- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Scarecrow and Mrs. King and its characters are the property of the WB and Shoot the Moon Productions. This story is for entertainment purposes only.
Amanda King watched with trepidation as the man squatted to the floor. She breathed deeply when he rose, clutching something as shimmering as the stark white walls behind him.

She managed to find her voice, "I can't believe that you broke it!"

"It is not broken." Addi Birol smirked. "But I find a certain satisfaction in it's symbolism. Your heart is broken. Scarecrow will try to put the pieces back together but his heart will in turn be broken. He will fail and I will be watching as you destroy yourselves."

Birol put the pendant in his pocket and left the room.

Amanda closed her eyes and envisioned Lee. She had known for some time that they were soulmates and she was a stronger woman and agent for it. She only had to bide some time before he would find her. . .