- Text Size +
Come on Amanda, their gaining on us. We have to move quicker, hollered Lee as
he grabbed her hand.

I'm trying Lee, Amanda replied in frustration. You try running through deep
snow in an evening gown.

The two spies ran as fast as they could up the steep slippery hill, but when
they reached the top they realized they were at the edge of a large cliff.

Lee what are we going to do? Amanda fearfully asked her partner.

We have no choice, we have to jump. Lee replied.

Amanda started to shake. As she looked over the edge, she didn't think they
could pull this off without getting seriously injured or worse. "Are you sure?
It's a long way down" she asked.

Amanda we have to. We can't let these goons get the microdot and we don't have
any way to defend ourselves. Take my hand and on my count we go.
One-two-three-jump!! They closed their eyes and took the long plunge to the
bottom.

Are you ok Amanda? Lee asked as he helped her up and started checking her for
injuries.

I'm fine. Are you hurt? she asked.

I'm alright, he said as he pulled her tightly to him grateful they were alive.
Thank god we landed in this huge snowbank. It cushioned our fall.

They brushed the snow off their clothes and looked at their surroundings. Lee
noticed some lights up ahead. Let's go and find a phone so we can call Billy and
tell him to send someone out here to get us, he told her.

Lead the way. I can't wait to get out of this wet gown and into a hot shower.

I like the sound of that, Lee grinned as he put his arm around her waist.

Oh you! she playfully swatted his chest, and they began to walk towards the
lights that would lead them safely home.