- Text Size +
Amanda just groaned in frustration; this had to stop and stop now, before she got more mad then she was.

Truth to be told, she wasn't really mad, more annoyed of the stubborness of her dear husband.

She knew he wasn't used to fixing things around the house by himself, but hire someone to wash the second floor windows on their new house was just ridiculous.

Amanda knew she has to do something and fast if she wanted her windows washed before summer, the boys were busy cleaning the garage and the one left to wash them was Lee, but he refused loud and clear.

Hmmmmmmm but to make Lee Stetson to change his decision, was difficult, what she needed was a trick.

So she start aproaching the overstuffed armchair were her husband read his paper.

"Lee, you can be replaced, you know!"

Lee's eyes, flew up from the paper, in a questioning look.
Amanda, not paying more attention to him turned away, sweetly asking her mother.

"Mother, do you remember what a good job Dean did that year when he offered to help me wash the windows of the Arlington house? Do you remember how they sparkled in the sun?"

Dotty, look very uncomfortable, but seeing the playful twinkle in her daughter's eyes, decided to play along.

"Yes, dear I remember, he did a very good job."

"Do we still have, the old phone book? I think I'll give him a call, I know he would be more then happy to help me again."

Lee's tall frame materialized in seconds near the kitchen counter where his wife and mother-in-law were talking.

"Amanda, what do you mean by replaced, and why do you still have the phone number of Dan, Don, that damn weather guy?"

"The name is Dean Lee, and well if my own husband doesn't want to help me, I must get all them help I can, if I want my windows washed, and for sure I won't give any money to a stranger to do them.

Amanda with an angry look in her eyes turned away from her
husband, winked at a smiling Dotty, who pretended to begin searching for the phone book in a drawer.

Lee's voice rose just a little.

"Dotty, please leave that stupid book, I would be happy to wash those windows, heck! I'll wash all of them."

"No, sweetheart, those on second floor will do, come and I'll show what you have to do "