- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: These characters belong to Shoot the Moon and Warner Brothers et als. I don't own 'em, don't want to, just want to borrow them for some fun!

Timeline: Approximately 2 years after the show ended, marriage is not a secret anymore.

Cast List: Lee Stetson; a very pregnant Amanda Stetson, their young daughter Emily Stetson, and two mysterious observers.

Set: A playground in Lee's and Amanda's neighborhood with beautiful, tall oak trees surrounding the children's play area.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You can do it, Emily!!" Lee told his daughter. The little girl,
looking very scared, climbed the last step at the top of the sliding
board. "Daddy will catch you, Em" encouraged Amanda, who was
watching from her seat on the nearby park bench. Lee looked over at
his very beautiful, very pregnant wife and smiled lovingly at
her. "Poor Amanda", Lee thought. The last few weeks of the
pregnancy had been so uncomfortable for her. He knew she would
rather be right there beside him helping encourage Emily to go down
the sliding board for the very first time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unbeknownst to Lee, his family was being observed by two pairs of
watchful eyes. From the observers' vantage point, the Stetsons
seemed to be a very normal, happy family without a care in the
world. The two were taking the whole scene in, observing every move
the Stetson family made.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Daddy??" Emily asked, "Are you sure? It's a long way down." "Yes,
sweetheart, I will catch you," Lee encouraged her. "Wave to Mommy,"
he said. Still looking rather frightened, Emily waved at Amanda.
Amanda snapped her photo with the digital camera wanting to preserve
the moment. "Ok, here I go!" Emily shouted as she finally slid down
the shiny surface for the first time and into Lee's arms. "Good job,
Emily!" Lee said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The beautiful pair of Cardinals in the old oak tree just above the
slide looked at one another, and then at their three tiny hatchlings
snuggled down in the nest. They wondered how long it would be
before they heard those very same words from their youngsters, "Are
you sure? It's a long way down." With three tiny mouths to feed,
they had little time to contemplate it further and took flight in
search of food. Right out of the tree and over Emily's and Lee's
heads they sailed. "Daddy!" Emily exclaimed. "Look at the pretty red
birds!" Lee looked at the birds as they soared away and said, "Yes,
they are beautiful, just like you and your mommy!" He carried Emily
over to the bench where Amanda was waiting and asked if she was ready
to go home. Lee said, "It's lunchtime, and I bet our little munchkin
here is hungry!"

The End.