- Text Size +
"Um, Amanda?" Lee stared at the papers in his hands

"Yes, Lee." Placing her pencil down on the desk she looked up.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"This script says to enter the restroom until the next scene." Lee
pointed to a section on his papers.

"That sounds pretty cut and dry. That door over there says
restroom. Just go in and wait." After pointing at the door across
the hall she went back to what she was reading.

He looked at the door then back to her. "But, what's a restroom?"

"Hmmm. I'm really not sure. I've never seen that written in a
script before."

"Me neither."

"Well, you're told in your script to enter the restroom. I guess
you'd better go in there and see what it is. Maybe there's some
cots in there or couches to relax on. It's called a restroom. My
guess is that you rest in there."

"You mean like the break room? We've been written in there, and
it's described the scene. There's no description here."

"Lee. You're never going to know until you go in there. Would you
go already? I'm trying to figure out this move with my purse.
These writers sure have me do weird things with purses and lamps and
stuff."

Lee rubbed the back of his head. "You can say that again. Okay,
here goes nothing."

Lee walked to the door and took a deep breath. "Well, I guess the
writers must know what they're talking about."

The door shut behind him. Lucky for Lee, there was nothing scary in
the restroom. Unlucky for us, there were no cameras either.