- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: Scarecrow & Mrs. King is copyrighted to Warner Brothers and Shoot the Moon Production Company. The Story is from my imagination and is for entertainment purposes only and cannot be redistributed without the permission of the author. No infringement of copyright is intended.

Time Frame: After Marriage which is still a secret.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Amanda was reading a magazine on the busy flight to New York, she
couldn't keep her eyes off of the handsome man sitting next to her
who happened to be her husband. As much as she wanted to put her arms
around him and kiss him, Francine was sitting next to Lee and was
eyeing Amanda every now and then. Deciding not to give away anything
for Francine to gossip about, she kept her hands to herself, at least
for the time being.

Lee looked over at Amanda to see her engrossed in a magazine. Seeing
that Francine was immersed in her book, Lee took a hold of Amanda's
hand and leaned over to kiss her cheek. Amanda, surprised at Lee's
overtures, looked towards Francine to see whether they were caught.
After determining that Francine was too busy to notice them, she
leaned over and gave Lee a gentle kiss on the lips.

Lee decided to throw caution to the wind and deepened the kiss.
Startled, Amanda pulled back and raised her finger to Lee's lips. "As
much as I am enjoying this, that book will not keep Francine's
attention away from us for very long," she pointed out. Lee sighed,
agreeing with his wife for the time being, but before releasing her
he whispered into her ear "To be continued in New York."

Amanda smiled and said "Agreed." For the rest of the flight, they
kept their distance.

When they reached New York, Amanda and Francine stayed with the bags
while Lee checked them into their rooms at the Paramount Hotel where
the Summit they were attending was being held.

"I don't know about you, Amanda but I intend to do some serious
shopping while I am here." Francine admitted as they waited for
Lee. "How do you plan on spending your free time?"

Amanda thought carefully before responding. "Oh, I thought maybe I
would do some sightseeing and buy some souvenirs for the boys",
knowing that all of her free time would be spent with Lee.

"That sounds dreadfully boring." Francine said quickly as Lee came
towards them with their room keys. Deciding not to cause any friction
between her and Francine, Amanda picked up her bag and walked towards
her husband.

As they headed towards the elevators, Lee handed out their room keys.
Unknown to Francine, Lee had gotten him and Amanda adjoining rooms
while Francine was on another floor.

"Why are you and Amanda next door to each other while I am two floors
up?" Francine questioned.

As they stepped into the elevator, Lee replied "Well you specifically
said that you wanted a view of Central Park and that was all they had
available", hoping that his excuse sounded convincing to Francine.

"Well, I appreciate that Lee, but that still doesn't explain why you
and Amanda are staying next door to each other", Francine retaliated.

Lee looked at Amanda before answering. "Amanda and I have a lot of
work to do before the Summit and I thought it would be easier having
her next door." Lee replied, knowing that they had to be discreet
where Francine was concerned.

"I'll bet!" Francine said smugly, wondering what the two of them were
up to. "Well, since the Summit is not until tomorrow afternoon, why
don't the three of us take advantage of the New York night life?"
Francine offered as the elevator doors opened to Lee and Amanda's
floor.

"Thanks Francine." Amanda said stepping out of the elevator, "But I'm
pretty tired from the flight. Besides I need to call mother and the
boys and let them know I made it safely. I'll take a raincheck."

"Your Loss. What about you, Lee?" Francine asked. "I could never get
you to say no to partying in New York."

"Until now, Francine. Thanks but no thanks. I'll see you tomorrow."
Lee said quickly as he left the elevator.

As the elevator doors closed, Francine saw Lee and Amanda holding
hands. She leaned back against the elevator stunned as she waited for
the doors to open to her floor. `I thought they broke up', she said
to herself. Thinking back to their flight from DC, she caught their
show of affection towards each other while they thought she was
engrossed in her book. She knew that Lee and Amanda had a close
friendship and had been through a lot together so she really did not
put much into their relationship. However, there were a couple of
times that she caught them in the Q-Bureau holding each other close
or kissing. Lee even admitted that Amanda went skiing with him. Now
that she was starting to put the pieces together, she realized that
there was a lot more to them than met the eye. Francine decided as
she stepped off the elevator to call Jonathan and then go by Lee's
room later to see if he changed his mind about going out for the
evening.

As Lee and Amanda walked hand and hand down the hallway, Amanda
asked "Do you think that will satisfy Francine for now?"

"I think we have seen the last of Francine, at least for tonight" As
they reached their respective doors, he released his wife's hand and
whispered into her ear "Don't be too long. I'll be waiting."

"I can't wait!" Amanda said seductively, giving him a peck on the
cheek.

After Amanda unpacked and called her family, she put on the surprise
she had for Lee under her robe, dabbed some of her husband's favorite
perfume on and knocked on the adjoining door.

While waiting for his wife, Lee unpacked his suitcase and called
downstairs for a very special surprise which had now arrived. He had
been anticipating this night alone with Amanda for some time now.
Every time they had tried to spend time alone as husband and wife,
something had always seemed to get in their way, whether it was Dotty
and the boys, or the agency. Lee was determined to make this a night
that he and Amanda would not soon forget.

Amanda's knock on the adjoining door jolted Lee away from his
thoughts. He took one more look around and then opened the door for
Amanda and led her inside. He gazed at her approvingly as she was
wearing a very provocative robe and her hair was piled on her head
with a few loose stands hanging down. The intoxicating small of his
favorite perfume permeated his senses.

The ambiance of the room rendered Amanda speechless. There were a
dozen roses in a vase on the table and candles glowing throughout the
room. Soft music was playing and a bucket of champagne and a plate of
strawberries were beside the bed. Her gaze went to the handsome man
standing before her who was wearing nothing but his robe. Both the
ambiance of the room and the handsome man standing before her caused
Amanda to become speechless.

Seeing the look on his wife's face, Lee put his arms around her and
asked "What's wrong, sweetheart? Don't you like my surprise?"

"I don't know what to say, Lee. No one has ever done anything like
this for me. I don't deserve all of this."

Lee took Amanda's hand and led her over to the bed. He wrapped his
arms around her waist and said tenderly "This is my way of showing
you how much I love you, Amanda. You deserve all of this and so much
more."

"I love you too, Lee. Very much. She wrapped her arms around his neck
and said, "Now I would like to show you how much I love you."

"Is that a proposition, Mrs. Stetson?" Lee teased.

"Definitely!" Amanda whispered as she ran her fingers through his
hair and brushed her lips against his. Lee eagerly returned the kiss,
moving his hands to cup her face as the kiss deepened. When they
separated, they were both breathless. After drinking some champagne
and feeding each other the strawberries, the desire that they had for
one another intensified.

With Lee looking on, Amanda began to remove her robe. However, she
was not fast enough for Lee who put his hand on her arm stopping
her. "No let me", he offered.

As Lee removed Amanda's robe, his gaze was riveted on the red teddy
she was wearing. The teddy clung to her slim body in all the right
places. "Do you like it?" Amanda asked him as she modeled it for him.

"You look incredible, however I would prefer to see you with it off."
Lee replied with all his desire for her reflected in his eyes.

Amanda sat him down on the bed and started undressing in front of him
in a striptease like motion, which excited Lee. Seeing that Lee was
still dressed, she knelt down in front of him and tugged on the belt
to his robe until she had access to the body that was as familiar to
her as her own.

As Lee lifted Amanda into his arms and gently laid her down on the
bed, he captured her mouth with a deep kiss. Amanda reveled in the
softness of his mouth against hers and enjoyed the sensations that he
was causing to swell deep within her. Lee's kisses were intoxicating
and always brought Amanda feelings of intense pleasure.

As they continued kissing, intensifying the desire they had for each
other, Amanda drew a careless finger up and down Lee's chest, causing
him to moan with pleasure as each touch ignited fires within his
body. Seeing his reaction, Amanda broke away from their deep kiss and
planted tiny kisses up and down his chest and continuing down to his
thighs.

Lee gently reached for her and drew her back towards him. "You are
the most beautiful and sexy woman I have ever known, Amanda", Lee
said breathlessly as he planted tiny kisses up and down Amanda's
neck, savoring the feel of having the woman he loved the most in the
world in his arms.

"Make love to me, Lee!" Amanda whispered softly giving him a look
that melted his heart many times over.

"As you wish, my love!" Lee responded moving his kisses further down
her body.

Lee reached the place on Amanda's body that he knew would give her
the most pleasure and placed his fingers strategically on her soft
mound where he found her wet with their arousal. His fingers entered
her and he could hear her moans as he expertly caressed her. Amanda
gave herself to the feelings Lee was causing to stir within her and
at the same time, placed her hands on his swollen shaft. Lee moaned
as her hands gently stroked him, while her cries of excitement got
louder. "OH MY GOSH!" Amanda exclaimed as her body climaxed to Lee's
ministrations. Lee held her in his arms as her breathing steadied and
her orgasm subsided.

Feeling energized, Amanda resumed her stroking of Lee's shaft
bringing him to his erection. Lee moaned with every stroke and at the
point where he could no longer control himself; he gently entered
her, giving in to the pleasure he was seeking since they arrived in
New York. With each thrust, Lee and Amanda gave themselves to the
sexual dance that had been familiar to them since they had been
married. Amanda moved her hands up and down Lee's back and pulled her
legs around his back, encouraging him to thrust deeper. As each wave
of pleasure coursed through their bodies, their moans grew louder as
they neared their climax. When that moment arrived, Lee and Amanda
clung to each other, savoring the closeness they shared from each
other's bodies.

Afterwards, they lay entwined in each other's arms experiencing the
afterglow that comes from intense lovemaking. As Amanda propped
herself on one elbow and looked deeply into her husband's eyes, she
saw all of the love and desire she felt for him mirrored back.

Closing her eyes and laying back into his arms, she thought back to
her experiences with Joe. It had never been like this. Although, Joe
had left her satisfied after their lovemaking, it did not compare to
the pleasure that Lee brought forth within her, giving her a
completeness that she had never shared with anyone.

At the same time, Lee thought back to all of his previous conquests.
Although, they too left him satisfied, he always felt that something
was missing. That something he realized was Amanda. She had changed
the simple act of sex to that of making love and had closed a void in
his life that he had been missing for so long.

"I love you so much, Mrs. Stetson." Lee whispered gently as he kissed
her forehead and drifted off to sleep.

"I love you too, sweetheart." Amanda smiled as she drifted off to
sleep in his arms.

Francine got off the elevator on Lee and Amanda's floor and walked
towards both of their rooms. As she was about to knock on Lee's door,
she heard loud moans coming from inside. 'No it can't be' Francine
said to herself. The Lee Stetson she knew wouldn't even be attracted
to someone like Amanda King, but then again, since Amanda had come
into his life, Lee had mellowed somewhat and was more pleasant around
Francine and the other agents. She also noticed that he had stopped
hanging around the steno pool and had not had a current girlfriend
for awhile. Obviously, Amanda had caused this change in Lee and
smiled to herself thinking 'well, I guess I underestimated the little
housewife' before she was spotted, Francine walked back towards the
elevator deciding to leave them alone. What she had to say to both of
them would keep until after the Summit tomorrow afternoon.

Amanda woke up the next morning in her husband's arms. She turned
over to see him in a sound sleep and knowing how tired he must be
after their incredible night of passion, she decided to let him
sleep. She kissed him gently on the forehead and maneuvered herself
out of his arms without waking him. Seeing that he was still asleep,
Amanda walked into the bathroom and turned on the water to the
shower. When the temperature was exactly the way she wanted it, she
stepped in and enjoyed the sensation the water was causing as it
pulsated on her body.

As she was washing her hair, she felt a pair of strong arms wrap
around her. Leaning back into the arms of her husband, Amanda
sighed, "Now this is a great way to start the day."

"I agree." Lee said as he reached for the soap. After lathering his
hands, he placed his hand on her back and lightly messaged it,
emitting moans from his wife. He then re-lathered his hands and
soaped down the areas lower down on her body. Not being able to stand
his advances much longer, Amanda turned around and put her arms
around her husband's neck. She brought her lips to his and deeply
kissed him. Now having better access to Amanda's body, Lee placed
tiny kisses down her neck and onto her breasts, capturing one nipple
in his mouth. As Lee moved his tongue around her nipple, he could
feel it hardening. Enticed by his wife's moans, Lee moved further
down her body, hungry to reach the place that he knew would give her
the ultimate pleasure. When he reached her soft mound of hair, he
knelt down in front of her and gently caressed her with his tongue.
He found her wet, not just from the shower but from her arousal.

Before Amanda lost total control, she took Lee's hands and drew him
up. "Now its my turn", she said seductively. She moved her hands onto
his firm chest and made her way down until she reached thigh. She
knelt down and cupped her hands around his now swollen shaft and
started to massage it with her tongue. She went slowly at first but
quickened her efforts as his moans grew louder from the intense
pleasure she was emitting within his body. "Oh God, I love it when
you do that, Mrs. Stetson!" Lee groaned as he enjoyed Amanda's
aggressiveness. Feeling himself lose control, he drew her to her feet
and gently straddled her against the wall. Needing to be inside of
her, he gently entered her, giving in to the passion that he so
desperately wanted to share with her. To his delight, Amanda wrapped
her legs around him enticing him to thrust deeper. They moved
together in a rhythm they had made their own and cried out to each
other as they reached the moment of pure ecstasy.

As they basked in the moment of afterglow, Lee held Amanda tightly in
his arms enjoying the sensations they had created. After finishing
off their shower, they quickly changed and made it down to the Summit
before anyone realized they were missing.
That night, Francine invited Lee and Amanda to dinner on what was to
be their last night in New York. They accepted the invitation and
hailed a cab to take them to the famous Four Seasons Restaurant. At
dinner, Francine couldn't help but notice the longing gazes that Lee
and Amanda gave each other.

"Okay, you two, I have been patient long enough. What is going on
with the two of you?" Francine asked nonchalantly as she drummed her
fingers on the table.

"What do you mean, Francine?" Lee asked innocently.

"Don't give me that, Stetson. You two know exactly what I mean."
Francine said as she eyed both Lee and Amanda. "I know that there is
something going on between the two of you. I am a TRAINED spy you
know." Francine acknowledged as she looked directly at Amanda. "Don't
think I didn't notice what was going on during our flight as well as
the hand holding in the hallway of the hotel", she pointed out to
them. As added amunition she whispered "I went by Lee's room earlier
and I heard some heated discussion between the two of you".

"Well I guess we're caught red handed, Amanda." Lee said nervously as
he looked at Amanda for help. Amanda lowered her head in defeat,
knowing that they had been caught.

"Francine," Lee began, "you and I have known each other for a long
time and I hope that what Amanda I now share with you will not leave
this table. We are not ready for this to become public knowledge."

"I understand." Francine acknowledged.

"If this does get out, Francine," Amanda interrupted, "my family
could become targets".

"I promise not to say anything. Now out with it!" Francine said
losing her patience.

Lee nervously reached over for Amanda's hand and gently caressed it,
which did not go unnoticed by Francine. "Amanda and I are very much
in love, Francine. I'm sure you already know that. What you do not
know is that Amanda and I got married six months ago."

"Married!" Francine raised her voice in astonishment as she choked on
her food.

As soon as the shock from Lee and Amanda's announcement wore off and
Francine was able to collect herself. She took a drink of water
before speaking. "I can't believe it! How did you manage to get
married without anyone finding out?" Francine asked as she looked at
Lee and Amanda.

"Remember the Nick Grant case?" Lee began. Francine nodded her head
in affirmation. Lee continued, "Amanda and I got married by the
Justice of the Peace in Marion, Virginia just after wrapping up that
case.

Francine's memory went into overdrive as she thought back to that
February day. The clues were all there but she just didn't see the
full picture until now. She knew that Lee and Amanda had taken time
off together that weekend Billy kept referring to their trip
as "trips". She also noticed that Lee was agitated and Amanda was
distracted, which was so unlike them.

"Billy and I had our suspicions that something was up with the two of
you but now it all makes sense." Francine acknowledged. "You two
weren't exactly discreet. Every time I came into the Q-Bureau, I
always seemed to be interrupting something. The two of you were
always holding each other or were on other sides of the room smiling
at each other."

"I never could get anything past you, Francine." Lee teased as Amanda
smiled at his remark.

"And you never will, Lee." Francine said. Her face softened as she
admitted "I was surprised at this announcement but I can see that the
two of you are very much in love. I am truly very happy for the two
of you and can honestly say that I have never seen you happier, Lee.
You've become a more pleasant person to be around and I know that is
all due to Amanda. I want the two of you to know that you're secret
is safe with me, at least for now".

Tears sprung to Amanda's eyes at Francine's words. "Thank you,
Francine. That means a lot to us".

Francine grew serious as she added, "if you ever repeat what I just
said to anyone, I will deny it".

Lee and Amanda smiled at each other as the topic of conversation
changed to the Summit that they just attended.

After dinner, Francine decided that Amanda and Lee needed to spend
some time alone and hailed a cab back to the hotel.

Lee and Amanda hailed a taxi and had the driver take them to the
Empire State Building. After paying their fare, they took the
elevator all the way up to the observation deck. As they were looking
at the City below them, Lee took Amanda into his arms and deeply
kissed her. Oblivious to the world around them, they enjoyed the feel
and taste of each other. They reluctantly had to part when a Security
Guard informed them that they needed to leave because they were
closing for the night.

They hailed a cab back to the hotel and spent the last night of their
trip making love and sleeping in each other's arms. Their lovemaking
was intense and emotional, each savoring the feel of one another, not
knowing when they would be together again.

The memories of that one night stayed with them through many lonely
nights without one another. True to her word, Francine kept Lee and
Amanda's secret hidden until they were ready to share it with the
rest of the world.

The End