- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, so here is my response to this week's challenge. In my story, Philip is about 6 years old so Jamie would be about 4. This story was inspired by my own little adventure and I included that at the end.
“Are you sure? It’s a long way down.” Jamie questioned his brother, Philip, as
they stood at the top of the stairs. The tricycle they had hauled up the
stairs was standing between them.

“Of course I’m sure worm brain. All you need to do is hang on and you’ll be
at the bottom in no time. Mom’s gone and grandma’s outside and it’s the perfect
time to try this. I’m too big so you have to be the one to do it.” Philip
explained as only a big brother could.

“Alright, but if this doesn’t work, I’m telling mom.” Jamie lamented.

“It’ll work, trust me” Philip calmly replied. And with that Jamie jumped on
the tricycle and went for the ride of his young life. The ride only lasted a
few seconds, and as he bounced down the stairs he could hear Philip yelling,
“And there he goes...”

As he got to the bottom, Jamie realized they hadn’t thought about the stopping
part and screamed, “Now what???”

“I don’t know, jump!” Philip yelled as he raced down the stairs after his
little brother, thinking the whole time about how much trouble he was about to
be in.

Now for my version: When I was about 3 or 4 years old, my parents put my kid
sister in her walker and told me to watch her. I watched her head right for the
basement stairs and took a very bumpy ride down. As she went, I yelled, "And
there she goes..." She stayed in the walker the whole ride down and crashed
into the support post at the bottom of our stairs. To this day, my parents love
to remind me of my kid sister’s little stair ride.