- Text Size +
The silence of the house in Maplewood Drive was complete, or at least it seems as the first impression, but as you climb the stairs whispers can be heard from the room occupied by the youngest members of the family -Phillip and Jamie.

"Phillip, you shouldn't take the package mother left on the counter!"

"Aww Jamie, did you forgot the neat car we found last year in the package supposedly to be for aunt Lillian?"

"Do you think they would use the same trick, as last year, it will be too easy."

"Yes, I think, Mom will think , that we wouldn't fall for that again, so, she wrapped a package for Aunt Minnie this year, but we are smart, are we?"

"Ok, I think you are right."

"Oh course I am, wormbrain. Now let's see, the package is too small for the car we saw at the store, but....maybe just the right size for a some of the cool Nintendo games we played at the Arcade."

Phillip tried to open as slow as he could the brown paper-another clue in his mind, that the package was a trap, if it was a real package the foil would have been red or green or other girlish color, and with a bow, don't forget the bow.

"What's that?" Came the strangled whisper, from Jamie's mouth.

"It seem, a music box, remember at Laura's birthday, when she annoyed everyone with the "classic piece" played by the music box she get from an aunt, uncle, grandmother or..."

"Yes, yes, well I hope that the song is something more cool then that stuff."

Phillip lifted gently the lid, but no music, could be heard.

"I can't believe you broke it!” the angry voice of Jamie sound loudly in the silent night.

"Shush, be quiet, do you want one of them here, and NOW! You know mom has a light sleep!"

"Ok, ok but you broke it. I heard a thud when you took it from the counter."

"No, I didn't drop it, that was my foot in direct collision with the stool."

"Then why, this piece of....don't sing?"

End