- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: Scarecrow and Mrs. King and its characters belong to WB and Shoot the Moon Productions. No infringement is intended. This is written for entertainment purposes only. Please do not redistribute or reproduce this story without my permission.

Thanks: Bonita, Miriam and Ashley for all your help and expertise.
Hot Times at IFF

August, l987

When the blistering August sun cast its rays on DC, everyone was taken unaware. Temperatures in July had been normal. None of the local forecasters, including Channel l2’s Dean McGuire, had predicted the coming heat wave. The entire metropolitan area was now in the throes of an unmerciful front that had seemingly appeared out of nowhere.

For ten days straight, the temperatures reached over l00 degrees. After the first week, the power company started experiencing blackouts. The electricity would go out for no apparent reason and sometimes stayed off for hours. Air conditioners were breaking down as quickly as they could be repaired. Cars were overheating, making traffic a nightmare. Everyone was doing what they could to stay cool. The nights, though, were unrelenting, especially when the power was lost. Finally, when the electricity had gone off once too often, Dotty West decided it was time for her and her grandsons to visit her sister, Lillian, in Maine.

After seeing her mother and sons onto the train for their trip up north, Amanda King walked out of Union Station and headed for her Wagoneer. Climbing into the car, the first thing she did was turn the engine on and immediately switch the air conditioner on high. It was only 8:30 in the morning, but the temperature had already climbed to 90 degrees. She was perspiring, drops of water running down the side of her face. Sighing, she plucked a tissue from her purse, and wiped the moisture off.

Turning on the radio, Amanda heard the announcer report another scorcher was predicted. She thought her light cotton skirt and blouse would be comfortable, but she already regretted having worn panty hose. Her legs were feeling sticky from the heat. Luckily, she remembered leaving a pair of sandals in her desk. She would take the stifling panty hose off and change into the other shoes when she arrived at work. Under the circumstances, who would criticize her lack of proper office attire? Putting the vehicle in drive, she maneuvered her way out of the parking lot and onto the streets.

The cold air coming from the car’s air conditioning vents made her more comfortable, and she was happy her mother and sons were escaping the heat. She wished she could have gone with them, but she told them it was impossible. Work was just too busy, with numerous deadlines to be met. In reality, Billy Melrose had given time off to as many people as he could possibly spare, since everyone who could was eager to leave the city. Still, he had to keep a skeleton staff in the office, in case anything urgent came up regarding National Security.

Thus far, the Agency building had been spared from the effect of the blackouts. Amanda looked forward to coming to the office as a haven of coolness, as well as an opportunity to see her husband. Yesterday, however, the building’s air conditioning system broke down. As a result, most cases had been put on stand-by status.

Amanda parked, locked the Wagoneer and walked toward the Georgetown entrance of the Agency. Opening the door, she saw Mrs. Marsten sitting prim and proper at her desk, a small portable fan circulating the air around her. Yesterday, when it looked like repairs were going to take longer then expected, Billy requisitioned portable fans for everyone’s desk. “Good morning, Mrs. Marsten. Today’s password is ‘ice’,” Amanda said with a slight laugh. “I see the AC hasn’t been fixed yet,” she noted waving her hand in front of her face.

“Good morning, Mrs. King. No, it’s still not working, but they’re trying to repair it,” the receptionist said, as she handed over Amanda’s ID badge.

Amanda took the badge from the older woman and clipped it on to her blouse. Privately, she was amused that even the blazing heat wasn’t enough to warm Mrs. Marsten’s trademark frosty tones. “Is Mr. Stetson in yet?” she asked as she started up the staircase. Lee hadn’t been sure what time he would be in today. He and Billy had an early morning meeting scheduled at the State Department, which he’d hoped wouldn’t last long.

“He came in about ten minutes ago and went up to the Q,” Mrs. Martsen replied.

“Thank you.” Amanda smiled at her and continued up the stairs. When she opened the door marked ‘Film Library,’ she saw that the room was empty but a suit jacket hung on the back of Lee’s chair. She wished that he could have dressed more comfortably, but she knew his meeting required professional attire. The fans on both desks were turned on, but they had done little to cool the room.

After dropping her purse on the desk, Amanda opened the bottom drawer and retrieved the sandals she had left there last week. It was pure luck that she hadn’t brought them home instead. She’d forgotten about them after picking them up from the shoe repair shop. Locking the door behind her, to insure her privacy, she took off her shoes, pulled up her skirt, and quickly removed the offending panty hose. After stuffing them into her purse and putting her bag into the bottom drawer of her desk, she set the fan on the floor. Positioning herself carefully to achieve maximum effect, she stood in front of it with her clothing bunched around her waist. A long sigh of relief escaped her, as the fan sent cool waves of air onto her bare legs. She let her skirt fall and it blew around her limbs as she slipped on the sandals.

The next moment she heard a key being put into the lock. The door opened, and Lee entered, carrying a cup holder with two large containers. He looked her up and down, grinned, and gave a low wolf whistle. “I always knew you were sexier than Marilyn Monroe,” he joked. “Even in ‘The Seven Year Itch.”

Amanda felt her cheeks burn with heat that couldn’t be ascribed to the room temperature. “You’re incorrigible,” she laughed. “What do you have there? Do you need any help?”

“That’s one of the reasons you love me.” Lee winked at her. “No I don’t need any help.” Placing the holder on her desk, he walked around it to meet her. “First things first, Mrs. Stetson. Before I answer any questions, come here.” His hands encircled her waist, pulling her body next to his. He leaned his head down, and his lips met hers in a passionate kiss. “Now that’s the proper way to greet your husband. Did your mother and boys make the train on time?” He kissed her lightly on the lips.

“Yes, I’m glad they’re getting out of the heat for the week. I think it was affecting Mother more then she let on, especially after we lost power again last night for two hours. I don’t remember when she’s been so quiet. Anyway, how did the meeting at State go?”

“The meeting was cancelled five minutes after we arrived. Now for the really important question, where do you want to sleep tonight, Mrs. Stetson? My apartment or the house?” Lee wiggled his eyebrows and brought her hand to his lips. “You know, we can alternate sleeping arrangements while they’re gone, one night here, one night there.”

Amanda kissed the tip of his nose. “We’ll need to spend the night at the house, since mother and the boys will be calling to let me know they arrived safely. Now what is that sitting on my desk?” She pointed to the two cups.

“That is iced coffee; I thought it might help cool us off in this heat.” Reaching across the desk, he handed her one of the cups.

“Have you heard from Billy about how much longer it will be before the air conditioning is repaired?” Amanda removed the lid from the iced coffee and took a sip.

“On the drive over to State he said the repairmen were waiting on a part. Hopefully it should be delivered by noon.”

“It’s almost 9:30, if we get these reports done, maybe we can take an early lunch. Perhaps the system will be working when we get back.”

“Amanda, you know I hate doing paperwork.”

“Anyway, the sooner we get started, the sooner we can go to lunch and cool off. Maybe we can even take an extended lunch hour,” she told him, kissing him on the lips.

“Finally, a good incentive for doing paperwork, time alone with my wife, away from work.” Lee needed no other encouragement; he returned her kiss, picked up his cup of iced coffee, and went to his desk. Sitting down, he adjusted the fan so that it was blowing directly at him, rolled up his shirtsleeves and loosened his tie.

A little while later, Amanda finished her typing and iced coffee. She glanced over at Lee and saw sweat beading on his forehead. It was getting hot; she could feel the room getting warmer, even though the curtains were closed on the windows. They had debated yesterday about opening them, but decided that they couldn’t, for security reasons. Also, Amanda had thought that opening the windows would just let the hot air inside. In the end, they’d closed the blinds and curtains, hoping that would help keep the room cool. She looked at her watch and saw that it was eleven o’clock. “Lee, why don’t we go eat now? Sitting in an air conditioned restaurant will cool us off.”

Lee took a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his brow. “Yeah, let’s get out of here for awhile.”

They left the Q-Bureau, dropping their badges off with Mrs. Marsten, who looked as cool and unflappable as ever. They took the ‘Vette because it was parked nearby and, therefore, required a shorter walk in the heat. Lee turned the AC on high as soon as he started the engine. After a minute, hot air coming through the vents changed to cool and then cold. A loud sigh from the vehicle’s occupants was heard from the interior of the car, as coolness washed over them.

They decided to have lunch at Nedlinger’s. Due to the early hour, most of the tables were empty, and their favorite booth was available. Lingering over chef’s salads and iced teas, they basked in the coolness, hoping the air conditioning would be repaired by the time they returned to the Agency.

Eventually, Amanda noticed the time was after noon, and a long line of people were waiting to be seated. Swallowing the last cool drops of the crushed ice that she’d allowed to melt on her tongue, she leaned forward and caught her husband’s eye. “Lee, I think we should leave; they need the table.”

Lee grimaced. “Yeah, I guess we should think about going back.” He motioned for the waitress and paid their check.

Because a parking space in front of the restaurant had been free when they arrived, they didn’t have far to walk to reach the car. Glancing across the console of the Corvette, Amanda offered a suggestion. “Lee, why don’t we stop by your apartment so that you can change into some cooler clothes?”

“No, I’ll be fine. Maybe the AC will be working.” He took his eyes off the road for a moment and smiled at her ruefully. “Besides, you know if we go to the apartment, we’ll never leave. I don’t want Billy or Francine calling and interrupting us.”

Amanda laughed. She knew he was right, they’d been interrupted too many times by phone calls, and they couldn’t leave the phone off the hook. Tonight they would have uninterrupted pleasure, but first they had to get through the rest of the day.

Lee opened the front door of the Georgetown foyer and allowed Amanda to precede him inside. Mrs. Marsten still sat at her desk, but even she was beginning to look a little wilted. “I see we still don’t have cool air yet,” Lee noted, after giving her the password.

“No. Unfortunately, Mr. Melrose has no idea when we will.” Pursing her lips grimly, she handed them their badges.

Lee followed Amanda upstairs to the Q-Bureau. Since they’d finished their reports, they decided to tackle the filing next. There were four stacks of folders to be filed in the vault and one stack earmarked for the cabinets in their office. Lee moved the fan from his desk into the vault, to try and circulate some air.

A half hour later Amanda was sweating. She tapped Lee on the shoulder, “I’m going to the ladies room for a minute.”

Lee looked up at her flushed face and worry flashed across his features. “Amanda, are you okay?”

“I’m fine. I just need some air for a moment and to go to the ladies room.”

In the bathroom, Amanda ran the cold water, soaking some paper towels. She placed one on the back of her neck and wiped her face off with another. “We really shouldn’t have worked in the vault. Even when the air is working, the circulation isn’t too good in there,” she said to her flushed reflection in the bathroom mirror.

The cool water felt refreshing as she wiped the cold wet towel along her neck. Unbuttoning her blouse, she dabbed a cool towel between her breasts. The coolness felt so good she decided to take off her blouse and bra. She wiped her upper body down and let the air dry her skin. ‘I don’t think anyone will notice,’ she thought to herself as she impulsively stuffed her bra in her purse before putting on her blouse. ‘That’s much better. The less clothing, the cooler it feels,’ she thought, soaking more paper towels. ‘Wait, the water cooler has ice cold water. That will feel even better.’ She reminded herself and grabbed a stack of towels to bring back to the Q-Bureau.

When she returned, Lee was drinking a cup of cold water from the water cooler. “I think we need to stay out of the vault for the rest of the day, it’s too hot inside,” she said. Taking one of the dry trowels, she wet it with the cold liquid.

Lee finished the last of his water, threw the cup away, and walked over to her desk. “I agree with you l00 percent.” He leaned close to the fan so that it was blowing air on him; beads of sweat were running down the sides of his face.

Amanda stood next to him and slowly wiped his brow with the cool cloth. “I can’t believe you haven’t taken this tie off, yet,” she exclaimed. After removing the loosened piece of clothing and tossing it on the desktop, she continued her ministrations, pressing the dampened paper towel against the back of his neck.

Suddenly, Lee put his hands on her arms, stopping her actions, “I have something else in mind . . . that will feel even better.”

“What?”

Lee kissed the tip of her nose and smiled at her. “Hopefully we still have some in the refrigerator.” He headed over to the small appliance and, bending down, opened the door. Reaching inside, he pulled out something. “Aha!” Turning around, he brandished a half full ice cube tray, a silly grin on his face.

Amanda grinned back at him. She could’ve kicked herself for forgetting the tray was there. Lee set the tray down on her desk, and she sauntered deliberately to his side. Placing her hands on his arms, she turned him to face her and slowly unbuttoned his shirt. Immediately, she noticed that he hadn’t worn a T-shirt under his dress shirt, and she didn’t blame him. Her fingers slid along the slick surface of his chest. “I see someone forgot to fully dress this morning.”

“No, it was intentional, because it was so damned hot. I didn’t think anyone else would notice.” Lee grinned sheepishly.

“Fortunately, there really isn’t anyone else here to notice.” She spread his shirt open, ducking her head down so he couldn’t see her smile.

He put his hand under her chin and lifted her face to look into her eyes. “You know that’s not what I meant.” Obviously noticing the twinkle in her eyes, he murmured, “Oh, you . . .” and reached behind her.

A second later, Amanda felt ice on the back of her neck and gave a little jump of surprise. “Oh, that feels good!” She sighed, leaning her head back. Lee continued the cube’s journey around to her throat, letting drops of water fall between her breasts until it was melted. She saw his eyes darken as he watched the path the beads of water left. When she saw him lick his lips, a thrill of excitement coursed through her body.

Amanda picked up another piece of ice and duplicated the procedure on him. Since his shirt was open, she ran the cube over his smooth chest and circled the erect nipples in her journey. Her tongue snaked out and ran along her lips in anticipation as she watched the water drip down his taut torso. She leaned her head in and flicked out her tongue, licking up the moisture. A groan escaped him when her hand ran the ice along his waist just above his pants. Suddenly, he turned the tables on her, shifting her body so that she was the one leaning against the desk.

Amanda gasped when she felt herself being moved. One second she was the one in control and the next Lee was in charge. Then she felt his fingertips, chilled and wet from the melted ice water, start to unbutton her blouse. Lee whistled. “Looks like I’m not the only one who didn’t get totally dressed this morning.”

“I’ll have you know that I was fully dressed when I left the house. It’s just some . . . things had to come off, if I was going to bear the heat.”

Seemingly effortlessly, Lee picked her up and then set her down so that she was sitting on the edge of the desk. He plucked a piece of ice from the tray and slid it between the valley of her breasts. Slowly he glided it around them, avoiding the nipples until last. He touched the tips lightly with the cube, watching as each became erect. Quickly, he leaned his head down and licked the droplets of water from her nipples. His tongue swirled around the cold nubbins, and they became even harder.

Amanda shivered, excited by the coldness of the ice and the heat of his breath. She wrapped her legs around his torso and leaned her body back, giving him better access to her breasts. While his lips were busy suckling her breasts, his hands moved along her legs, making her skirt ride up. When he touched the bare skin of her thigh, he paused and looked deeply into her eyes. “That’s right, you got rid of something else, too. I like this new look, Amanda,” he observed in a throaty whisper.

“Those were the first to go when I arrived at work this morning,” Amanda chuckled. Their lips met in a passionate kiss, the ice forgotten. Just as Lee started to hike her skirt up further, the telephone rang.

“Damn it,” Lee groaned. He leaned over and grabbed the phone. “Stetson,” he replied somewhat breathlessly into the receiver. “What? No, I’m fine Billy. It’s just getting a little sticky up here. You need what? Yeah, I know where it is. We’ll bring it down to the bullpen. Give us five minutes.” He hung up the phone and straightened up, shaking his head ruefully. “Well, with his usual impeccable timing, Billy needs the Mayfield report. I didn’t think it would be a good idea for him to come up here. This will give us a little time to fix our clothes.”

Amanda scooted off the desk. “You’re right. Oh my gosh, I don’t think I locked the door when I came back. Anyone could’ve interrupted us. We should be grateful it was only the phone and not Billy or Francine barging in.” While she had been speaking, she had buttoned her blouse and straightened her skirt. “Maybe it’ll be a little cooler down in the bullpen.”

“I hope so, but that kind of heat is not what’s bothering me.” Lee said as he partly rebuttoned his shirt. Grabbing the report from his desk, he placed his hand on the small of Amanda’s back and guided her out the door. “Let’s go. Maybe Billy will let us leave for the day after we deliver this paperwork.”

A security guard opened the doors to allow them to enter the bullpen. Only one was on duty, as three-fourths of the staff had been allowed to go home. The room was empty except for Francine. She looked uncharacteristically frazzled, and her usually perfectly coiffed hair was matted to the back of her neck. “Well, well, don’t you look all nice and comfy.” Francine said cattily, running her hand teasingly along the seam of Lee’s open shirt.

“Can it, Francine,” Lee replied removing her hand.

“There’s something different about you, Amanda. I can’t put my finger on it.” Francine narrowed her eyes and looked her up and down appraisingly.

Amanda felt her cheeks burn under Francine’s scrutiny. “Nothing’s changed, Francine.”

Francine tapped a red-tipped fingernail on her chin. When her gaze wandered down to Amanda’s feet, her eyes widened. “That’s it! You’re wearing flat sandals with a dress skirt. Now, Amanda, every woman knows you wear heels and stockings with a skirt.”

Amanda raised her eyebrows. Normally, she ignored Francine’s jibes, but the heat and the untimely interruption from Billy made her less forbearing than usual. “Under the circumstances, I don’t think anyone would object to someone being comfortable in this heat. Besides, I thought a lady doesn’t sweat?”

Francine looked perplexed. “What do you mean?”

Amanda leaned over and whispered loudly, “Did you know you have two large wet spots on your blouse?” She knew this revelation would make Francine uncomfortable, and she had spotted the wetness on the other woman’s blouse as soon as they’d entered the bullpen.

Francine’s eyes widened, and her face turned red. “Umm . . . thanks, excuse me.” She brushed by Amanda, nearly colliding with Lee in her haste to leave the bullpen.

Amanda giggled as she watched Francine leave.

Lee murmured mockingly, “Now, now, pull in your claws. Don’t you know that Francine doesn’t sweat; she glows.”

“She deserved that.”

“I know.” Lee grinned at her and took her hand. “And so much more.”

They made their way into Billy’s office and found him standing in front of his desk. Like Lee, he had rolled up his shirtsleeves, had unbuttoned several buttons, and was minus a tie. A white towel was draped around his neck, which he continuously used, to wipe his sweating brow, and his shirt was soaked with perspiration.

Lee handed him the report. “Here’s the Mayfield file.”

Billy took it from him and walked around to sit at his desk. There were two fans on it circulating air, one on each side. He sat down with an ‘oomph,’ wiping his forehead with the towel.

“Sir, have they said anything else about when the air conditioning will be turned back on?” Amanda asked.

Billy looked forlorn. “No, and I’m beginning to suspect that maintenance is just giving me the runaround. They keep promising ‘soon,’ but you know how that goes. They tell you one thing and do another.” The phone on his desk rang and he picked up the receiver. “Thanks, I’ll send Francine down with the file.” He put the phone back in the cradle and looked out the window into the bullpen. “Desmond!” Billy yelled out.

“Sir, Francine has gone to the ladies room, I believe,” Amanda informed him.

“We probably won’t see her for an hour then,” Billy chuckled. He rifled through a pile of papers on his desk, looking for the paperwork. “There really isn’t much going on here and it’s after two o’clock. Would you mind taking this file down to cryptology? Afterwards, go on home and try to cool off. There is no sense in everyone being miserable if they don’t have to be.”

Lee glanced over at Amanda and smiled. “Sure, Billy, we’d be glad to go down to cryptology.”

The idea of spending an afternoon alone with her husband excited Amanda. With Mother and boys out of town, they’d be able to spend the entire night together, also. Neither of them had to worry about getting up early in the morning and going to an empty bed.

Billy picked up the file from the desk and handed it to Lee. “I’ll see you two in the morning.”

Amanda turned to tell Billy goodbye, when she felt a draft from the air conditioning vent. It was cold. “Oh my gosh, the AC is working. Can you feel it?” Everyone went over to the wall and stood in front of the vent. Cold air was flowing from it. “Sir, we don’t have to leave after we take the report down to cryptology. We can stay and work.”

Lee’s reaction to her statement didn’t surprise her. He widened his eyes and mouthed, “No.”

“No, no, go on home,” Billy urged. It’ll take a while before everything cools down. The system has been out twenty four hours; it’s going to take time to get back to normal.” He wiped the sweat from his brow and turned to face the flowing air.

Amanda looked at Lee, who was now grinning from ear to ear. “Thank you, Sir. We’ll see you in the morning then.”

“Yeah, Billy, try to keep cool. We’ll see you tomorrow,” Lee added.

As they were leaving, Amanda turned her head and saw Billy move a chair so that it was facing the vent. He sat down, stretched his legs out in front of him, closed his eyes and sighed.

Lee tugged at her arm and whispered, “Let’s go. The sooner we deliver this, the sooner we can leave.”

Amanda nodded in reply.

They made their way to the elevator and rode it down two levels to the floor where the cryptology department was located. When they arrived, only Daniel Jefferson was working. Lee handed him the report, told him goodbye, and guided Amanda out the door. While they were walking down the corridor, the power suddenly went off. Emergency lighting came on a second later, but the hallway was still dark and eerie.

“Oh no, a blackout. How are we going to get out of here, Lee?” When the electricity had gone out, Amanda grabbed his hand automatically, not really afraid, but unnerved. She didn’t like the idea of being underground with no power.

Lee put his hand on her shoulder, rubbing it soothingly, “We’re not. The elevators won’t be working, since the emergency generator is used only for essential power. If we want to leave, we’ll have to walk up the stairs. I don’t know about you, but I don’t relish the feeling of walking all that way in this stifling heat.”

“I agree, but what can we do?” They stood silently in the middle of the corridor for a few moments. Amanda could see the wheels turning in Lee’s mind. She knew he was thinking of a solution to their predicament.

“I have something else in mind, that’ll help keep us cool and pass the time until the power is back on.” He kissed her lightly on the lips.

She smiled at him in the dim light. “What do you have in mind?”

“Come on, follow me.” They walked down the corridor hand in hand and stopped in front of a door labeled “Gymnasium”. “I happen to have a key, and I’ll bet no one is in here today. Who the hell would work out in this heat?” Taking a key from his pocket, he unlocked the door. Inside they could barely see, but the emergency lighting produced enough illumination to keep them from walking into anything.

“Please tell me you’re not planning on a fencing or kick boxing lesson,” Amanda teased. “What do you have in mind, Lee?”

“Well, wrestling you might be fun,” he joked, “but not in this heat.” He stopped in front of a door and opened it. “With the power out, it’s going to get hot very quickly. I know the perfect way to cool off.”

The Agency had remodeled the entire gymnasium, including the showers, several years ago. Instead of building separate, male/female shower rooms, they had built small, individual shower rooms that were unisex and could be used by anyone. After working out, an agent would go to a locker and retrieve their clothing, then enter an unoccupied room to clean up and redress.

Entering one of the small rooms, Amanda was able to see fairly clearly because the white tiled walls reflected back the emergency lighting. She saw a commode to the left, a sink with a counter in front of it, and a metal stand for hanging clothing in the far left corner. On the other side of the sink was a large laundry basket for used towels. To the right and in the corner was a shower. The right side and back of the shower consisted of two of the walls, with an additional wall built on the left to keep water from spraying all over the room, a shower curtain hung across the front. In one corner of the shower was a small ledge for holding toiletries. If you didn’t bring your own, dispensers that contained shampoo, conditioner, and soap were hung on the wall next to the ledge. In the other corner of the room, opposite the shower, was a shelf holding towels and washcloths. Upon leaving the shower, an agent only had to open the curtain and take a few steps to grab a towel.

“I have a feeling we’re going to enjoy the power outage,” Amanda commented looking around in satisfaction.

After following her inside, Lee closed the door, locking it behind him. “Just in case. We don’t want any interruptions.”

Amanda felt Lee’s arms wrap around her from behind, his lips on her neck. She leaned back to give him better access, “Mmm, that feels good,” she moaned.

She felt Lee struggle to unbutton her blouse. “Turn around,” he whispered into her ear. “I can’t get this undone, and I don’t want to tear it.”

When Amanda turned in his arms, he quickly unbuttoned her blouse, and she did the same with his shirt. After Lee hung their clothes on the metal stand, he leaned her against the sink; his lips meeting hers in a frenzied kiss. Amanda felt his tongue request entrance, which she granted immediately.

Breaking away at last to take a breath, Lee bent his head and kissed the sensitive hollow at the base of her throat. He continued to kiss his way along her neck and suckled her ear lobe, gently running his tongue along its contours. He cupped her breasts with his hands, kneading them and then tweaking the nipples between his fingertips. Meanwhile, Amanda ran her hand along the front of his pants, rubbing the erection that was threatening to burst from its confines. Their hands were everywhere, touching and feeling. The room was heating up, not only from their activities, but also from the rising ambient temperature. “Let’s cool off,” he suggested breathlessly.

Amanda put her arms around Lee’s neck and kissed him hungrily. “But we’re both overdressed for the occasion,” she murmured as her hands moved to the buckle of his belt.

Lee put his hand over hers. “Wait . . . I meant I want to take this slow,” he said, kicking off his shoes and removing his socks.

Amanda kissed him again, her hands still on the buckle of his belt. She undid the belt and unzipped his pants, snaking her hand inside the fly of his boxers to softly caress his growing erection.

“Oh God, that feels good,” he moaned. When she removed her hand from his swollen shaft, he backed away from her and removed both articles of clothing at once, hanging them with their shirts. “Now, only one of us is overdressed,” he growled, unfastening the button on the side of her skirt. He hooked his fingers under the waistband to slide her skirt off and then looked up at her, his eyes wide with surprise.

“Amanda, you’re not wearing any underwear!” He exclaimed.

“No, it was too hot this morning when I put the pantyhose on. I decided that I didn’t need underwear.” She shrugged. “One less piece of clothing to stick to me. Do you approve?”

“Oh, I definitely approve.” He grinned and winked at her. “ Even if you tricked me with that fib in the Q -- about being fully dressed this morning.” He slipped the skirt down her waist, his hand brushing her bare rear with his fingertips.

Amanda stepped out of her skirt. Lee handed it to her, and she reached out to hang it with the rest of their clothing. Lee knelt in front of her, his hands caressing the cheeks of her rear. He kissed her stomach, slowly trailing kisses downward, flicked his tongue in her naval, and continued on. He kissed and licked the insides of her thighs, slightly parting them. Then his kisses trailed upward. Gently he probed her with his tongue, barely touching her pleasure center and causing her to moan in pleasure.

“Come with me,” Lee told her as he rose and took her hand in his. He led her to the shower stall. With one quick movement he moved the shower curtain to the side and lifted it, so that it draped over the wall, out of their way. Amanda followed him in and he turned on the cold water. He adjusted the showerhead to a massaging pulse and the spray fell over their bodies.

“Oh, wow . . .” was all Amanda could say when Lee took her in his arms and kissed her ravishingly under the cold water. The coolness of the spray felt soothing and refreshing, but her blood was hot with passion. Amanda slipped her hand between their bodies and stroked Lee’s hardened penis. The water and moisture from his tip made his shaft slippery.

Amanda knelt in front him. Taking his swollen member in her hand she stroked him and then teased the tip with her tongue. She licked up and down his shaft before taking him into her mouth. Amanda glanced up and saw him lean his head back against the shower wall and groan. She felt his hands on her head, entwined in her hair. Then he was lifting her up, and his lips ravaged hers hungrily.

Their lips parted when Amanda felt her foot slide slightly on the slippery surface of the shower floor. “Oh my gosh,” she gasped as Lee put his hands firmly around her waist to keep her from falling.

Lee kissed her sweetly on the lips. “We don’t want any accidents.” Quickly he stepped to the rack of towels, grabbed several off the shelf, and spread them out on the floor. Lee adjusted the water spray so that it would gently cascade over their bodies.

“It’ll be like we’re making love in the rain,” she told him as she stepped onto the towel.

“Exactly what I had in mind,” Lee said in a husky voice as he tangled his fingers in her hair and kissed her passionately. He leaned her back against the wall; his lips trailing a path of fire along her neck and back to her lips again.

Hands moved between their bodies, seeking to pleasure each other. Amanda wrapped her fingers around Lee’s swollen penis, slowly stroking, feeling him grow harder with each movement. She moaned as she felt his hand slide over her breast, tweaking the nipple between his fingertips. Then it moved even further down, and his finger slid along her slit, lightly touching the pleasure bud hidden there. Amanda arched her back as Lee inserted his finger into her hot core. He moved back and forth from her vagina to her clitoris, teasingly.

Amanda increased her grip on Lee’s throbbing erection, moving faster and faster. Lee stopped his actions and halted her movements. “Not yet. I want to be inside you.”

“I want you inside me, NOW.” Her voice was hoarse with passion, and she looked deeply into his darkened eyes.

Lee kissed her feverishly, their tongues dancing wildly. He shifted their positions, so that he was leaning against the wall. Breaking their kiss, he sat down and spread his legs out in front of him with his knees raised. “Sit,” he said, extending his hand to help her down.

Amanda sat down between his legs on the floor, practically sitting in his lap. She wrapped her arms around his neck. “What do I do now?” She teased his lips with her tongue.

Lee kissed her deeply. His lips moved to her ear, and he whispered seductively. “Lift yourself up, straddle each of my arms with your legs and place your hands on the floor behind you. Then slowly move towards me.”

Amanda did as instructed, placing her feet on each side of him. Lee hooked her knees with his elbows, held on-to her hips, and guided her onto his swollen penis. They started rocking slowly at first, finding their rhythm. By keeping her hands behind her on the floor, Amanda found she was able to control the depth of his penetration. With each thrust, Lee was going deeper and deeper. They both moaned loudly and gasped for breath.

The water continued to fall over their heated bodies. This erotic sensation, plus the angle of penetration, was exquisite. Amanda was near the breaking point; she could feel her orgasm building. Lee moved his hands from her hips. She felt him part her outer lips and rub his thumb over her swollen clitoris. The faster Amanda thrust herself onto Lee’s penis, the faster he rubbed her pleasure bud.

They were both close, each able to tell that the other was ready to orgasm. Arching her back and thrusting back her head, Amanda felt her climax explode. “Lee …” she moaned, as waves of pleasure coursed throughout her body, and her vagina contracted around his thrusting penis.

“Oh, God,” Lee groaned, as the feel of Amanda’s vaginal spasms drove him to his own orgasm. Calling out her name, he spilled his hot essence deeply into her core. They continued their sexual dance until they were both sated.

Afterwards, Amanda shifted her position and laid back against Lee’s chest. His arms wrapped around her, holding her tightly against him, as the cold water cooled their passion filled bodies. “Wow, that was fantastic. I could feel you going deeper with each stroke. We’ve never made love like that before. Where did you learn this particular position?” Amanda asked. She held her breath, wondering if it was something he’d done before and if so, with whom.

Lee laughed. “Do you remember the ‘Pleasure Party’ you attended a while back? A certain book you purchased?”

Turning in his arms, she looked into his eyes. “The Kama Sutra?”

“I’ve been reading it. Okay, looking at the pictures. This position was called the ‘love seat’.”

Amanda settled back into his arms and snuggled against him. “Anytime you want to try another way of making love, let me know. I’m willing to try anything, once.”

Lee kissed the back of her neck, “Deal, Mrs. Stetson. In fact, I saw several different positions we can experiment with,” he replied kissing the top of her head.

The electricity came back on about ten minutes later, and they decided to get dressed. Amanda picked up the towels and threw them into the laundry basket. They left the shower, and Lee locked the door to the gymnasium, pocketing the key. “Let’s go home,” he said taking her hand in his.

“I hope at least one of our homes has power.” Amanda shook her head thinking of all the recent blackouts she’d experienced. “I keep thinking of that old Cole Porter line, ‘I’d like to coo with my baby tonight, but it’s too darn hot.”

“I’m sure we can find a way to cool down, Mrs. Stetson,” Lee whispered in her ear, as they made their way down the corridor.

“Oh, I don’t doubt that.” Amanda laughed as she started thinking of more pleasurable ways they could keep cool in the heat wave.

The End