- Text Size +
"You can be replaced, you know." Amanda matter-of-factly informed the
uncooperative appliance before her. "Of course, I'm not sure how I
can afford to do that right now, though."

"Who were you talking to Amanda?" Lee asked, as he sneaked into her
kitchen nearly startling her out of her skin.

"Oh my gosh, Lee, I wish you would stop doing that! You know how much
I hate it when you sneak up on me." Amanda chastised as soon as her
heart rate had returned to normal.

"Relax Amanda, I just wanted to stop by and see how you were doing
after the eventful day we had. So you didn't answer my question…who
were you talking to just then?" Lee asked again.

"Oh, no one....I was just trying to get my dishwasher working
again." Amanda explained as she stood fiddling with every knob and
wire that she could find on it.

"You mean to tell me that the blue wire didn't work this time? I
thought you said it was ALWAYS the blue wire." Lee teased her as he
recalled their latest adventure.

"Very funny…I think the blue wire worked quite well for you today
when you were diffusing that nuclear bomb." Amanda sarcastically
responded.

"Oh, it did. I'm glad that you and your blue wire were there to save
the day, Amanda. So, is there anything that I can do to help you
with this?" Lee offered as Amanda's efforts to get the dishwasher
working again failed.

"Sure, you dry and I'll wash!" Amanda suggested as she handed Lee a
dishtowel and opened the dishwasher door to start pulling out the
dirty dishes.