- Text Size +
Amanda Stetson leaned against the door post and listened to the carolers
that had made their way back to the hollow where their new home stood. After
much searching for just the perfect home for their new family, Lee had found
this gem, a pre-revolutionary war house, that needed a little fixing up but
was just right for the four of them and the one that would be joining them
early in the summer. They had just gotten the test results back today, she was
more than just a little pregnant.

The carolers were a small group but the harmonic strains of their voices
were as pure and lovely as the snow that lay unspoiled in the yard. She would
never tire of the fresh new snow , she knew nor the sound of voices raised in
song. It was all part of what made Christmas seem so much like well
Christmas.

"They aren't half bad." Lee came up behind her, resting his hands on her
shoulders.

"Pretty good, yeah." she nodded, leaning her head back to look in him the
eye for a brief moment. "And the message of the songs never grows old."

The lovers stood there together in the winter evening, listening quietly
until the last note died away.

"Thank you." Amanda called out to the crowd and they waved back, a few
smiling in her direction. Then scampering on down the road, they headed for the
next home.

"Come on in now." he told her gently. "It's cold out here and you've been
sick."

"It's not that cold. "she argued, the fact that he was concerned never
failing to thrill her. "And I could hear them singing better that way."

"It is cold BUT I am the head agent and as the head agent I am always right
and you therefore must obey me!" he took he took on his best commanding
tone. "Let me warm you by the fire."

"I hope that's a promise. " she turned and gave him a saucy grin.

"We will just have to see won't we?" he grinned back.

Although it was Christmas Eve they had the house to themselves. Philip was
at the neighbor's Christmas Party, because the pretty girl next door had
invited him and Jaime was with Dotty helping her with last minute things. Now
that she had her house back, it was a great place to store surprises.

Both Amanda and Lee had been invited to a party at Francine's but but had
had declined really wanting Amanda to be completely well for Christmas Day.
It had been a particularly nasty cold that had rocked her body for the last
three days and she was glad to see signs of it subsiding. Especially now that
she knew she was pregnant and her wonderful cold pills were off limits.

Slipping her arm around Lee's waist they walked into the house proper, he
shutting the door with the back of his foot, Amanda starting to walk to the
front room, he to the stairs and it sort of looked like one of those crazy
skits where the couple was handcuffed together and had forgotten.

"You need to be in bed." he said firmly, once more heading in that
direction.

'I was promised being warmed by the fire." she said just as firmly. "And
besides I want to see the tree. Please!"

"All right." he agreed, rolling his eyes. "As if I could deny you anything.
But then later you must promise me you will go to bed."

'I promise." she said almost too congenially.

"Hmm." he said deep in his throat.

The fire was blazing merrily when they entered the room, the tree in the
corner giving off the distinct odor of fresh pine. The tree had been carefully
decorated the night before with Amanda laying on the couch, giving
directions on which side needed more lights and ornaments and where the icicles
were clumpy. After Lee and the boys had finished, Dotty had brought in hot
chocolate and fresh cookies and the family had sat around the fire and talked
of past Christmases. This was their first Christmas together as a family and they
all hoped for many more.

Settling down on the couch, Amanda nestled her head against his shoulder,
closing her eyes, sighing in her contentment. At this moment in time she was
completely happy and she prayed it would be a long moment. "Lee ." she
suddenly said, looking up at him. "We forgot to kiss on the porch."

"I'm not taking you back out there. " he shook his head. "It's getting
colder every minute and you must not get sick again." He knew he worried about
her, but he couldn't help it--he loved her. He found he enjoyed having someone
to worry about and wondered why he hadn't done it before this. But that
reason was easy, he had never meet Amanda before.

"But you promised. she insisted. "You said you were looking forward to the
day when you could kiss on your wife on the first porch and no one would think
anything of it.

"I know." he nodded. It was a very special thought to him that he and Amanda
no longer had to steal kisses but they could be broadcast to the world if
they wanted. "But I really don't think I'm going to let you go back out there."

"Then you'll have to kiss me in here."

"Do I have too?" he whined, his eyes sparkling at the idea.

"Yes, you do. I've been sick and I can have my own way."

"Really? " he said quietly before leaning down to lay his lips on hers. She
always tasted of creme he thought, as her mouth moved under his. Creme and
sugar and all the good things life had to offer. He felt her lips part
underneath his and he accepted her invitation, tongues meeting in a burst of
desire.

Wanting him closer, she slipped her arms around his neck, her hands holding
on to the back of his turtle neck, loving the feel of the rough material under
her finger tips. Their kisses grew, warm and hungry. His mouth left hers to
trail soft kisses down her neck as his hands cupped her breasts through the
wool of her sweater. When he ran his thumbs over her nipples he found them
already tight. "They want to be tighter. " she said softy in his ear and it
made him smile.

Pushing her fisherman's sweater up her ribs, he reached for the clasps of
her bra, catching her breasts as they came free from their cage. Her nipples
WERE tight, the rosy peaks inviting his mouth to take advantage. The feel of
his teeth on the swollen buds, made her very core throb, the junction between
her legs growing wet and wanting.

"Lee" . " she said his name calmly, but he knew what it meant. Releasing her
breasts with his hands but not his mouth, he slipped a hand down past the
waist band of her jeans, past the elastic of her underwear, deep into her folds
which were warm and wet, waiting for him. The thought of her being like this
was more arousing than almost anything he could imagine and he longed to find
completion.

All thoughts of the bedroom driven from their minds, he helped her lay down on the deep leather couch, pulling her pants down even before she was fully settled. Running his hands up her now bare inner thighs, he watched her intake of breath and felt his own arousal growing tighter.

She sat up briefly and pulled the sweater the rest of the way off and then reached for his jacket and sweater. Making short work of his trousers, he spread his body over hers, her legs holding him as he sunk down between her thighs. His mouth moved over hers, down to her neck and across her stomach.

He felt her pushing on his back and with a smile he entered her completely,
their need fulfilled in a shower of passion and love.

They held one another close for several long moments, their bodies glowing
in the aftermath of sex, their bodies coming down off of their highs. "I love
you." he said in her ear and she whispered back that she loved him too.

"See what you started?" he teased her, as they reluctantly got up, and began
to replace the clothing they had hurriedly shed, "you said you had to have a
kiss."

"And I promised you I would go to bed, after you kissed me." her face had a
devilish look.

"I don't know if what I trust you." he grinned.

"I guess it's a chance you will have to take."

Once more they heard people outside and they sound of carolers were filling
the air. "Only you can't go outside this time." he said, helping her up.

They headed for the upstairs, pausing at the front window for a moment at
the window they watched the group of young people, standing in the snow, their
faces red from cold, but happy looks all around.

"Merry Christmas. " she said to no one in particular.

"Merry Christmas to all."