- Text Size +
Her NIGHTGOWN billowed around her legs as she walked through the
SPOOKY grounds of the FAIR. Owls hooted in the trees. Something
drew her here. She woken out of sound sleep knowing someone was in
jeopardy. It was like someone calling to her. A sound came from one
of the darkened tents. Silently, she padded towards it. Her hand
shook as she began to raise the flap. Moonlight streamed inside the
tent illuminating a large chained box in the corner. The pounding
sound came from inside the box. The chains rattled.

"Mother."

Dotty's heart leapt into her throat and her hands squished into the
GOOEY chocolate chip cookie dough.

"You scared me."

"I'm sorry. I wanted to know if you were playing CARDS tonight."

"Yes. I'm making the cookies now."

"What are you watching?"

"It's one of those horror movies. The vampire is waiting for the
damsel to find him locked in his coffin and set him free."

"And sink his teeth into her." Amanda sat down at the kitchen
island. "That doesn't look like a coffin."

"I know. He was locked in there by one of the bad guys who want him
to go into a blood lust and kill everyone. Look she's about to
unchain the coffin."

"She better run?" Amanda began to watch the movie.

"Oh no. When she lifts the lid she'll find her true love inside.
He'll bite her, but only take enough to combat the blood lust."

"You've seen this movie before."

"It's one of my favorites. In the end she decides she wants to spend
eternity with him and he turns her. He's really not an evil man. He
just happens to be a vampire and wants to find the woman of his
dreams."

Amanda laughed as she pinched a bit of cookie dough to eat. "Only
you could find romance in a vampire story."

"Well it was this or a dinosaur movie repeat and I can't abide
watching one of those movies again. Besides the man playing the
vampire is a sexy hunk. An eleven in my book."

End