- Text Size +

Life Renewed

I leaned on my cane and feasted my eyes on her. She stared at the ground, as if afraid of what she would see if she looked up. I reached out and lifted her chin to allow my gaze to meet hers.

Her eyes widened with shock a second before she launched herself at me. I caught her mid-air and hugged her tight to my body. Leaning against the doorjamb for support, I buried my face in her neck, breathing in her unique scent.

This woman had kept me going when I should have died. Now my life is hers.

The End

ooo000ooo

Chapter End Notes:

So what did you think? Each drabble should be able to stand alone. A story made up of drabbles is an unusual concept. Did it work?