- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: These characters belong to Shoot the Moon and Warner Brothers et als. I don't own `em, don't want to, just borrow them for some fun!

Set: Johnson's ranch next to the horse corrals and the training ring.

Timeline: "Always Look A Gift Horse In The Mouth" episode

For this Friday's challenge line, I took my very first challenge response from the Five Mile Challenge, expanded it, and added this week's challenge line. I really hope you guys like it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DAY 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"When I blow this special whistle," Johnson tells his
henchman..."Blanco here is going to run like mad for 5 miles to the
bluffs!!! Our sweet Princess won't know what got into him!"

"FIVE MILES, YOU WANT ME TO RUN FIVE MILES!!!!" whinnied Blanco
loudly. He turned to El Diablo in the adjacent corral and
nickered, "Did you hear that El Diablo? This jackass wants me to run
five miles!"

To which El Diablo shook his head wildly causing the horse flies to
scatter and whinnied this reply to Blanco, "Next thing you know,
Johnson will enter you in the Kentucky Derby and expect you to win
the Triple Crown!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DAY 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Johnson was standing by the training ring on his ranch watching one
of his horse trainers by the name of Parker work with the Princess'
horse, Blanco. He was putting Blanco through the normal paces, the
walk, jog, and lope, when Johnson called out to him, "Let's try those
special maneuvers we've been working on, Parker."

Parker nodded indicating he was ready. Johnson blew the whistle.
The sound of the whistle was supposed to make Blanco take off in a
dead gallop, then stop short at the far fence and rear straight up.
Instead, when Blanco heard the whistle blow, he just whirled around
in circles in the middle of the ring.

"What the hell is that stupid horse doing, Parker?" Johnson yelled.

"I don't know, sir. He did the routine fine day before yesterday.
Let's try it again." Parker responded, irritated that the horse had
embarrassed him in from of the boss like this.

Johnson blew the whistle again, but all Blanco did this time was
plant his feet in place and refuse to move no matter how hard Parker
urged him to move.

Blanco looked over towards the adjacent corral and whinnied to El
Diablo, "I guess I showed them! I won't have to run those five miles
after all!"

El Diablo nodded his head in agreement with Blanco's plan.

"Dammit, Parker! You gonna let this nag get the best of you?" Johnson
yelled in frustration, as he stomped out into the middle of the ring
and looked Blanco squarely in the eyes.

"You can be replaced, you know." He told Blanco in an evil
voice. "I can always buy the Princess another horse, one that's more
beautiful than you anyway, you nag! Have you ever heard of Alpo, old
boy?"

To which, Blanco promptly proceeded to sneeze all over the front Mr.
Johnson's white suit to show him just what he thought about that!
Mr. Johnson, red-faced and really fuming by this time, just turned
and stomped off towards the house knowing it was too late to purchase
another horse. He decided they'd just have to convince Blanco to do
what they wanted him to do some other way. Obviously what they were
doing wasn't working well at all. Maybe the horse can be persuaded
to accept some kind of bribe, he thought, I mean horses do love to
eat after all.