- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: These characters belong to Shoot the Moon and Warner Brothers et als. I don't own 'em, don't want to, just want to borrow them for some fun!
~~~~WHACK~~~~ ~~~~~CRASHHH~~~~~~

"Oh, man! I can't believe you broke it. Worm brain, you broke Lee's windshield! You're gonna get it now..." Philip told Jamie gleefully, as reality began to sink in for Jamie.

"Why are you acting so happy about it, Philip?? You were playing ball, too. It's just as much your fault as it is mine. Lee is going to kill us when he sees it. He loves this car." Jamie said dejectedly. "I guess we should just go tell him now and get it over with."

"No way, Jamie! YOU can go tell him now. It was your fault—you're the one who hit the ball into Lee's windshield, not me." Philip said confidently.

Just as Philip finished that sentence, the boys heard Lee say from right behind them, "Is there something you boys would like to tell me??"

Philip and Jamie turned around slowly and faced Lee.

"Lee, Jamie here broke your windshield with the baseball." Philip explained.

"Jamie, is that true?" Lee asked.

"Yes, sir. But it was an accident." Jamie said with his head down.

"Must have been a pretty good line drive you hit to get such a clean break, Jamie! Looks as though you've been practicing your batting skills lately!" Lee exclaimed proudly. "Look son, I know it was an accident, so don't worry about it. I'll take care of it. At least you didn't damage the paint job—the glass is an easy fix." If they only knew how many times that windshield had been replaced due to having bullet holes in it, Lee thought with a smile.

End