- Text Size +
She stood trembling. Hanging on to the handrails with all her might. She
took a deep breath and let it out slowly before turning around and looking at
the strong face of the man behind her.

"You can do it, sweetheart. I know you can," he gently encouraged her.

"Are you sure? It's a long way down."

He nodded and winked at her.

Tentatively, she walked to the edge of the platform, craning her neck to see
over the edge. With one last look over her shoulder, she took a deep breath,
pinched her nose shut with two fingers and jumped.

A few seconds later, she surfaced from the water, looked up at the proud
face of her father and waved. "I did it, Daddy. I did it."

He waved back. "You sure did, Panda." He then pinched his nose shut and
imitated his daughters first dive off the high board perfectly.

The End