- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This takes place after their marriage, but while it is still secret.

Disclaimer : These are not my characters. I make no money playing in their universe. I only do this out of entertainment and enjoyment. I tip my hat to their creators and the actors that brought them to life.
In the Dead of the Night

By M.C.Hart

ChelDustyH@yahoo.com

This story is dedicated to Jean, who requested it to be written so that she would have something to enjoy while recuperating from her surgery. I apologize for it being late, but I have hopes that she will enjoy it nevertheless. I trust this will help the healing process be more bearable.

"I just don't believe it," Lee ranted loudly, kicking at a clod of dirt that happened to be within reach. He stalked several feet out away from the lone vehicle, sitting in the middle of nowhere, before spinning on his heels and heading back, only to repeat the process again.

Amanda sighed from her resting place against the back fender, in what small amount of shade the truck offered and regarded her husband and partner with insufferable patience. "I really wish you'd stop doing that," she muttered more to herself than Lee who wasn't listening anyway. "Its bad enough we're stuck out here without having to listen to you go on and on about it."

"What was that?" Lee questioned harshly, squinting his eyes to glare across the desert sands toward her.

"I said we wouldn't be stuck if the radio worked and we could go on," she repeated louder, not willing to give him more fuel to feed his already uncontrollable fire of rage.

"Yeah well it doesn't," he shot back waving his arms. "And we're stuck in this God forsaken wasteland until Billy realizes we missed our rendezvous point and sends out a team."

"We're not due to check in until this evening after we made contact," she added shaking her head. "That means he won't know anything's amiss until…"

"Until sometime late tonight and the odds of us seeing anyone remotely human until morning are slim to none," he finished in frustration.

"There's nothing you can do about the engine?" she asked softly, knowing he'd spent the last two hours with his head buried beneath the hood.

"No," he groaned, flopping down beside her on the sand covered ground as he rubbed his hand through his wet hair. "The radiator hose is split up the side. I couldn't patch it if I wanted to. What we need is a new hose." He held his hands out, motioning around them. "And just our luck, no parts store within sight. I can't believe Simmon's sent us out in this piece of crap," he growled.

"Lee he probably didn't know," she offered, trying to sooth his anger.

"Well it doesn't take a moron to look at that hose and see that it's dry rotted. Jesus, we're in the desert for God sakes! You don't send someone out in this territory without a grade A top of the line vehicle. I'm going to kick his ass when we get back. I swear I will."

"Is there anything you could use to replace the hose?" she questioned. "Any type of tubing that might work?"

He shook his head again. "Nope, I've been through everything in our sacks. Nothing will work. It's the main hose running from the radiator, about two inches wide. We don't have anything." He sighed, leaning his head back and closed his eyes. "Besides, even with the water we have left I doubt we'd be able to fill the radiator back up. She's bone dry and probably cracked."

"So we're stuck," she muttered again.

"Pretty much. It would be insane for us to leave the truck and try to walk out. We'd get lost and never make it to civilization before we succumb to the heat or lack of water. Billy knows what route we took. He'll be sending a team after us the moment we miss our check in. We just wait here and we'll be picked up tomorrow morning."

"This wasn't exactly the way I envisioned us spending the night together in the desert," she said reaching out a hand to caress his hair.

"Hmmm… me either. I was thinking more along the lines of a luxury hotel with a big bed, room service and air conditioning.

"Air conditioning, that sounds wonderful."

"A steady shower of rain would sound wonderful right now," he admitted leaning his head back against her thigh. "But we have neither so we're just going to have to make do."

"How long before you think it'll be dark?" she asked looking around. "It's nearly four now."

"A few hours give or take. We'll have to see about rearranging the back of the truck so we can at least relax comfortably. I don't think you really want to curl up on the sand with the scorpions and snakes and spiders."

Amanda shivered inwardly at the thought. "No, I don't want to do that," she agreed. Turning her body she regarded the camper shelled bed skeptically. "Is there going to be room?"

"I'll make room. The only problem we're going to have is comfort. I don't think those slats are going to feel all that good on our backs," he admitted rising to his feet with a grunt as he pulled out of her embrace. "It probably wouldn't hurt to open the area up either. I bet it's at least a hundred and twenty degrees inside."

"We have two containers of water left," she said as she rose as well and followed him to the back of the truck. "And I think there's a couple of sandwiches leftover from what I packed for our lunch."

"Then we have supper and supplies," he said smiling as he wiped his face of the drizzling sweat that seemed to coat his entire body. Jerking at the latch, he gave a grunt and lifted the horizontal door of the camper, fastening it down. The wavering heat from inside the enclosed space immediately surrounded them. "I know there are no blankets in here," Lee muttered pulling out the nearest pack. "But we might be able to find a tarp or something that will help warm us when the temperature drops during the night."

"I love the desert," Amanda said dryly. "You melt during the day and turn into a ice cube at night. We really should look into having a house built out here."

Lee gave her a winning smile as he passed the knapsack her direction. "Ah sarcasm, that's what I love about you," he teased. "Here help me go through this stuff and let's see what we can find."

* * *

By the time darkness had surrounded them, they had managed to dig out a small tarp, a flashlight and after dropping several of their bundles and the spare tire out the back they had managed to organize the area to where they could stretch out.

"All done?" Lee asked as Amanda stepped back to the truck after relieving herself. "You didn't run into any of the indigenous life did you?" he inquired as her beam of light cut through the darkness around them.

"Just a lizard and I think he was as startled as I was over the whole encounter," she said shaking her head.

"Come on then, up you go." Reaching out he wrapped his arms around her waist and assisted her up the three-foot drop and into the back of the truck. As she sat down on the tailgate, he smiled and helped her remove her shoes, shaking the sand off the soles before laying them inside. "Can't have us rolling around in sand all night."

"No, I think this is going to be uncomfortable enough," she returned eyeing the small compartment as he sat down beside her and quickly removed his shoes as well. "It's after ten. We've been out of contact for nearly an hour. Do you think Mr. Melrose has begun to scramble a team yet?"

"If not he's starting to get pretty concerned," he said, then grunted as he drew his long form back into the truck. "Here, hand me that flashlight and I'll stand it over here on the wheel well." As she relinquished the light he balanced it carefully on the well then turned and rearranged several of the knapsacks behind them and leaned back with a sigh. "Come here," he said holding out his arms. When she melted into his embrace with a smile, he relaxed back wrapping his arms around her small form. "It's not the Ritz, but it's the best I can offer at the moment," he whispered kissing her hair.

"I can't complain," she breathed, kissing him tenderly on the chest between the open buttons of his shirt. "At least I'm with you. This would be very embarrassing if it were anyone else."

He grinned at her words, snuggling her tighter against him. "I'd be very put out to find that my wife was snuggling this close with anyone else."

"There's no one else I want to snuggle this close to," she responded lovingly.

"Hmmm… thank you my dear. That makes me feel so much better."

Smiling she raised up and gave him a wicked look. "Like you were concerned," she teased.

"Well you never can tell. I bet Anthony Marrow would love to get you out here, in the middle of nowhere and have you all to himself," he returned smiling. "I've seen the way that man looks at you. It makes me want to break him in half."

"Anthony?" she repeated in surprise.

He nodded. "And don't sit there and tell me you haven't noticed, Mrs. Stetson. His eyes have been all over you the past two days. He's been undressing you in his mind."

"Oh he has not," she retorted laughing as she slapped him lightly on the arm. "Anthony is a sweet man."

Lee grunted at this response and shook his head. "He's a leech and he has been giving you the eye."

"I love when you're jealous," she teased leaning in and kissing him softly. "It's so cute."

"Cute huh?" he whispered, giving her a smile as he kissed her back.

"Uh-huh…" she agreed allowing her fingers to trail down his shirt, unfastening the buttons as she went. Lee smiled at her, feeling her fingers tickling his abdomen as she completed her task. "Would I do this to Anthony?" she whispered, dropping her head to lick her tongue lightly over one of his exposed nipples.

"You'd better not," he groaned closing his eyes.

"Or how about this?" she asked, trailing her tongue down to his abdomen as she shifted, causing his stomach muscles to quiver with anticipation.

"Hmmm… Amanda… we can't do what this is leading to," he protested then sighed loudly as her hand dropped down and cupped his crotch, squeezing in just the right places, with the most scrumptious pressure he'd ever felt.

"I doubt we're going to be interrupted this time," she said as she rose up looking into his eyes. Her hand continued to stroke him through the material of his jeans, bringing his body alive despite his words.

"That feels good…" he admitted, his hand unconsciously trailing over her arm and up to her shoulder, pulling back the top of her blouse. "But the truck bed is rough and it's going to kill our backs."

"So we don't lay down," she purred beginning to layer his jaw with tiny kisses.

"We don't?" he whispered closing his eyes.

"No we don't. Let's get you undressed, shall we?" With that she proceeded to pull his shirt out of his pants with one hand as the other pushed it off his shoulders. Lee immediately rose forward, engulfing her neck with his lips as his own hands began disrobing her as well.

It took some doing, their pants being the most difficult in the small space, but before long, both were naked and neither cared any longer of the obstacles the bed of the truck offered.

Balling their jeans up, Lee quickly placed them beside his thighs and pulled her close. "Come here, you," he growled, helping her situate herself astride him. He sighed contently as he felt her weight on his legs, his hands caressing and rubbing along her lower back, squeezing her hips with anticipation. "This was a good idea," he whispered as he leaned forward and captured her lips roughly.

Amanda groaned against his lips as their tongues fought for control, her hands digging into his scalp. She gasped loudly when she felt his hand slide around and bury itself between her legs, exploring the heat of her passion with vigor. "Oh Lee…" she managed weakly before he engulfed her lips once again.

Bucking against his searching fingers, Amanda arched her back, riding his probing with eagerness. When his thumb shifted and came into contact with her clitoris she cried out in pleasure, biting down on his bottom before she could stop herself.

"Ow… Amanda!" he protested, pulling back and staring into her dark eyes. "Damn woman, I need that lip," he complained smiling.

"I blame you," she panted, caressing his lip tenderly with a finger. "If you don't want a response then stop touching me like that."

"Hmmm… I like touching you like this," he purred in his sex deep voice, his fingers never stilling their exploration of her wetness. "You just took me off guard is all. Feel free to chew on me all you want," he whispered, leaning forward to bury his face in her neck. "I plan on returning the favor."

She moaned loudly, feeling his teeth sinking into her skin, not enough to mark her, but enough to send a shivering jolt of electricity through her form. "Ah God…" she whimpered wrapping her arms around his head and holding him in place.

Removing his hand with a swift motion, Lee lifted her hips and drew her closer, lining himself up before bucking his hips, teasing her with his tip. "Hmmm… so soft," he groaned, licking and kissing her shoulder blade.

"Yes… do it…" she panted squirming against him to complete their joining.

He pulled back then, watching the expression on her face. "What do you want?" he whispered, rotating his hips slowly. "Tell me what you want…"

"I want you Lee… God I need you…" she responded, grabbing his face and kissing him with strength.

Lee groaned against her mouth, then pulled his head back with force. "How do you want me?" he growled holding her hips stationary to prevent her from achieving her goal.

"Deep and hard… stop teasing me…" she complained trying to grind against him. "I want you inside me…"

He smiled wickedly, the soft light playing across his features as he watched his wife coming unglued above him. "Inside you?" he repeated. "Deep inside you?" He lifted his hips, sliding just the tip of his head between her wet lips before drawing back out.

"Yes… please…"

"Can you feel me Amanda? Can you feel how much I want you?" he asked as he kissed her throat. "Your body drives me wild…"

"Then take it… make me yours again and again…"

"Yes…"

Without hesitating a moment longer he drove upward as he dropped her down on him and both cried out in ecstasy as their bodies slid together as one. Amanda's nails turned to claws as she drug them through his hair, holding his face tightly against her throat as she began dancing upon him with uncontrolled pleasure.

Lee held her close, his arms wrapping her back, caressing and urging her onward with his voice as he embedded himself inside her time and again. Their voices rose as their actions began a slight rocking motion throughout the truck.

Grunting roughly, Lee pulled back, staring into her eyes as he watched her lose control. "Come on baby… give it to me…" he whispered, kissing her chin. "I'm close…"

"Yes…" she managed through panted gasps of air.

Feeling her squeezing him tightly on each upward plunge, he grimaced in pleasure, fighting to keep his body from responding too soon. "Amanda… please…" he warned shaking his head.

"Feels good…"

"Too good… its now or never…" he complained dropping his hands to her hips. "Oh God…"

She grabbed his face, staring into his eyes inches from hers. "Now!" she commanded with strength.

"Yes!" He bulked upward, holding himself deep as he felt his balls releasing themselves upon her command. Screaming out her name he felt her stiffen atop him and grind hard on his lap. His vision exploded in white-hot ecstasy as her warmth engulfed him drawing him deeper into her essence.

Breathless they clutched each other in desperation, not wanting the moment to end, riding their love to its climax. Feeling as if his body had suddenly become jelly, Lee shuddered weakly in her arms, her fingers digging into his checks and temples as she fought with the last lingering effects of their union.

Releasing the death grip he had along her hips, he relaxed back on the knapsacks, his breath unsteady as he felt Amanda slide forward and ease into his arms. "Wow…" he managed closing his eyes. "That was… incredible…"

"Hmmm… uh-huh…" was the only response she gave as she allowed his strength to hold her in position.

Smiling contently he wrapped his arms around her panting body and just lay there, relishing in the act they had preformed and the pleasure still coursing through his system. She squeezed him softly inside, causing him to laugh into her hair. "Oh God… that was intense…"

"Must be the… the desert air," she whispered back, kissing his neck.

"Hmmm… more like the incredible woman in my arms," he returned softly.

* * *

Though the night was cold, neither noticed the temperature change snuggled tightly together. Lee had risen at some point during the night and turned off the flashlight after pulling the tarp over them, but other than that they lay contently together and slept peacefully.

He was awakened from his light slumber when his mind registered a low humming roar off in the distance. Opening his eyes he rose up, trying not to disturb Amanda who was sleeping on him. Blinking, it took a moment for his sleep-fogged mind to register what he was seeing. Coming across the open expanse were a set of headlights and the roar he had heard, the engine to the vehicle.

"The Calvary is here," he whispered smiling. When he felt Amanda shift atop him and the softness of her breast caressed his chest, only then did their current attire and situation register in his mind. "Oh shit!"

"Amanda, wake up sweetheart! We've got company coming," he pressed shaking her shoulder quickly. "We've got to get presentable here or we're going to be the talk of the town."

"Huh?" she asked still half asleep as she tried to snuggle deeper into his neck.

"Billy's rescue team is about two minutes away and coming fast. Get dressed!"

That seemed to do the trick. She bolted upward and nearly fell sideways as he grabbed for her. "Oh My Gosh!" she gasped as her hands began searching for their hastily discarded clothes.

Lee produced the flashlight and lowered it to the bed of the truck, turning it on. "Find your clothes and stay down!" he commanded, grabbing his balled up jeans and shirt. "I'll try to distract them to give you time."

Shaking his pants out, he thrust his legs inside and pulled them up to his hips as he slid toward the tailgate, his eyes watching the quickly approaching headlights. Pulling his shirt over his shoulders he toed into his shoes and dropped to the ground, keeping the truck between him and the oncoming lights as he quickly fastened his pants and began buttoning his shirt.

As the truck came into view when the sun began peaking over the distant mountaintops, Amanda saw him move away toward the oncoming vehicle, running a quick hand through his hair. "Yeah, you might be a pro at this fast dressing, but I'm not," she complained as she lay down and fastened her pants. "This is ridiculous that we have to hide like this." Pulling her blouse over her bra and quickly buttoning it, she sighed realizing she had managed to pull herself together.

Looking around just to insure they had left nothing behind that would show their night of passion, her eyes widened as she caught sight of familiar blue fabric lying balled beneath the tarp. "Oh good lord…" she groaned, reaching over and grabbing her husband's discarded boxers. "How could you forget these?" she complained, bundling them quickly in her hands. She grabbed for her small pack and shoved them into the bottom as she saw Lee and three other men slowly heading back in her direction. "There goes your perfect snag and run record," she muttered smiling. She couldn't wait to share with her husband his little oversight.

* * *

The End