- Text Size +
Lee Stetson exited the Daytona International Speedway and maneuvered
his car into the bumper to bumper traffic.

The road lined with PALM TREES would lead him to his wife in their
hotel room on the BEACH.

He just finished explaining as much to her on the car phone.

". . . Who knows what they were thinking, setting up the meet there
and then? I'm standing there in my civvies, surrounded by the pit crew
guys who had to wear the brightest ORANGE shirt in the entire state of
Florida."

"That's when the TV crew showed up?"

"Yeah. I thought that I was done for. Then one of the race mamas
approached me and, well, uh-"

"She started to FLIRT with you."

"Amanda, please! She started to FLIRT with me and it was just a
diversion to get me away from the public eye. She took me to my
contact and that was that. Case closed."

"Call Billy while you're stuck in that traffic, Lee. I've got plans
for us that don't include a debriefing."

"Anything you say, Amanda."

the end