- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: Scarecrow and Mrs. King and its characters belong to WB and Shoot the Moon Productions. No infringement is intended. This is written for entertainment purposes only. Please do not redistribute or reproduce this story without my permission.

Thanks: Lynda, Bonita and Ashley, you are the best team of betas. Also thanks to all the gutter girls, y’all rock.

This story also answers Alleycat’s challenge, wherein the phrase, “Wow Lee, I can’t believe it’s that big!” is used.
Halloween

October, l987

Amanda Stetson slowly opened her eyes and stared at the alarm clock on the nightstand. The time was 6:00 in the morning, too early to get up on Saturday morning, but she was wide-awake and couldn’t go back to sleep. She turned over and looked down at the sleeping form in bed next to her. Neither of them had bothered putting nightclothes on after making love last evening.

Lee Stetson was laying on his back fast asleep, the sheets covering him only partially, an arm flung over his head and a hand resting on his stomach. Amanda sat up quietly in bed and admired him, scanning his taut body with her eyes. The appreciation of him stopped when she noticed a protrusion sticking up under the sheet. As her hand reached out to gently remove the cover, she looked up to make sure he was still sound asleep. ‘Well, what do we have here? We can’t let this go to waste, I wonder if I can pleasure him, without waking him up,’ she thought to herself as she leaned over her husband’s morning erection. Her tongue flicked out and lightly swirled around the tip.

After teasing the tip for a few seconds, Amanda looked up again to see if Lee had awakened. She smiled, grateful that he hadn’t. Confidently, she leaned back over his hardened penis and leisurely trailed her tongue up and down his shaft with feather-like touches. Hearing a barely audible groaning come from him, she momentarily stopped and checked to see if he was awake. She watched for any movement as he became quiet again.

Just as she was about to continue her ministrations, she felt his body shift as he moved his hand from his stomach to his side. Assuring herself that he was asleep, she reached out and let her finger trace the tip of his member. A drop of moisture had formed there and she was about to take him into her mouth, when she felt his hand on her head. “Having a little fun this morning are we, Mrs. Stetson?” she heard him groan.

Amanda sat up in bed and swatted at Lee playfully. “How long have you been awake?”

“I’ve been up since the moment you moved the sheet,” Lee replied smugly as he grabbed her and brought his lips to hers in a passionate kiss.

“Why did you let me continue, then?”

“Why should I stop you, my dear? I wanted to see just how far you would go. But I soon realized I wasn’t going to be able to keep quiet and let you finish your activities, without touching your gorgeous body.” Lee said as his lips captured the nipple of her breast and began sucking on it gently.

Amanda’s hand moved down to his bulging organ and gripped it tightly, pumping his length. Amanda groaned when she felt his lips leave her breast and he kissed his way up to her neck and ears, sucking on a lobe before capturing her lips in a tongue-dancing kiss.

“I want to be deep inside you,” Lee whispered gruffly, as he put his hands around her waist and moved her so that she was positioned on top of him.

Amanda felt the tip of his penis at the entrance to her hot, wet core. She slowly lowered herself onto him, taking his entire length in, moaning in pleasure. At first, she moved leisurely, but when she felt his fingers part her outer lips and his thumb caress her swollen bundle of nerves, she quickened her pace. Soon, they were in the throes of ecstasy, each about to go over the edge.

Lee applied more pressure and movement to her clitoris as Amanda’s hot vagina pumped his penis, harder and deeper with each stroke. “Leee . . .” Amanda moaned as she felt the onset of her climax and Lee exploded deep inside her, her muscles contracting around him. They held each other in the aftermath of their lovemaking, letting their breathing return to normal.

“You can wake me up every morning that way, Mrs. Stetson,” Lee said as he tenderly kissed her lips.

“I’ll see what can be arranged, Mr. Stetson,” Amanda replied then whispered something into his ear.

The only response Lee gave Amanda was a wiggling of his eyebrows.

Several minutes later they both decided it was time to get up and dressed. They both had busy days ahead of them. Amanda had some things to do around the house, while Lee had several errands to run.

Later that morning, Amanda carried a box down from the attic, placed it on the kitchen table and opened it. It was a little over three weeks before Halloween and she decided today was the perfect day for her to decorate the inside of the house, since Dotty was with Captain Kurt and Lee had taken the boys costume shopping.


She thought about all the work they had already done outside the house the week before. The previous Saturday, Amanda and Dotty had been shopping at a flea market and found an old black cauldron. They haggled for it and got a good price. It didn’t take them long to decide it would make a perfect witch’s cauldron for their Halloween display. Dotty had also managed to find an old store mannequin very cheap, she told Amanda “you never know what it might come in handy for.” At one of the vendors’ stalls, Amanda had found orange and black bulbs that would fit into a string of Christmas lights. After dinner that evening, Jamie and Phillip removed all the lights from a strand and replaced them with the black and orange ones.

On Sunday, they’d had fun decorating the outside of the house. Lee had taken the Wagoneer and returned with several bales of hay, and Dotty had immediately gone inside the house and returned with some old clothes. After several attempts to keep the hay from falling out, they’d managed to build a respectable looking ‘scarecrow’, which they sat on the bales of hay.

They dressed up the mannequin with a witch’s hat and old black cape. Phillip had found an old rake that was broken, and they used the stick to make it look like the witch was stirring something in the cauldron.

They took some old sheets, stuffed them with old rags to make heads, then painted black eyes and a mouth on each and hung them from the tree limbs. When the wind blew, they looked liked ghosts floating in the air.

Lee hung the orange lights around the front door, and he also set up a spotlight in the tree that glowed eerily down into the yard. Also under the tree, Phillip and Jamie had placed fake tombstones in the ground making a small graveyard. Phillip had found some leftover plywood from a house that was being remodeled a few blocks from theirs. Lee helped them cut the wood into reasonable looking facsimiles of tombstones. They had spent every night during the past week in the garage painting them and laughing hysterically at the funny sayings they were coming up with. When they were finished, they nailed stakes to the back of them so they could stick them in the ground. Some stones read: -- Here lies old man Fred, yesterday he was alive, but today he's dead -- Here Lies Lester Moore, Four Slugs from a .44, No Les No More -- and I told you I was sick. A few had only names, which read: -- Mummy B. Ware -- U. R. Gone -- and Ted N. Buried.

Amanda shook her head to get her mind back to the job at hand and stop reminiscing about last week’s activities. She pulled a string of construction paper black bats and white ghosts out of the box; the boys had made them last year to hang down the banister of the staircase. She walked up to the top of the stairs and tied one end on the newel post. As she walked down the stairs she let the bats and ghosts hang over the railing, until she was at the bottom where she tied the other end to the newel at the base of the staircase.

Returning to the box, she retrieved the cardboard witch, scarecrow, and mummy. She went to the kitchen drawer and got the tape. Deciding to hang the scarecrow on the door to the laundry room, she tacked it up carefully so that the tape couldn’t be seen or ruin the front of the decoration. Next, she went into the hallway and taped the witch to the hall closet and the mummy on the dining room door.

Next she hung the wreaths. She had two, one each for the front and back doors. On the front, she hung the larger one, it was made of straw and had ‘Happy Halloween,’ a scarecrow and pumpkins with fall leaves. The one for the back door was made of Styrofoam and had miniature ghosts, black cats, goblins, witches, spiders, bats and skulls glued on it.

A special bowl for the candy was placed next to the front door on the hallway table, to be filled later with lots of munchies. Amanda had found it a few years ago at a garage sale. The bowl was hand made and painted orange with the words ‘Trick or Treat Goodies,’ tantalizingly stenciled on it in black. She knew better than to put anything in it now, or it’d be eaten up before the trick-or-treaters arrived. She had learned her lesson the first year, when Phillip and Jamie couldn’t go past it without sticking their hands in and taking several pieces of candy.

She placed various candles throughout the living room, dining room, den and kitchen. She had so many in different sizes and shapes that looked like ghosts, black cats, witches, pumpkins, bats, werewolves, Dracula, and Frankenstein. Amanda even had one in the shape of a witch’s hat and another that looked like candy corn. She probably had too many candles, but she just couldn’t resist buying them. Amanda placed a set of orange tapers in the center of the dining room table with a strand of fall leaves woven around the candlestick holders hiding their base.

On the kitchen table, she laid out place mats that read ‘Happy Halloween.’ She put the empty box in the laundry room so it would be out of the way, but still handy when it was time to take the decorations down. The grumbling sensation in her stomach reminded her it was past lunchtime. A quick sandwich and cup of hot tea a few minutes later satisfied her need for food. As she cleaned up the kitchen, she heard a car door slam in the driveway.

“MOM . . . you’ll never guess who I’m going to dress up as for Halloween!” Phillip yelled as he came running in the backdoor.

Amanda turned from the kitchen sink and looked at her oldest son. A smile crossed her face as she saw him standing in front of her, a brown fedora on his head, pulled down shading his eyes. She strolled over to him and pushed the hat up off his eyes. “Okay…I give, who are you supposed to be?”

“Wait, you need to see this first, then picture me wearing tan pants and my brown leather jacket with the hat.” Phillip replied as he pulled a bullwhip out of the paper bag he was holding.

“Phillip King, that’s not a real whip is it?”

“No, Mom. A real one would have been totally rad, but Lee said no. He said you’d probably kill him if he bought me a real one. But we found this one at the costume store, it’s a replica of the one in the movie,” he said as tried to make it crack on the floor with a flick of his wrist.

“Phillip, don’t do that in the house, in fact don’t do that at all. Someone could get hurt.” Amanda admonished her oldest son.

“Awww. . . Mom, no one will get hurt, it’s not real, it only sounds real and Lee said he’d show me how to use it, the right way.”

“Oh he did, did he, well we’ll see about that later, and he’s right I still may end up killing him. Besides, didn’t Indiana Jones wear the bullwhip on his hip, coiled up?”

“Yea, I have this belt that’s used to hold the whip,” Phillip replied as he took a belt out of the bag. “Mom, this is gonna be the best Halloween party I’ve ever been to, the girls are gonna love me, after all, they love Indiana Jones.”

“Well, Indy, why don’t you go put your things away and we’ll talk about using the whip after dinner tonight. I want to talk to Lee first. In fact, where are Lee and Jamie?”

“They’re unloading the car. We stopped and picked up some pumpkins on our way home.” Phillip replied as he put away the whip and belt and went upstairs.

Amanda watched Phillip run out of the room, still unsure how she felt about Lee buying a whip for him, even though it was a fake. Just as she turned, Lee and Jamie walked into the kitchen. Lee set two pumpkins down on the kitchen island and placed his hand around her waist drawing her to him, giving her a light kiss on the lips. “I see you’ve been busy decorating. Why didn’t you wait? I would’ve helped.”

“Hey, Mom, wait’ll you see the cool stuff Lee bought me,” Jamie interrupted as he dumped his bag on the kitchen counter. “We found the neatest costume store. I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to be.”

Amanda looked up at Lee, when she saw what Jamie had spilled onto the counter. “Let me guess.” She said as she picked up a pair of vampire teeth. “Dracula?”

“And I’ve got this black cape to wear. It’s gonna be awesome.”

Also on the counter was black hair dye, white face paint and red liquid filled capsules. Picking one up, she turned it over to see what it was. “What are the capsules for?” Amanda questioned.

“The man at the store gave me a sample,” Jamie said as he picked up the smallest capsule and put it in his mouth and bit down. A second later, blood starting dripping from the corners of his mouth. “What do you think, Mom? Fake blood . . . cool isn’t it.”

Amanda turned to Lee and eyeing him with a skeptical look replied, “Cool, yes, but is it washable?” Because all she could think about were the ruined clothes if it wasn’t.

“Yes, they assured me it was washable. I know some of the things I bought, you wouldn’t have, but nothing here will hurt them. I promise.” Lee said, giving her his most winning smile.

Amanda really wasn’t mad at him, but she wasn’t exactly thrilled either. “We’ll talk about the bullwhip later. Jamie why don’t you pick up your things and go upstairs to wash the fake blood off your face.”

“Ok, Mom,” Jamie said as he packed the bag and went upstairs to clean up.

“Don’t worry, the bullwhip is fake, it’s only rope with rawhide wrapped around it and I’ll teach him how to use it properly. Plus, I’ll make sure he knows it is only to be used as a prop.” Lee told her as he wrapped his hands around her waist, held her next to him and kissed the tip of her nose. “He wants to impress the girls at the party, and one girl in particular named Misty, with his expertise.”

Amanda kissed him lightly on the lips, “As long as he understands the consequences if he breaks anything or hurts anyone. Even though it’s made of rope, it can still do some damage.”

Lee returned her kiss, “You have my word, Mrs. Stetson.”

They broke apart and Amanda went over to the pumpkins. “I see we’ll be doing some carving later tonight.”

Lee slapped his hand to his head, “Oh, wait, I’ll be right back, I left something in the car.”

Amanda watched over her shoulder as Lee went out the back door then she went to the refrigerator to get a glass of tea. When she closed the door she looked up and almost dropped her glass on the floor. “Wow, Lee, I can’t believe it’s that big!” Standing in the doorway was her husband, holding the largest pumpkin she’d ever seen, she was amazed at the size of the gourd. “Lee, you shouldn’t have bought that!” Amanda exclaimed.

Lee carried it to the kitchen island, set it down and put his arms around Amanda. “It was so big, I couldn’t resist it. I wanted the first Halloween of the Stetson family to be the best,” he said as he nuzzled her neck. Then he whispered in her ear, “Plus, I do recall you whispering almost the same thing to me this morning, about something else being too big to resist,” Lee said with a mischievous smile.

********

Night Before Halloween

Amanda had been making the last touches to dinner when she heard the front door shut and Dotty yelling they were home. Earlier that afternoon, Dotty had asked Lee to take her to the mall to pick up a costume she had ordered to wear to the masquerade party; she was attending with Captain Kurt on Halloween night. Even though Dotty now had her driver’s license, there were still some roads she didn’t care to navigate, especially highways.

“I’m in the kitchen,” Amanda yelled to the returning twosome.

Several minutes later, Dotty came into kitchen and took the plates out of the cupboard to set the table. “Amanda, Kurt and I are sure to win the prize for best costume. Wait till you see us dressed up in our outfits.”

“I’m positive you will, Mother. So, are you going to tell me who you are going as? Did Lee come in with you?”

“Oh, no, Amanda, I want that to be a surprise. Let’s just say I’m going to be the belle of the ball. Lee . . . he’s putting some things away upstairs for tomorrow night.” Dotty said as she kissed Amanda on the cheek and opened the silverware drawer, adding forks and knives to the stack of plates.

The moment after Dotty spoke, Lee entered the kitchen, smiling like a Cheshire cat. Dotty knew what Lee was up to and made a speedy retreat from the room saying, “I need to call Kurt and make sure everything is set for tomorrow night.”

Amanda put her hands around Lee’s neck and kissed him on the lips. “Okay, Scarecrow, what’s with the smile? I know you’re up to something? What were you hiding upstairs?”

“Me . . . Now why would I hide anything?” Lee said as he nestled into her neck.

Amanda felt his lips on her neck and knew he was trying to distract her. “Because, I know you too well. I can tell when you’re trying to hide something. Remember, my interrogation techniques have improved, and I’ve learned some tricks from the best.” Amanda replied as she nipped his ear lobe and her hands moved along the contours of his body. “Now, if you still refuse to talk, I’ll have to take you to our bedroom and conduct an in-depth interrogation.”

“Is that a promise,” Lee asked as he winked at her.

At that moment, Jamie and Phillip ran into the kitchen interrupting them. “When’s dinner, Mom?” They asked in unison.

“About fifteen minutes. Why don’t you finish setting the table for your Grandmother.” The boys grabbed the plates and utensils and went to the dining room.

Amanda turned back to Lee, “you’ve won a reprieve, due to dinner being almost ready.”

Lee kissed her on the lips, “I was looking forward to being interrogated. But, since it looks like that won’t happen until later tonight, I guess I really shouldn’t keep you in suspense.”

Amanda returned his kiss, “how gallant of you. Now, what did you buy?”

Lee leaned back on the kitchen counter, “I didn’t buy anything, but I did rent something.”

Amanda crossed her arms in front of her. “What did you rent?”

“Well, while we were at the costume store the salesperson received a telephone call, canceling an order. Dotty had been talking about how much fun it is to dress up for Halloween and that started me thinking that I’d never really dressed up before, not even as a child. Even when I took the boys shopping for their outfits, I didn’t think about us dressing up, but Dotty made it sound so fun. Unfortunately, all the good costumes were spoken for. Until the phone call came in. After the salesgirl hung up, I asked her what costumes were canceled. She showed them to me and I thought they’d be perfect for us greeting the trick or treaters at the front door.”

Amanda had seen the light in his eyes as he told her about renting the costumes. She knew his childhood had not been pleasant, moving from base to base, never having a stable home life. When she saw the spark, she knew she would go along with whatever he had rented. “Whom are we dressing up as?”

“That my dear wife, is on a need to know basis, and right now you don’t need to know. I want you to be surprised.”

Amanda laughed, “Okay, but only until this evening,” she replied. “Now, let me finish making supper.”

“Thank you,” Lee said as he kissed her on the lips and left the kitchen.

********

Halloween Night

It was a hectic evening, but the boys were finally ready. Phillip did indeed look like Indiana Jones with his bullwhip coiled and fastened to his belt. He had listened and learned when Lee taught him the proper way to use the whip and swore that it was for show only. Jamie was ghoulish in his black cape, white face, blackened hair, vampire teeth and streaks of blood running down the sides of mouth. The extra blood capsules he had in his pocket to freak out the girls at the party. After dropping the boys off, Lee and Amanda returned home to get ready for the onslaught of trick or treaters. Before going inside they stopped to light the pumpkins that were lined up on the front stoop.

Amanda stood in front of the full-length mirror in their bedroom adjusting the veiled headpiece on her hair. The gown was made of black and red velveteen. It gracefully draped her body and had an attached matching cape. She heard the bathroom door open and Lee entered the bedroom.

“Amanda, are these things supposed to be this tight?” Lee asked as he pulled at the pair of forest green tights he was wearing.

Amanda tried to keep from giggling but was losing the battle. “Yes, they’re supposed be tight, that’s why they call them tights.”

“I’m glad they aren’t in style anymore. I could never wear these, they leave nothing to the imagination, everyone will be able to see my umm . . . assets. I can’t believe men actually wore these things at one time.”

Amanda was enjoying the view of her husband in the form fitting tights. “That’s why the men wore long tunics. Didn’t one come with your costume? I sure hope it is long enough, we can’t have you giving out candy to the kids if it isn’t.” She knew that it would be long enough, but she could help teasing him.

“Yes, but maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to dress up,” Lee said still pulling at his tights, trying to loosen them.

“It was an excellent idea. I like seeing you in tights. Now get the tunic out of the closet and put it on. I’m sure it’ll cover up what you don’t want seen.” Amanda watched as Lee did as instructed and put the forest green tunic on over his head. It was long, so long that it fell to the middle of his thighs. “See, I told you it would cover everything.”

Lee sat down on the bed and pulled a pair of black boots on. Then he went to look in the full-length mirror, “I guess you’re right, it just looks funny.”

“No, it doesn’t,” Amanda said as she handed him the belt and archer’s cap to complete the ensemble.

Amanda stood next to him admiring him in the mirror. “I think you look very dashing.” It was at the moment she saw him scanning her body in the mirror with his eyes.

“You look ravishing,” Lee told her as he put his arm around her waist and drew her next to his body.

They were about to kiss when the doorbell rang. Amanda looked over at the nightstand checking the time. “It must be Captain Kurt. We’ll need to answer it, I don’t think Mother is ready yet.”

Lee picked up a quiver of arrows that were on the bed, hooked it onto his belt and extended his hand to Amanda. “Shall we, Maid Marian.”

“My pleasure, Robin Hood,” Amanda said as she put her hand in his.

They knocked on Dotty’s bedroom door, “Mother, are you ready yet?”

“Almost,” they both heard from the closed door. “Tell him I’ll be down in a few minutes.”

Lee opened the front door for Kurt who was dressed very handsomely as Rhett Butler, including a fake black mustache. Amanda had been standing in the hallway when Kurt entered and knew then whom her mother was going to be dressed up as. It was at that moment everyone heard from the staircase, “ Fiddle-Dee Dee, I do declare, is that my date for the evening.”

Dotty walked down the staircase in a black wig and a gown, an exact replica of the one Scarlett O’Hara wore to the barbeque, fluttering a fan in front of her face.

“Mother, you and Captain Kurt are sure to win the prize for best costume.”

“Thank you, darling. You and Lee look very becoming in your costumes also. Too bad you won’t be at the party, but then I’m glad you’re not, cause we would probably lose to both of you. Now you two have fun giving out candy to the kiddies. Don’t wait up for us.” Dotty said as she kissed them each on the cheek and left with Captain Kurt for the masquerade party.

No sooner had the couple departed, then the doorbell started ringing. Kids dressed up as ghosts, goblins, witches, fairy princesses, were holding their bags open to receive their treats. It was the littlest children Amanda noticed Lee enjoyed seeing the most, the ones dressed as Care Bears, Sesame Street characters and clowns. He answered the door each and every time someone rang the doorbell and Amanda stood next to him holding the bowl of candy.

Finally, the last of the trick or treaters had left and they turned off the outside light. No sooner had they sat down on the couch in the den, than the front door opened announcing the arrival of Phillip and Jamie. Tommy’s father, the boy whose party they had gone to, had driven them home. “Mom . . . Lee,” Jamie said as they entered the den. “We had the most awesome time,” Phillip replied as he finished Jamie’s sentence.

“Yea,” Jamie said, “I scared Robin, Tracy, Heather and Donna with the fake blood, and it was so rad!”

Amanda laughed at her son, who stood before her with fake blood still dripping down his chin. “Well I think Dracula needs to go clean up before he goes to bed.”

“Oh…and Bobby Adams fell head first into the apple dunking barrel.” Jamie said as he turned to go upstairs.

Amanda then turned her attention to her oldest son who had sat down on the couch next to Lee. “How about you, did you have a good time at the party?”

“Wow, Mom, it was the best. All the girls loved me, they thought I looked just like Indiana Jones. I’ve got a date next weekend with Misty Collins, she’s the most popular girl in my class. She was dressed up as Cleopatra and said I should have told her and she would’ve dressed up like the girl in the movie.” Phillip said excitedly

“Way to go, Chief,” Lee said as he high fived him.

“Thanks, I’m gonna go upstairs now and call her. I told her I would when I got home. Is that okay, Mom?”

“All right, but only for ten minutes, then it’s time for bed.”

“Okay, Mom. Night Lee, night Mom.”

Amanda put her hand on Lee’s chin and kissed him gently, “Happy Halloween.”

“This has been the best Halloween I’ve ever had. Maybe next year we can have a masquerade party. Only one request though, whatever costumes we decide on, make sure I don’t wear tights.”

Amanda laughed at his statement. “Well Robin Hood, why don’t we go upstairs and I’ll help get you out of them.”

“My pleasure, Maid Marian.”

Before they went upstairs, they went outside to extinguish the candles in the pumpkins. “I still can’t believe it’s that big,” Amanda said as she blew the flame out.

Lee let out a hearty laugh. “Come on, lets go back inside and finish celebrating Halloween. I have an idea on who we can dress up as next year.”

“Who?” Amanda inquired as she shut and locked the door behind her.

“Gomez and Morticia Addams.”

“The Addams family, why them?”

“Because, I’ll be able to ravish you all the time. Every time Morticia says something in French, Gomez goes mad with desire, kissing her on her hand and working his way up her arm to her neck.”

Amanda decided to play along with Lee and say something in French, “Oui, mon amour,” which was almost all of the language she knew.

“Amanda, that’s French,” Lee replied, showing her how he would react as Gomez, by grabbing her hand and kissing along her arm. When he placed a kiss on her neck he whispered, “Plus I won’t have to wear tights.”

“We’ll see, we have a whole year to plan. Let’s go to bed.”

The next morning, when Lee and Amanda came downstairs, proudly displayed on the kitchen island was a trophy. Dotty and Kurt had won first place in the costume contest.

The End