- Text Size +
Mother Knows Best

Amanda King let out a long breath, after four days of running up and down the luxury resort they finally got their man and the case was solved. They arranged with the local police to keep it until a special plane from The Agency will come for him. Unfortunately or better fortunately, Dr Smyth could send the plane only next week, and that allowed her and Lee a few more days to relax on the BEACH.

Standing on the little balcony facing the beach, Amanda closed her
eyes and let herself dream listening the sound of the waves
caressing the shore.

Amanda's thoughts went back to the words of her mother. A deep sigh
left her chest aching, she was in love with Lee and she doesn't know
what to do.

To take her mother's advice was a big step for her, Dotty can be
right but she don't know the string of beautiful women who adorned
Lee's arm in time, but on the other hand lately she didn't knew
about any new conquest. More; he declined Leslie's invitation to
that Embassy party to invite her, Amanda, to dinner and above that "No
Shop-talk!"

"Ohhhhhh, that is nothing I want more then to get lost in his eyes,
to feel his strong arms around me keeping me safe without being in
danger!"

"Should I listen to mother? Should I risk letting him know how I feel
when he looks at me, when he think I don't see (mom was right here,
his looks made me shiver)?"

Frustrated Amanda decided to take a walk and maybe a swim in the
ocean. She change into her new bikini, took a towel and the
knock at door startled her. Her lungs seemed to forget how to breathe,
on her doorstep, leaning on the wall, stood Lee Stetson. White
Bermuda shorts and an open sea-green SHIRT made him look even more
breathtaking then he usually was.

His eyes half hidden by long eyelashes roam her body and little
electrical charges explode on every spot of skin "touched" by his
gaze. A towel clutched in his hand told her once again that their
minds were connected.

"Were you on the way to the BEACH, Amanda? We can go together, we
can and we should relax after the last days. We deserve a dip in
the waves after days of only see and hear the water."

"That was I thinking too, so let's go Lee!"

Waiting for the elevator to arrive Amanda spied a fruit basket on
the little table near a window. It was clear that this resort has
only the happiness of the people as first law: there were fruit
bowls and baskets all over the place. Without thinking or better not
wanting to think, she took an ORANGE and offered it to Lee.

His eyebrows almost touch and then wiggle a little:
"Wow, Mrs. King are you trying to seduce me? But I think it was an
apple in the original story!"

Decided to take a plunge, decided to know up close and personal all
the things that made the women faint at his feet Amanda start a
shameless FLIRT. For the first time in her life, she wanted something
and she wasn't afraid to try and take it. If it will be a success she
will be happy, if not she can blame the sun, the beach the warm
night, everything around.

Taking a step closer to him, almost touching his body, Amanda raised
her lips to his ear and asked in a sweet whisper, "Does it matter what fruit is it?"

Taken aback by her little blow in his ear Lee let a shiver be noticed and his arm snake around her waist keeping her glued to him.

The distance from the elevator, out of the lobby and the beach was
like a second for Amanda, the feel of his arm around her, his body
touching hers, the smell of his cologne made her head spin and her
heart to skip a beat once in a while. She couldn't believe that it
was actually Lee the man who was keeping her so close, close enough
to feel his heart beat in her blood.

On a mutual thought they laid the towels on the first lounger
and hand in hand began a stroll on the sandy beach or maybe on the
way to the future. There was no need for words, both could feel
that "That's right" kind of feeling.
The waves, the breeze, the almost sunset time, the couples strolling
near the water, watching to sky or simply each other add to the
atmosphere that impatience, that waiting for something extraordinary
to happen.

The solitary distant frame of a curved PALM TREE call them silently
to use his seat shape trunk to rest.
Lee never release Amanda from his arms, and took a seat on the Palm
trunk. Amanda's body was between his legs; she took advantage of
the position and wound her arms around his neck. The light from the
sun flecked his hazel eyes with gold ,the warmth of his body and all
the love she was feeling were enough: Amanda slowly closed the gap
between their lips and suddenly an entire fireworks show explode not
on the sky but in their hearts and both gave in the delightful
sensations created by the kiss.

Before loosing herself in his kiss, Amanda's thoughts made her smile
against his lips: Once again, her mother was right: nothing to loose
and a life to win!