- Text Size +
If anyone would have asked Lee why he went to such extend, just to
spend an evening with his partner, he would have shrugged. He didn't
have an answer.

While waiting in the car for all the lights in Amanda's house to be
turned off, he eyed with a critic eye the GOOEY brown concoction,
adorned with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. He knew Amanda
loved chocolate mouse, he knows hers was better, but this was the best
he could find. Of course he knew she would be FAIR and will thank him
for the hard work of finding it.

At last all the lights were off, and Lee left the car, put all the
stuff he brought on the gazebo table, made a fast entrance by the
back door, took the steps by two at once and quiet like a cat open the
door to Amanda's bedroom.

She wasn't sleeping yet and about to scream before the recognition:

"Lee, what are you doing here at this hour. If you need help I'm
sorry, I feel tired and sore after all the tracking in the woods we did
today."

"Amanda I know, all I want is for you to come with me in the gazebo."

"Lee, it is late, I'm wearing my NIGHTGOWN, I'm in bed under the
covers and ready to sleep!"

"Please Amanda, just a couple of minutes and I promise to bring you
back to bed."
She couldn't resist his dimpled smile and gave in:

"Ok, wait me outside."

Stepping in the backyard, Amanda barely saw Lee's frame in the shadows:

"It is SPOOKY here Lee, I can't see my hands and......"

Her words died on her lips ; on the gazebo table was a huge bowl of
chocolate mouse, one of fresh strawberries, a bottle of champagne and
two flutes.
"Lee, what's that? I don't understand!"

"That Amanda, is my way to show you how much I appreciate your help in
our last case"

Her smile and the gentle kiss she placed on his cheek made Lee
understand he had played his CARDS very well.

They spend almost all the night outside, talking about all kind of
stuff: her boys, her mother, his trips and old assignments both of them
being content just to be together