- Text Size +
Amanda sat down in the living room and stared out the window. As she stared she thought, `I am really glad we decided to buy this place after the baby was born. Lee was right, it is so peaceful.'

The boys were out with Lee horseback riding and they wouldn't be back for an hour or two and the baby just went down for a nap.

"And now I can have moment to myself." with a deep sigh and put her feet up. Just as her eyes began to shut she heard a car door shut. `Well I wonder who that can be.'
Amanda tried to beat the person to the door so they would not ring the doorbell, and possibly wake the baby, and she did. When she opened the door she saw the mailman with a big box, it was from Aunt Lillian.

"Oh my, it is probably baby gifts. Thank you so much for bringing it up. Have a good day Sam." Just as she was closing the door on the mailman, they dog woke up and realized someone was there so he proceeded to start barking at the mailman leaving, Amanda hushed him but it was to late. The dog woke the baby.

Amanda set down the box and turned to go and get the baby but stopped at the foot of the stairs. She turned to the dog, "You can be replaced, you know." The scruffy bog down
just looked up at her with sad brown eyes. "And how am I going to replace that." Amanda scoffed.

"Come on let's go get the baby."