- Text Size +
Flipping Channels-A VSS

*Disclaimer-I do not own these characters and will put them back when I'm done - I promise. This is a little filler for my story Lost and Found.*

Tuesday, January 30th, 2001

Norton Community Hospital

9:30 AM

"- this SENSUOUS jasmine-scented MASSAGE OIL will really bring some of the romance back into your life - "

*click*

"- like having my own hair back again. I can wash it; run my FINGERS through it - "

*click*

"- this special formula was invented in my own kitchen in Sydney, AUSTRALIA, and for only $19.95 plus shipping you can- "

With a sigh that caused her ribs to ache, Jenna pressed the remote button once more.

*click*

"- well with a bathing suit like this what you really need is a BRAZILIAN WAX, Katie - "

*CLICK*

Jenna pressed the off button on the remote and let the TV screen slowly fade to black - the noise had been making her head ache and there was nothing on worth watching anyway - this hospital didn't even have cable.

`I really want to go home.' Jenna thought. `Be in my own room, in my own bed- ' It had only been a few days since the kidnapping but somehow it felt like she'd been away forever. Tears filled Jenna's eyes and ran down her bruised cheek. She brushed them away almost angrily, ashamed of herself for being like this.

"Three days and three nights, Jenna," Dr. Dearborn had told her. "That way we can observe you and make sure that we don't send you home with a serious head injury. All right ?" Jenna had tried to argue some more but it was no good, her parents had agreed with Dr. Dearborn.

Now she was stuck in this place with nothing to do but wait. And on her birthday, too. Where were her parents anyway? Jenna wondered.
They'd been gone for at least an hour or so.

Fresh tears started rolling down her face, this time Jenna didn't even bother to brush them away. She knew she was probably being childish, but at this point she didn't really care.

Her mom opened the door slightly and poked her head through. "Just one minute, sweetheart."

"Why?" Jenna asked. "What's going on? Why one more minute?" Noreply. The door closed. Jenna could hear noises and faint voices behind the door, too faint for her to hear them properly. The door opened again and someone else poked their head through.

"Ready, munchkin?" Dad asked. Unable to think of anything else to say Jenna simply nodded. Dad smiled.

The door opened, wider this time. Her parents came in; Mom was carrying a plate of cupcakes. As she put the plate down on the table beside Jenna's bed she started singing. Dad was silent for a moment but soon joined in, and in spite of everything Jenna found herself smiling at the familiar song.

`Happy Birthday to you,'

`Happy Birthday to you,'

`Happy Birthday, Dear Jenna…'