes, he could tell that Cindi was holding her at gunpoint.

He reached for his gun, but stopped short when he caught the quick movement of John rising from his seat, and saw the gleam of a gun pointed at him.

Amanda looked apologetically towards him. He wasn’t sure why she always felt the need to apologize. They had had this discussion over and over. It was never really her fault, besides, like he had told her on more than one occasion, he wouldn’t trade his life as it was now, for anything. At the present moment, however, he had to think of a way out of this.

John, keeping his gun aimed at Lee, walked over and removed Lee’s gun from its holster.

Cindi removed the gun from Amanda’s back momentarily and moved so that she could get a better look at John. “I think we’ll just tie Mr. Stedman up and lock him in the bathroom. We’ll take his pretty wife with us as a security measure.”

Amanda, remembering the metal pole by the door, took advantage of Cindi’s lack of attention to her and John’s eyes on Lee. Moving quickly she reached for the pole, wrapped her fingers around the cold steal and spun around, successfully knocking Cindi in the head with the metal object. Amanda watched as the blonde slumped to the floor before letting out the breath she’d been holding.

Lee took advantage of Amanda’s distraction and punched John square on the jaw with his left fist.

Benny watched all his plans quickly going sour. The King woman had managed to take out Cindi, and Stetson was successfully pummeling John. He knew his only course of action was to run. Making sure that nobody was paying any attention to him, he quickly snuck out the back door.

Amanda knelt down beside Cindi, and gently put her fingers on the blonde’s throat. Relief flooded through her as she felt a slow pulse. Glancing up, she quickly assessed the situation. Lee was still battling with John, and Benny… her eyes went wide as realization dawned on her. She quickly looked around the small office. Benny was nowhere in sight. ‘He must have slipped out the back.’ Without further hesitation, she grabbed the blonde woman’s gun from where it had fallen when Cindi had collapsed. She then headed for the front door and exited the office.

Scanning the area she tried to determine which way Benny might have gone. Not seeing him anywhere in the immediate area, she could only assume that he was somewhere behind the office. Turning the corner, she caught sight of Benny running towards a small plane that was apparently heading towards a hangar. Glancing back at the office, she weighed her options. Lee was probably still battling with John, a fact which unnerved her a little. She knew Lee could hold his own, but if he got into a situation where he might need her help…

Knowing that if she hesitated any longer Benny could possibly get away. Before she could weigh her options further, she noticed that the plane had come to a stop in front of a hangar not far down. She saw Benny getting closer to that plane. Torn between wanting to make sure her partner was okay and catching Benny, she knew she couldn’t let Benny get on that plane. Looking back in Benny’s direction, she realized her decision had just been made for her. She looked closer at the hangar the plane was parked in front of; it was Captain Kurt’s hangar. That meant the plane was most likely carrying her mother and Kurt. Glad she’d worn her tennis shoes, she took off at a sprint towards the plane.

Dotty had just put the plane on standby so that Kurt could exit the plane and go back into the hanger to open the door. Kurt rose from his seat and had opened the small door in the back of the small six-seat plane, when he came face to face with the barrel of a gun.

“Excuse me, sir, but I’m going to need to borrow you and your plane.” Benny motioned for the man, whom he assumed was the pilot, to step back and allow him entrance into the plane.

Kurt noticed someone coming up behind the man holding the gun and nodded. Hoping he hadn’t given anything away, he turned and went back to his seat.

Dotty gave Kurt a curious glance, and then noticed the man attempting to enter the plane, his gun pointed in their direction. “Oh, you have got to be kidding me,” she muttered under her breath. ‘If only Amanda or Lee were here,’ she thought to herself.

As if in answer to her prayers, she heard her daughter’s voice. “All right Benny, that’s far enough. Drop the gun and step out of the plane.”

Benny, who was already inside the plane, took one quick stride and wrapped one arm around Dotty, while pointing the gun at her head. “I think it is you who should drop the gun. If you don’t, I’ll blow this pretty lady’s head into a million pieces.”

Amanda tried not to let her fear show. Instead, she placed her gun on the floor of the plane. “Why don’t you let these two go, huh? You can take me instead. Wouldn’t a federal agent be a much better hostage than two civilians?”

Benny appeared to be considering the offer. However, knowing that he couldn’t fly a plane, and that the King woman probably couldn’t either; he decided it would be better to keep those who could on board. “Unless you know how to fly a plane, I think we’ll just keep these two pilots on board for now. However, you do make a good point. I think I will have you come along for the ride.”

Amanda had hoped Benny would be too worried about not getting away to realize they’d need a pilot, but was glad in a small way that he had accepted her offer to be a hostage. This way, she could at least think of a way to subdue Benny and save her mother and Kurt.

Benny pressed the gun harder to Dotty’s head. “Slide your gun over towards me, then climb on board and close the door behind you. We’re going for a ride.”

Lee planted one more left hook on John’s jaw sending the lackey against the wall. This time, as Lee bent down to defend himself once more; he realized that John wasn’t going to be causing him any more problems, any time soon. The guy was finally out cold. Taking out a pair of handcuffs, he cuffed John to the desk. He then stood and turned in the direction of the door to see how Amanda was fairing. Seeing the open door, and Cindi on the floor, he quickly glanced around the room. His eyes went wide, and fear gripped him, as he realized that both Amanda and Benny were nowhere in sight. Following his instincts, he ran out the door.

Frantically looking around, he shouted, “AMANDA!” Not getting a response, he ran around the corner of the office. Noticing a plane parked just outside what appeared to be Captain Kurt’s hangar, he caught sight of a familiar pair of legs just under the belly of the plane. He watched as they disappeared up the side of the plane and out of sight.

He quickly ran back inside to retrieve his gun, which had fallen out of John’s hand during the fight. Cursing the seconds he was losing as he searched for the gun, he prayed he could reach Amanda in time. He had every bit of faith in his wife’s abilities, but he didn’t know much about this Benny Collins, and had no idea of the situation on board that plane. Finding his gun, he raced back outside.

Looking up, he saw the dark storm clouds brighten as a bolt of lightning lit the sky. Moving his gaze back to the plane, his heart stopped as he noticed it begin to back up and make its way towards the runway. “Amanda, what have you gotten yourself into now?” Knowing he couldn’t stop the plane on foot, he headed in the direction of the control tower.