- Text Size +

Sanctuary

I fought the pain down and pushed back the faintness that came with loss of blood. Shock registered in my brain as I opened my eyes to find the sun blocked by a silhouette.

I struggled to understand as the figure spoke to me. He crouched and I flinched in instinctive fear as he touched my shoulder. Features came into focus and I relaxed. I heard him shout for a medic and knew I was safe. Not home, but among friends.

The comfort of kind words and the bliss of drugs allowed me to slip into the arms of Morpheus.