- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Standard disclaimers apply.

A tag extension for Sudden Death

Sudden Death was written by Del Reisman and Tom Sawyer, the excerpts from the episode belong to them.
SMK SMK SMK SMK

"You know, Amanda, sometimes you puzzle me," Dotty said getting a bowl of ice out of the freezer. "I mean this only in the most loving way." Amanda stood there nodding. "But last night, you didn't get home until morning. Then, dear—you do get these rather odd phone calls, after which you go rushing out of the house. I mean—I'm sure it is perfectly innocent."

"It is, Mother," Amanda sighed.

"Bless you." Dotty sat down on a stool at the kitchen counter. Using her FINGERS she tied a handkerchief around her eyes. "It's just that I get jittery because I—I'm thinking about my uncle Iggy."

Lee cautiously poked his head above the windowsill looking over at Dotty—noticing she was blindfolded and can't observe them; he slowly stood up with a flute in his hand.

"Uncle Iggy?" Amanda asked, turning her head to look over at Lee.

"He was a brush salesman in Topeka. One day they found out he had joined a cult—he was becoming a wizard."

Amanda smiled. She turned all the way to face Lee. He couldn't help but smile back at her.

"Amanda, you're not Uncle Iggy. Imagine, you, leading a double life." Dotty laughed out loud. Lee tilted his glass towards Amanda's and silently they clinked their glasses. They each took a sip of champagne. "Imagine, you! I mean, that is a silly thought—Amanda?"

"Yes, Mother," Amanda replied.

Lee winked at her. He couldn't help but smile again at the irony of her mother's statement.

"What's uncle Iggy up to now?" Amanda asked.

"Oh, last I heard he opened a new shop in AUSTRILIA."

"A wizard shop?"

Lee raised his eyebrow.

"No, can you image he opened a salon—in the Outback of all places. I mean how many Bushmen do you know that are going to go in for SENSOUS MASSAGE OIL rubs or BRAZILIAN WAX jobs? Whatever was he thinking?"

Amanda shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know mother."

"Well." Dotty stood up. "I think I'm going to go back to my room and try to get some sleep. You be sure to turn out the lights and check the doors before you come upstairs," Dotty said, stumbling towards the stairs. Then added, "Good night, dear."

"Goodnight, Mother."

Amanda shared another smile with Lee, taking another sip of champagne.