- Text Size +
"I can't believe you broke it."

"Broke what?"

"Your marriage vows."

"What?!?!"

"You just admitted it."

"Not ours. Not any."

"No? What about til death do you part? You got a divorce. You ended your marriage early. You've broken them before. How do I know you won't do it again?" Delenn stormed turning on her right side facing the wall giving her husband good look at her backside.

"That was a long time ago. I'm a lot older and wiser now. Besides the second set was broken for me. Not by me or my wife." Delenn had to admit John was right about his second wife. It took him awhile to open up to her and when he finally did a shell of his wife appeared complicating matters.

John was lying flat on his back looking up at the ceiling frustrated and sighing. He really messed up not telling Delenn about his first wife but it was so long ago and lasted such a short period of time that quite frankly sometimes he almost forgot about it. He supposed he should have told her
before they got married but there were some many other things going on he didn't want to add to it. He really wasn't sure what he could do at the moment to rectify the situation. He thought about all the things he'd been through. The only constant and beautiful thing in his life the last five years was his loving wife lying on the other side of the bed giving him the cold treatment. He knew he messed up and would own up to it and talk things out with her.

"Delenn…" he began still staring at the ceiling. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about me and Elizabeth. It was long time ago. We really did and still do care for one another, but soon realized that we weren't meant to be husband and wife but just good friends. We were so much alike that we got on each other's nerves and couldn't get along with one another. Our marriage only lasted a few months and outside of our immediate families no one was the wiser. We both made a mistake and weren't proud of it, but we accepted it and moved on with our lives. It is part of my past that I rarely if ever think about." He had to try to make her understand that he didn't mean to keep things from her for her to relate to him. He turned his head towards her even if all he saw was her back. "Are you going to tell me there's nothing you've even done that you haven't told me about?" Delenn's back stiffened at that comment. She never had and wasn't sure if she'd ever tell him about her roll in the Earth Minbar war.

"What about the fact that Anna was still alive and you didn't tell me? Is this any worse?" he demanded. John turned his head back and sighed he didn't think he was getting anywhere with him. Then Delenn slowly turned and faced her husband.

"No," she whipsered softly. "It's not," each of them moving closer to one another. John took his wife into his loving arms feeling the warmth and love between them.

"When I was between life and death on Zhadum, Lorien asked me what I wanted. I wanted more than anything to be back on Babylon 5 with you. That's what I wanted but I didn't think that was possible. But he made that possible, even if it was just for a little while," he said hugging her close. "Life's to short Delenn, especially mine. Let's not let 'anything' get between us all right?" She nodded her head in his chest and tried to snuggle even close to him if possible.

John kissed her on the top of the head. "Good night Delenn. I love you."

She lifted her head so she was face to face to him. "I love you too, John," she declared looking him in the eyes and at his smiling shiny face. Their lips met briefly in a soft slow kiss before situating comfortably in each others arms for a good nights sleep.

End