- Text Size +
Little jamie King was in tears, despite it was his birthday.

He didn't feel well, in fact he hadn't felt well since yesterday after lunch, but he didn't told a soul, he wanted his birthday party, and if his mother would knew he was sick she would cancelled it.

The second reason he was miserable, were the shushed whispers between his mom and grandma, about the beloved Pretzel the Clown.

Grandma said something about absence, and from what he knew, absence meant - he will not be here, like his dad who was absent for a long time from house.

Hot tears sprung again in his eyes, right when his brother enter the room with the ball in hand.

Looking at his brother Phillip shake his head and said.
"You can be replaced, you know, maybe I can convince mom, to give another brother less wormbrain."

All the sadness overwelhmed Jamie and he stormed out of the room in search of his mother. Amanda was baking, and the sight of her little son, in tears scared her.

"Jamie, what's wrong baby?"

"Mom, I can be replaced by another boy in his house? Phillip told me he would ask you for another brother."

Amanda hugged the little boy. "No, Jamie you will not be replaced by anyone, you are and will be my boy."

"But Phillip......."

"PHILLIP KING, come down right now!"

Up in the room it was Phillip's turn to be scared.