- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Early Season 3

Pure AU
“Amanda! Can you help me here?” came Lee’s desperate cries.

“Oh my gosh!” exclaimed Amanda as she covered her mouth in surprise.

“Amanda, please?” beckoned Lee. “I need your help.”

Turning away for a brief moment so he wouldn’t see her smile, Amanda collected
herself. “I’ll be right there,” she replied.

****

The day had started out simple enough. Basking in the cool of the air
conditioner in the Q-Bureau, Amanda and Lee poured through what seemed like a
hundred files together. Neither seemed to mind the company and any inside work
was a great escape from the blazing heat outside.

“I may have to get out the boys’ old pool or make a run through the sprinkler!
It is supposed to hit 95 degrees today for the third day in a row. I can’t
believe it is only June! What a heat wave!” said Amanda as she filed yet
another case. “Is the air conditioning working in your apartment, Lee?”

Lee just stared at Amanda. He seemed to have lost all rational thought after
Amanda mentioned running through the sprinkler. More often than not, Lee’s days
were spent preoccupied with taking Amanda’s seemingly innocent comments and
turning them into something sexy and alluring. His brain stopped registering
reality earlier this morning while watching Amanda eat her banana.(Thanks,
Rita!) Her words “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, “ echoed in
his ears. Now he had a visual of her in her swimsuit, revealing every curve and
every muscle that he wanted to cover with his hands, his mouth, his body...

“Scarecrow! What is it with you today? You were a million miles away!
Everything okay?” Amanda remarked. “I think the heat has fried your brain,
Lee,” she laughed.

“Uh, yeah, it must be the heat. Did you want something, Amanda?” he replied as
he cleared his throat and raked his fingers through his hair.

‘Something? Oh, yeah! I want something. Or more precisely, I want someone,’
Amanda’s brain muttered.

“I was just wondering if the air conditioning was working in your apartment,
Lee. They’re forecasting another hot one. I’m glad we are inside today. I
would hate to have to deal with this heat. You know...” Amanda’s nervous
ramble was thankfully cut off by Billy coming in to the Q Bureau.

“Hello, Billy.” “Hello, Sir” they said simultaneously.

“Lee, Amanda” Billy greeted his two best agents with a warm smile. “How would
you like to get out of this office for a while? Anderson and Foster are due to
relieve Trawick and Papalarsic at noon but they got delayed. It would just be
for a couple of hours,” Billy remarked.

“Aw, Billy. It is so damn hot outside, you could fry an egg on the sidewalk!”
Lee whined.

“I’m sure what Lee meant to say is, that would be fine, Sir.” Turning to Lee,
Amanda remarked, “Lee, we’ll keep turning the car on for a little air
conditioning relief. We’ll be fine.”

As he turned and headed toward the door, Billy called over his shoulder, “Have
Leatherneck set you up with something from the motor pool. That fancy car of
yours is a little conspicuous for this area.” Billy laughed as he lay the file
on the desk.

“What area? Oh, man, Billy, where are you sending us?” Lee called at Billy’s
retreating form. He grabbed the file from the desk . “Timber Trails! That’s
way out in the sticks. What kind of vehicle won’t stick out in this area?!” he
grumbled.

As Lee and Amanda made it to the motor pool, they had their answer. Before them
stood a beat up Chevy truck, complete with rust spots on the side and some kind
of air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror.

“Enjoy!” called Leatherneck as he swapped Lee’s corvette keys for the keys to
this beauty. “Not quite your fancy sports car, huh, Scarecrow?” he laughed.

“Yeah. Not quite,” he muttered. “Amanda, if we are going to be stuck out in
the sticks for any extended time, we should probably change our clothes. I know
Billy said just a couple of hours, but knowing our luck...”

“We’ll be out there for days,” Amanda finished for him. Except for the heat,
Amanda was looking forward to this stakeout with Lee. Lee had started to really
open up to her in the last few weeks and treat her as an equal, and more
importantly, a friend. It was on these stakeouts where Amanda saw more of Lee
and less of Scarecrow. “Lee, if we head to your apartment first so you can
change, we can stop at my house on the way to Route 101. I think Timber Trails
is off that route. I can load up on some supplies to keep us cool.”

“Sounds like a plan,” replied Lee as he wrapped his hand around Amanda’s and
headed toward the truck. Warmth emanated from Amanda’s hand and Lee struggled
to keep his emotions in check. Keeping cool this afternoon was going to be a
challenge. It had very little to do with the outside temperature and a great
deal to do with the brunette with whom he shared this truck. And, although he
wouldn’t admit it just yet, with whom he shared his heart.

Part 2

Lee wandered around Amanda’s family room while Amanda was upstairs changing.
The room was filled with a warmth that only a family could provide. He could
visualize the boys, as well as Amanda and Dotty, plopped down on this sofa
watching some action movie or tackling a puzzle on the coffee table. He knew
Amanda was a great mother. She often shared stories of her interactions with
the boys. Unbeknownst to Amanda, Lee had also seen these for himself on
numerous occasions, spying through the back door.

“How long is your mother gone for?” Lee called up the stairs.

“She’ll be gone all weekend,” replied Amanda as a blur of red flew past him and
headed to the kitchen. “The boys are with Joe until Monday celebrating Father’s
Day. He took them to that water park they wanted to see. Lee, I’m almost ready
here. How about you run out and start the truck to cool it down? I’m sure the
inside got so warm already,” Amanda said as she emerged from the kitchen.

She took his breath away. With one look, Lee was frozen in place. Amanda had
pulled her hair up in a pony tail with a few tendrils of hair brushing her neck.
Freckles peeked out from under the red tank top she wore. Her white shorts fit
snugly across her flat stomach and, not for the first time, Lee wondered why it
had taken him so long to recognize Amanda as a woman.

She stood before him as he stared at her and moved his eyes from the top of her
head to the tip of her toes. Amanda was so thankful she had pulled out all the
summer clothes already. Usually in early June, she only had a few pairs of
shorts out. With her mother and the boys gone, she was a bit bored last night
and took them all out at once. Seeing Lee’s reaction to her, Amanda was
thankful she had gone through so many outfits to get to this one.

“Oh, yeah, “ he replied. “I’ll go start the car.” As he turned towards the
door, Amanda could not help but admire his lean, long legs coming out of his
khaki shorts which fit him so nicely across his butt. The short sleeves of his
white polo shirt strained to cover his muscles and Amanda wondered, not for the
first time, what it would be like to be held by those arms. “I’ll be back for
the cooler, Amanda,” he added with a smile as he turned and caught her staring
at him.

As a blush of color crept up her cheeks, Amanda smiled back and pretended to
busy herself with the contents of the cooler. “Let me just grab my sneakers,
Lee, and I will be ready in a minute.” ‘Oh, this was going to be a long day,’
she thought as she tied her laces, ‘ a very long day.’

Part 3

“Hey there, Scarecrow! Nice wheels. Vette in the shop again?” remarked agent
Trawick to the approaching Lee and Amanda.

Lee did little to disguise his dislike of Trawick. He had caught him on many
occasions checking out Amanda. Trawick had even gone so far as to ask her out
once. Being the chicken that he was, he had waited until Scarecrow was out of
town to ask. He knew if Scarecrow had got wind of it while it was happening, he
would more than likely be transferred to Siberia. Thankfully, Amanda had
turned him down so Lee backed off and felt no need to intervene.

“We are here to relieve you two, Trawick, but if you want to keep making cracks
about the car, we’ll just leave,” huffed Lee.

“It’s cool, Scarecrow,” interrupted Papalarsic. “A classic like your corvette
wouldn’t fit in too well in these surroundings.”

Lee liked Papalarsic. He was a nice guy-- married with two children and one on
the way. And Tom Papalarsic thought Lee Stetson walked on water.

“We’re out of here. No activity here–just dragonflies and bumble bees. Stay
cool,” Tom called as they drove off, kicking up the dust of the road.

Amanda took a moment to notice her surroundings. They had parked under a big
shade tree off to the side of a dirt road. Across the road was the old
farmhouse they were to keep an eye on. They had a good vantage point from under
this tree. It was a weeping willow, with branches hanging down so far, it
touched the ground. Next to the tree was a pond surrounded by brush.
Dragonflies zipped around the water and butterflies fluttered on the banks. It
was very peaceful here but, due to the heat, a place Amanda did not want to stay
for too long.

“Lee, are you hungry? I packed chicken salad sandwiches, chips and a surprise
for dessert.” Amanda had spread out the blanket she had brought from home and
set out the plates, cups, and napkins. Without waiting for an answer, she
placed a sandwich on one plate and poured lemonade from the thermos into the
cup. The bag of chips lay between the two plates so they both could reach.

“Oh, Amanda. You didn’t need to go through so much trouble,” remarked Lee as he
sat down next to her. “I hope to not be here for very long. I thought we could
grab a bite to eat later, you know, a late lunch.”

“Oh, come on, Lee. Billy said it would only be a couple of hours, but what if
it is longer? We would be starving. Besides, I know you get a little cranky
when you are hungry,” she added with a laugh.

“Me? Cranky? Never, Mrs. King,” he replied with a smile as he grabbed the
offered sandwich. Reaching for the cooler, Lee asked, “What is the surprise for
dessert?”

Amanda quickly grabbed the cooler from him and placed the top on. “If you peek
inside, Lee, it won’t be a surprise,” she slyly smiled. “Eat your sandwich
first.”

Amanda and Lee finished their lunch and sat quietly under the tree. Even with
the protection from the sun, it quickly got warm and Amanda and Lee sought
relief. Thankful they had the air conditioning in the car, the two climbed in
and Lee started the motor. It quickly roared to life and just as quickly died.

“What the hell...” muttered Lee as he once again tried the motor. No luck.
“Son of a b..,” he grumbled.

“Try once more, Lee” begged a quickly wilting Amanda. He tried again and was
attempting a fourth try when Amanda stopped him. “You’ll flood the engine, Lee.
Debbie Ann McCabee and I did that to my car in high school and my father had to
come get us. Let it sit for a bit and we’ll try later. Maybe now is a good
time for dessert,” Amanda added optimistically.

They both climbed out of the truck and sought the shade of the old willow tree.
Amanda opened the cooler and retrieved some strawberries, several pieces of
shortcake and the whipped cream in a can. “Sorry about the canned whipped
cream. I didn’t anticipate this impromptu picnic, Lee. Can you open the can
for me while I assemble the strawberries and shortcake?” Handing the can to
Lee, Amanda got the two bowls from the cooler. On the bottom of each bowl, she
placed the shortcake and scooped fresh strawberries on top. As a strawberry
slipped out of the bowl, Amanda grabbed it and took a bite, catching the
juices with her tongue as they dripped down her chin.

For the second time today, Amanda had rendered Lee speechless. He took in the
whole scene with a great amount of interest and was not even remotely surprised
when he felt his shorts tighten. Wordlessly, Lee handed Amanda the whipped cream
fearful his voice heavy with desire would give him away. Blissfully unaware of
the impact she was having on Lee, Amanda accepted the whipped cream and gave
each bowl a healthy dollop of the heavenly substance.

“Here you go, Lee, “ said Amanda handing Lee the bowlful of strawberries. “That
should cool you off. Maybe when we are done, we could try the car again.
Hopefully Anderson and Foster will be here soon. We can’t leave until they get
here anyway. We’ll take their car and send another agency vehicle back for
them. We could have them hide it down the road to avoid suspicion.”
Confident he had gained his voice, Lee croaked out, “You always look at the
bright side of things, Mrs. King. By the way, this is delicious.”

Her warm smile reached all the way up to her eyes when she replied, “Thanks,
Lee. I’m glad you’re enjoying it.”

The couple finished in silence, enjoying each other’s company and the
peacefulness and solitude that surrounded them. After a time, though, the
oppressiveness of the heat consumed him. The strawberry shortcake was long gone
and the possible relief from heat beckoned Lee to try to start the truck again.
He dragged his sweaty body to the truck and climbed into the driver’s seat.
With a hopeful hand, Lee turned the key and was met by silence. The only sound
he could hear was the buzzing of a fly who was seemingly attracted to Lee’s
shoe. Frustrated, Lee climbed out and slammed the door.

“It is so damn hot out here! Where the heck are Foster and Anderson? They
should be here by now!” Lee said as he pounded his fist on the truck.

“Come on, Lee. No use getting even more heated up about something you can do
nothing about. Come back over here and cool down under the shade of the tree,”
Amanda soothed. “I’m sure they’ll be here soon.”

“They better,” he grumbled. Sitting so close to Amanda on a blanket under a
secluded tree did absolutely nothing to cool Lee off. He bounced around like an
antsy child and finally settled on skimming rocks across the pond. Suddenly he
came up with an idea.
Amanda looked up to see Lee stripping off his shirt. Throat dry, she swallowed
and finally found her words.

“Lee, what are you doing?”

“Amanda, there is a pond right here just calling us to go swimming in it! Come
on,” Lee beckoned.

“You’re not skinny dipping, are you?” Amanda croaked. The sweat of the day
settled on Lee’s chest. With the sun behind him, he looked as if he was
glowing. “What if someone sees you?”

“Well, I hadn’t planned to skinny dip unless you joined me, Mrs. King. But if
you won’t,” Lee added, “I’ll keep my boxers on.”

Relieved yet disappointed at the same time, Amanda shook her head no and
shielded her eyes against the sun. God, he was beautiful and he knew it, too!
His sun-tanned chest was smooth and hairless. Broad and muscular shoulders
combined with bulging pectorals to make the perfect package. As he removed his
shorts, Amanda could see the results of many workouts—his thighs and calves were
toned. His feet were even sexy. He balanced almost poetically on one foot
while removing his shorts from the other leg. While doing so, Lee’s butt
muscles strained against his boxers. ‘Yes indeed, the perfect package,’ Amanda
thought as she heard the splash of Lee entering the pond.

“You should rethink the decision to join me, Amanda. It is quite refreshing.
Nothing like a dip in the water to cool...ow! What the hell was that?” cried
Lee. “Amanda, I think something bit me on the leg. Damn! There is something
biting my toes. What the hell is in here? Oh, Man! I’m getting out of here!”
Lee scrambled up the bank to safety.

“Amanda! Can you help me here?” came Lee’s desperate cries.

“Oh my gosh!” exclaimed Amanda as she covered her mouth in surprise.

“Amanda, please?” beckoned Lee. “I need your help.”

Turning away for a brief moment so he wouldn’t see her smile, Amanda collected
herself. “I’ll be right there,” she replied.
“Lee! You have a snapping turtle hanging off your boxers!”

“I am aware of that, Amanda! Help me out here! Get him off me!”

“Lee, he is right near your um, um... I can’t touch you there,” a very
embarrassed Amanda exclaimed. “I’ve got an idea. I’ll get a stick and flick
him off.”

“You watch that stick, Amanda! My future kids depend on you being very
careful.”

“Future kids, Lee? I never thought about you having kids, Lee. Is this
something you think about a lot? If it is, you might...”

”Not now, Amanda! Just be careful.”

“I remember when Phillip found one of these near my uncle’s house. They can be
pretty nasty. Well, you know that. Anyway, they have long necks that can
stretch pretty far. If I can get him interested in a stick that I have very
carefully placed near his mouth, he might grab at it and let go of your boxers.
Boy, Trawick and Papalarsic would have a field day with this one.” giggled
Amanda.

“Let’s just be sure they don’t find out,” grumbled Lee.

“Okay, Lee. Stand very still...easy...easy...got him!” Amanda flung the turtle
and the stick back into the pond. “He had quite a grip on you, Lee, for a
baby.”

“A baby?! Are you nuts?” Lee exclaimed, “It was huge!”

“Come on, Lee. It couldn’t have been more than six inches long. If it had been
any bigger, your boxers would have come down with just the weight of him...”
Amanda trailed of with the visual that suddenly popped into her mind. This
visual was quickly replaced by a very real, very wet Lee standing not more than
five feet in front of her. His wet boxers clung to him and revealed the size of
his package.

“Well, it felt huge when it was hanging so close to...” Lee trailed off while
realizing the intimacy of his surroundings. Amanda sat not more than a few feet
from him, staring at him with an odd look in her eyes. Was it desire he saw in
her eyes or was that wishful thinking on his part? He thought his lack of dress
was making Amanda uncomfortable and rushed off to put his shorts on.

He could not be more wrong in his assumption that Amanda was uncomfortable with
his lack of clothes. Instead, she had been staring at him, completely aware of
how magnificent his body was and how much she wanted him. She was admiring his
body as a woman would admire a man—not as a mom, ex-wife or partner–but a woman,
as Amanda. With a sigh, Amanda headed to the truck to get the first aid kit.
Maybe neither of them were ready for her to deal with him like a woman should,
but she could certainly tend to any bites he had, as a friend.

Slightly shaken up, but definitely refreshed, Lee stretched out under the shade
of the willow tree on the blanket. His arms were clasped behind his head to
support it and his legs crossed at the ankles. His feet were bare with toes
wiggling. His eyes were closed and Amanda took the opportunity to continue to
admire him.

“Do you like what you see, Mrs. King?” Lee asked a startled Amanda.

Slightly blushing at being caught, Amanda mumbled, “No. I was just checking for
bites. Let me put a bit of cream on them. Sometimes the saliva can cause a
reaction on the skin,” she offered.

Together, Lee and Amanda found all the bites on Lee’s legs and covered them in
cream.

“I think he got my back, too, Amanda. Can we check there?” Lee removed his
shirt and settled on his stomach. Using the shirt as a pillow, Lee lay his head
down and closed his eyes.

“You’re lucky it wasn’t the mother snapping turtle or you would be in a great
deal more pain,” Amanda said. “You do have a few bites here on your back. They
are not swollen but you may bruise.” Amanda tenderly rubbed the cream into each
and every bite, taking great care not to apply too much pressure. Lee moaned in
response.
“Oh my gosh! Did I hurt you, Lee?”

“Relax, Amanda. You’re not hurting me. It feels...good. I haven’t had a
backrub in a while.”

“Those girlfriends of your falling behind on their duties, Scarecrow? “ Amanda
muttered.

“No, Mrs. King, “ said Lee as he rolled to his back. “There has not been any
girlfriends lately.”

She could have stopped there. She could have just stood up and brought the
first aid kit back to the car. Lee would have put his shirt back on and they
would have sat in comfortable, although hot, silence until Anderson and Foster
got here. But she didn’t stop. She bravely left her hands on Lee’s chest and
squeaked out, “No girlfriends?”

Rising to a sitting position, Lee grasped Amanda’s hands with his very large
one. Supporting himself with one arm, hazel eyes met brown eyes. “No. No
girlfriends,” he whispered as his mouth descended on hers. He traced her lips
with his tongue and sucked her bottom lip. A moan emanated deep from within,
although neither knew from who. He grasped her hips with both hands and pulled
her to him. With his hands on her rib cage, he stroked the underside of her
breasts through her shirt. Amanda arched her back and put her hands over her
head as Lee pulled off her shirt. He caressed her breast through her bra and
nibbled at her still covered nipple. He reached behind her to unclasp it and
watched as the red satin fell away from her breasts.

“My God! You are beautiful, Amanda!” he exclaimed as he again took her breast
in his mouth. He swirled his tongue around her nipple as she raked her nails
through his hair. Shifting positions slightly, Amanda could feel his bulging
erection push against her thigh. She reached out and stroked him through the
thin fabric. He grasped her face and pulled her waiting mouth towards him. She
popped the button of his shorts with one hand and smiled into his kiss at her
success. The little smile did not go unnoticed and Lee remarked about her
talents. “One hand, huh? I think you have hidden talents, Mrs. King.”

“You ain’t seen nothing yet, Big Fella,” she responded to a very surprised Lee.
He arched his eyebrow in response and whispered, “I can’t wait to see. But I
have a few surprises for you, too,” he said as he flipped her so that she was on
her back. He pulled at her shorts and removed her shorts and underwear with one
swift movement.
“Showoff,” she muttered and then gasped as Lee took her clit into his mouth. He
sucked it and then plunged his tongue into her vagina. Amanda grasped at his
hair to pull him closer to her. Spreading her legs further, Lee continued to
suckle on her clit while caressing her outer petals. Gently he dipped one, then
two fingers into her vagina and stroked her in and out. “Lee!” Amanda called
out as she began to orgasm. She held his head tightly to her, frozen in
ecstasy. Her vaginal walls contracted and Lee felt them close upon his fingers.
With one final suck, Lee put Amanda over the edge into euphoria. As she floated
back down to earth, she heard Lee whisper, “I love you, Amanda.” She opened her
eyes to see those beautiful hazel eyes staring back at her, the skin around them
crinkling with a smile. “I love you, too, Lee,” she breathed. He stroked her
face while she traced the lines on his forehead with her fingers, followed by
kisses along his jaw line.

“My turn,” she muttered as she got up and headed to the cooler. She retrieved
the whipped cream and popped the top. Wide hazel eyes watched her strut over to
him and straddle his thighs. With a smile, Amanda muttered again, “My turn ,”
and bent down to stroke Lee through his shorts. She pulled on the sides and Lee
lifted his bottom up to easily remove his shorts. His erection popped out and
stood tall. Needing no encouragement, Amanda shook the whipped cream and
sprayed it on Lee’s erection. The coolness of the cream did nothing to the
hardness of his shaft. Gently massaging his testicles, Amanda ran her tongue
along his length. When she got to the head, she rolled her tongue on the
outside of the head sucking slightly. With Lee’s moans as encouragement, she
sucked harder and took him completely in her mouth. She raked her teeth up and
down his shaft and swirled her tongue at his tip, tasting the wetness there.
She sucked just the tip until Lee pulled at her head and begged for her to stop.
“Amanda..please..or it will be over too quickly,” he moaned. He grasped her
arms and pulled her up the length of his body. His lips found hers and he
gasped as she lowered herself onto his shaft. Her breath caught in her throat
at the completeness she felt. Slowly, she began to rock and he to thrust at the
same time. Finding their rhythm was easy. It was like their bodies were meant
for each other. He grasped her hips and held her steady as he thrust into her.
He nibbled at her breasts as she stroked his arms. One final thrust sent them
over the edge to crash in a sweaty heap upon the blanket. Sheer heat and
exhaustion, as well as the sounds of the dragonflies soon lulled them to sleep.
A distant sound brought Amanda out of her reverie.

“Lee! Lee, wake up! I hear a car!” Amanda shook his body all the while
enjoying the naked view.

“Amanda? You’re quite impatient, Mrs. King,” he responded with a kiss.

“I’m not trying to seduce you, Scarecrow. Get dressed! Anderson and Foster are
here!” she exclaimed.

“Already?” Lee innocently asked as he grabbed his shorts.

“This from a man who was whining about them not being here not too long ago,”
said Amanda as she put on her tank top and tucked her bra into her pocket.

“That was before..well before, you know,” stammered Lee.

“Before what, Lee?” The air was heavy with anticipation.

“That was before I knew you loved me,” he answered with a smile.

“Good answer, Scarecrow,” was Amanda’s reply as she quickly kissed Lee’s nose
and headed toward the dirt road.

The End