- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimers: Scarecrow and Mrs. King is copyrighted to Warner Brothers and Shoot the Moon Production Company. This story, however, is copyrighted to the mentioned authors. This story is for entertainment purposes ONLY.

Timeline : Set in the romantic time just after the Stemwinder case.
"Five miles? You want me to run five miles?"

Amanda laughed, Beamen's shocked and nervous outburst to Billy
reminded her of the tone Lee's voice took on when imitating her much
put upon Agency class teacher.

Beamen turned quickly to face his freshman class. The small, snort
like laughter had stopped, making it impossible to say with any
certainty who had found his current predicament funny.
He knew the sound however, it had to be Amanda King. She was picking
up way too many habits from that Scarecrow, she was almost beginning
to sound like him.

Feeling powerless to stand up and argue against the physhical rules,
Beamen did the one thing he knew he could do, share the joy with his
class.

Amanda bent one last time and checked the laces of her running
shoes. She really shouldn't have laughed like that in class, it had
just slipped out. That little slip had resulted in her entire class,
herself included, being *invited* to join the five mile run
requirements that fully qualified agents had to complete to pass
their yearly physhical.

Agency rumour had it that something Lee had done or said a few years
ago was the reason behind the run being implemented but nobody could
confirm or deny it.

*If anybody could be behind it, leave it to him*.
As soon as thought of her foot-in-mouth partner entered her head,
Amanda smiled.

The past few weeks after the Stemwinder case had been wonderful.
Since admitting that their feelings toward each other were much more
than friendly, Lee and Amanda had been slowly exploring their new
found situation. Things were going so well, she was even looking
forward to starting this five mile run, having made plans to meet
with Lee afterwards for a small, intimate dinner at his place.

Slowly, after about the first two miles, Amanda's daydreams ceased
and she became aware of heavy, running footsteps behind her. Turning
to see who she was sharing her run with, she was shocked to see Lee
picking up pace to join her.
She smiled as he settled into a steady run beside her.

"I thought I was meeting you at your place after my run?"
Lee grinned, "Yeah, well, I thought I'd keep you company that's all,
you don't mind do you?"

Amanda smiled back, trying not to laugh at the sudden oh so innocent
tone in her partners voice.

"No, I don't mind, I was just wondering why you wanted to do your
annual five mile twice that's all."

Amanda enjoyed seeing the momentary surprise flash across Scarecrow's
face.
She had heard that he had completed his physhical last week, when she
had taken the day off to spend with Jamie at his school's open house
day.

Lee recovered quickly, *I'm not able to get away with anything lately
am I*, surprised to find he kind of liked the idea of being an open
book to the wonderful woman beside him.
They duo ran silently for a few more moments before memories of
previous years runs made their way into Amanda's thoughts.

"Your not still trying to protect me from, what was it again? She
pursed her lips and pretended to be remembering, "ah yes, unwanted
passes from male agents with lust in their hearts."
Lee grinned as he caught on, dropping a few paces back so he could
mimic the run from years earlier.

He smiled happily as he watched the muscle play from undearneath the
brief running shorts his partner now wore, at least this year he
could enjoy the view without having to concoct stories to cover his
feelings.

"Oh yeah, there's still lust in their hearts, this time though I'm
the one getting to make the passes. Not unwanted I hope?"

"Well, how about we start with dinner and take it from there?"
Lee shook off his shocked expression to go and catch up with his now
speeding, and laughing partner. He'd never dreamed being the one
chasing could turn out to be so much fun.