- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Author's notes: This is my response to some story starters offered by Alley. I read them right before taking a nap and when I woke, viola, this just rolled out. Thanks Ana for the quick beta.

The usual disclaimers apply. SMK are not mine.
She had been looking forward to tonight's party for a week now.
After dropping off her report on the latest assignment, she went and
picked up her gown. A designer original that set her back a month's
pay,but she figured if she was going to the Royal Ball with Lee
Stetson, it was money well spent.

Carefully, she placed her package in the back of her car then drove
the short distance to a brand new hair salon. She heard that the
owner, Monsieur Robert, styled Diana's hair the last time the
royal couple visited the states.

After two hours of sitting in the styling chair, she was finally
finished. The results were amazing. Monsieur Robert was a true
artist. Her blond mane now held subtle highlights and the chic
chignon showed off her neck and shoulders perfectly.

She made her way back to her apartment and began the preparations for
her night on the town by first relaxing in a hot, bubble bath. After
her toilet, she carefully applied her makeup and fixed herself a cup
of tea before continuing to get ready.

About an hour before she expected Lee, she went back to the bedroom
to finish dressing. She donned a pair of pale blue panties and
matching garter belt, rolled silk stockings that she'd purchased
in Japan over her slim legs, and fastened them to the small hooks
that would hold them up. No bra, her gown wouldn't support one. Then
she slipped on a pair of Prada sling back pumps, before putting on
her gown.

The doorbell peeled just as the gown settled at her feet. "It's open,
Lee." The sound of the door closing told her he let himself in.
"I'll be out in just a moment."

"Come on. We're going to be late."

She stepped over to the floor length mirror and gazed at her
reflection, starting with the shoes. Everything had to be just exact
tonight. Great, her shoes matched the ice blue gown perfectly. The
dress style showcased all her assets to their best and her hair had
wonderful blue highlights.

"Oh my god," she shrieked!

"Francine, we've got to go now." She heard him pound on the door.

"I'm not going. You'll have to just find someone else."

"There's no time. You have to go. I'm sure your dress is
wonderful. Let's go."

"It's not the dress. It's my hair."

"What's wrong with it. I'm sure it's fine?"

"It's not fine. It turned blue."

"What do you mean it turned blue?"

End