- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters and make no money from this story

Setting: Valentines weekend 1988. Marriage secret.

Comments: This is in response to Cheryl's Valentines challenge to write a story including Lee, Amanda and some "naughty" candy hearts
Amanda saw her mother putting away packages in the kitchen as she
rushed by and ran up the stairs two at a time.

"Amanda-" Dotty yelled.

"Sorry, Mother. No time to talk." Amanda thought fast, how was she
going to explain her way out of this one?

Dotty stood in the doorway, blocking any hasty retreat that Amanda
might have planned. "Don't give me that, Missy. First you tell me
that you'll be in New York all weekend filming subway graffiti.
Then this morning, you rush in here full throttle and you don't have
time to talk? I don't think so. You WILL tell me what is going
on. Filming graffiti my Aunt Edna."

"Mother, I'm sorry." Amanda kicked out of her shoes and quickly
changed her pants. "Plans got changed, we spent last night in the
editing room. Our documentary on the duck billed platypus got
pushed up. We have to have it done by Monday morning." She
wondered if her mother ever believed a word she said. She herself
didn't believe the lies she sometimes came up with, but she knew she
needed to get her Agency ID. Plans HAD gotten changed, no more
quiet anniversary weekend, now the Agency was at a full alert.

"Um hum. Editing room. Right."

"Mother." Ignoring the comment Amanda stepped into her shoes and
scooted past the diminutive yet strong woman blocking the door. "I
can't stay and talk. I have to go pick up Lee and head to the
office." Even without looking she knew that her mother was only a
step behind her coming down the stairs. "I'll see you on Monday."

Amanda was almost out the door when she realized that she had
forgotten her coat. "Mother, can you get my coat out of the hall
closet please."

"Yes, dear. Whatever you need, dear." Dotty turned and walked down
the hall. Amanda looked around the kitchen, pacing as she waited.
In the time it was taking Dotty to get her coat, she could've gotten
the coat and been in the jeep by now. Her eye caught a small bag of
candy hearts lying on the island. Well, if they had to cancel their
anniversary weekend alone to work, at least they could have some
candy hearts. Who knows, it might be fun to act out some of the
sayings. Kiss me. Hug me. She smiled as she tossed the bag into
her purse. "Mother?"

Dotty ambled around the corner. "Here you go dear. I hope I didn't
make you late."

Amanda shook her head as she grabbed her coat and headed out the
door. "Bye, Mother. I love you."

She heard her mother call after her as she started to pull the door
shut behind her. "Be careful in the `editing room' my dear. You
never know what kinds of things might happen in there in the dark."

Amanda heard the door slam from inside the vault. Lee's meeting
with Dr. Smyth must not have gone well. Looking at her watch she
realized it was already 4:00. "I'm in here, Lee."

"Arg! I swear, sometimes I want to strangle that man." Lee stomped
into the vault and leaned against the file cabinet that Amanda was
trying to sort.

"That bad huh?"

"Even worse."

Amanda stood and placed her arms around his neck. "I'm sorry
sweetheart. Do you think there's anything I can do to make you feel
better?"

"Hmmm, I don't know. Let's see what you've got." Lee wagged his
eyebrows.

Amanda pulled his face down to hers and gave him the softest,
sweetest kiss that she could. "How's that?"

"Not bad, but I haven't forgotten about Dr. Smyth."

"Well then, let's try this." She pushed him against the cabinet and
pressed her whole body against his, crushing her lips into his. She
ground her hips into him then let him go and left the vault, leaving
him standing there, his mouth agape and trying to catch his breath.

She was sitting at her desk when Lee started out of the vault; the
look in his eyes reminded her of a tiger stalking his prey.

"So, did that make you forget-" She was interrupted by a knock on
the door.

Lee changed his direction and unlocked the door, opening it to none
other than Dr. Smyth. As soon as the door was partly open he pushed
his way in and sat on the edge of Amanda's desk.

"Well, Scarecrow. Locking the pumpkin shell so the little partner
can't get away?" He glanced at Amanda then gave his attention back
to Lee. "But that was Peter and his wife. Not a scarecrow and a
housewife."

Amanda shuffled some papers on her desk. "Was there something you
needed, Dr. Smyth?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact. Just thought I'd pop up to your little
hideaway and tell Scarecrow that Anderson is taking the first
surveillance. You two are off the hook until three. Three A.M.
that is." He stood and dropped a file folder on her desk. "These
are the coordinates. Make sure you're on time."

Dr. Smyth grabbed a few of the candy hearts Amanda had dumped into a
small candy dish on her desk then left, slamming the door closed.

Lee dropped onto the couch and motioned for her to join him. She
picked up a few hearts as she made her way to the couch and her
husband of one year and one day. Sitting beside him she snuggled
into his outstretched arms. "You look like you're feeling a little
better now."

"I am. I'd been trying to figure out how to tell you that we had
surveillance from 5:00 tonight til 3:00 in the morning. And since
we didn't exactly get a lot of sleep last night. I didn't know how
in the world we would be able to stay awake."

The thought of all the things they had done the night before,
instead of sleep made her smile. She had told her family she was
going to New York for work, which is the place Lee told her they
were going. But to her surprise he had picked up enough groceries
and wine to last the weekend and they locked themselves in his
apartment. The thought was, they wouldn't have to waste the driving
time to New York if they stayed here. They both were off for the
weekend. Little did they know that all hell would break loose on
the Stravinski case and they would be drug to the Agency early on
Valentines morning. At least they had one night to celebrate their
anniversary. Hopefully they would be able to salvage a little more
time alone and away from the Agency.

She glanced up at Lee, deciding to have a little fun. Knowing that
he was watching, she took one candy heart and slowly raised it to
her lips. Holding it between her lips for a few moments before she
whisked it into her mouth with her tongue.

"Amanda!" He pried open her mouth and pulled the heart back
out. "That's what I thought that said." Lee laughed as he held the
heart in front of her.

"Oh my gosh!" Amanda felt her face get hot. The words printed on
the tiny heart were not any she'd seen in that context before.

"You can say that again. Where did you find these?"

"Oh my gosh."

"You already said that. I can't believe you bought these. Heck, I
can't believe you would go into a store that would sell these." Lee
popped the heart into his mouth.

"I didn't buy them."

"What?" Lee almost choked on the candy heart in his mouth.

"I didn't buy them. When I ran home this morning to change and pick
up a few things, I found them in the kitchen. They must be
Mother's."

"Oh my gosh." Sometimes when Lee felt very flustered he would adopt
Amanda's catch phrase, this was one of those times. "Your mother
bought these?"

Amanda stood and rushed to the trashcan digging to the
bottom. "That's what I wondered. Rebecca's Fantasies." She held
out the bag for him to see. "She must've ordered them."

"Well, I guess with us gone for the weekend, and the boys at Joes.
She might as well have a little Valentines fun herself."

"Lee. That's my mother you're talking about!"

He stood and took her into his arms. "Yes, and my mother-in-law.
Who are we to think that she has no right to have some fun with
Captain Kurt."

"But, Lee, that's my mother."

"I hope you're still this frisky when you're sixty." He pulled her
in for a kiss. "Well, it's not like you're going to give them back
now. We have until three o'clock to start acting out these hearts.
Let's get move on. Times a wasting."

Amanda retrieved her purse from her desk and pulled on her coat,
allowing Lee to lead her down the stairs to the Georgetown entrance.
She stopped cold.

"What's wrong?"

"Lee, we're not the only ones who've eaten some of these candies."

His eyes got big as he said along with her. "Dr. Smyth." He began
leading her again to the door. "Maybe he didn't read any of them,
just ate them."

"For our sakes, I sure hope so. How would we ever explain that?"

"Let's hope we never have to find out."

The rest of the evening ended up being very uneventful. By the time
they fixed then ate ham sandwiches they both collapsed and fell
asleep. Lee hit the snooze at 2:00 a.m. then again at 2:09 and
2:18. When 2:27 hit, Amanda climbed over him, turned off the alarm
and got out of bed. "Come on sleepyhead, we don't have much time to
get there."

"Arg. I know." Lee sat up, rubbed his eyes then watched as Amanda
pulled her jeans back on over her hips. "Hmmm, you wouldn't mind
doing that again would you, this time a little slower."

"Later, big fella. Right now we need to go."

"I'll keep you to that you know."

"I hope so." Amanda winked at him as she tossed him his jeans. She
couldn't resist watching him put them on from the mirror over the
dresser. He definitely filled out a pair of Levi's better than any
man in the universe.

"Like what you see?"

"How did you know I was watching?" Amanda turned and put her hands
on her hips.

"I'm a spy. I know everything."

"A spy huh? I thought you didn't like that term."

"Yeah, well."

"Uh huh. Come on Dudley Do Right, let's get a move on."

Amanda looked up from the file as Lee pulled the Jeep up to the
address Smyth had given them. The place looked like it should've
been condemned.

"'Manda? Are you sure this is the right address?"

"Yes, that's what the file says. Look, over on the next block is
Anderson's car."

"Okay. Let's park and get up to apartment 507. I hope it looks
better on the inside than the rest of the neighborhood."

After being briefed by Anderson and Simpson, Amanda started
unpacking the duffle bag she'd brought.

"Planning on staying a while?" Lee nodded to her bag.

"I hope not." She looked around the room in disgust. "But we'll be
here until 10 a.m. We might as well be a little more comfortable,
and clean."

She pulled out a large sheet and covered the stained, vintage 60's
couch. Sitting down she pulled the bag toward her. She covered the
coffee table with Andersons New York Times and laid out her spread.
Two bottles of water, a small packet of wet wipes, a Tupperware
container with two pieces of chocolate pie and a half used canister
of whipped cream.

"Um, the night's looking better already." Lee wiggled his eyebrows
as he stared at the whipped cream.

"It's for the pie. " Amanda opened the Tupperware and showed him
dessert.

She rifled through the bag looking for the rest of their meal. Two
peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

"Hungry?"

"Yeah, just let me check all the surveillance equipment. Simpson
said they had a quite a party over there and passed out around two.
It will probably be pretty quiet our shift."

Amanda was very glad of that as she thought about the tiny candy
hearts tucked into the side packet of the bag. They were so
exhausted from their previous night, they'd slept all evening. Now
might be the best time to finally use the candy hearts.

Once their meal was consumed and paper plates thrown away, it was
only 3:45. Over six hours left keeping an eye on three members of
Stravinski's gang passed out in an apartment across the street.

Lee checked the bugs again. All in working order and recording
nothing but snoring. He flopped onto the couch next to Amanda and
started caressing her arm. "Well Mrs. Stetson, we have six more
hours to kill. What should we do?"

"Oh don't worry. I brought a game to help pass the time." She
jumped out of his arms and retrieved her bag.

"Amanda, I wasn't exactly thinking about Monopoly."

"Neither was I." She dangled the bag of candy hearts in front of
him. `I thought we might be able to make a little game out of
these."

"I love the way your sexy little head works. What did you have in
mind?" He shifted in his seat, a telltale sign that his jeans were
feeling a bit constricting.

She grabbed a deck of cards off the coffee table and began
shuffling. "It's simple really. We each pick a card, high card
gets to either remove and item of clothing from the other, or pick a
heart and either do what it says or make the other do it to them.

"Any game where I get to see you naked sounds good to me. Let's get
started."

Amanda spread the cards on the table next to the bag of hearts and
motioned for Lee to pick one. He chose a card and peeked. "I like
this game." He tossed a Jack onto the table.

Amanda drew a card and immediately flipped it on top of Lee's

A King.

"Lose the shirt Big Fella. Nice and slow." She sat back and enjoyed
the show. The muscle flexing that he tossed in was definitely nice.

After they'd drawn four times, Lee was sans shirt, shoes and jeans.
Amanda's sweater had finally joined them on the floor.

On the fifth draw, Lee had the high card. "Okay. It's time for you
to lose your blouse. Not that it's fair you have more layers on."

Amanda started to unbutton the top button when he stopped her.

"No, let me." He pulled her to stand then reached his arms around
her waist and took a hold of the back of her shirt slowly pulling it
from the waistband of her jeans. He moved at a snails pace, his
fingers grazing her skin as he untucked her shirt. His touch was
intoxicating. She was tempted to forfeit their game and attack him
right there. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes. His
fingers were at the top button. At an agonizingly slow pace he
undid each button then pushed her blouse off her shoulders, letting
it drip to the floor. Then whispered in her ear. "Let's draw
again."

Lee won again. In the same manner he'd removed her blouse, he
peeled off her jeans. Lucky for him, she'd already kicked off her
shoes before the game started.

After a few more hands they both sat naked in front of each other.
They drew again and Amanda won. She reached into the bag and
brought out a heart.

Lick Me.

She handed it to Lee then leaned back on the couch. He knelt beside
the couch and starting at her feet, licked his way up her leg. He
spread her legs and flicked his tongue around her inner thigh and
then off of her. She moaned at the loss. As suddenly as it had
left, his tongue drew quickly up her slit then swirled around her
clit before it traveled upward, circled her navel then crisscrossed
her stomach. It then made circles around her nipples. Another moan
emanated from deep within her as he blazed a trail to her neck then
her left ear, before it plunged into her mouth.

She felt his presence move away.

"My turn to pick a heart."

Apparently they weren't using the cards anymore. She wasn't sure if
she'd be able to perform any task without jumping him. But was
determined if Lee could do it, so could she.

Lee laughed as he read his heart. "This is hard. I don't know if I
should do this to you, or have you do it to me."

"Let me see."

Lee held the heart out for her to read.

Spank Me

She was afraid to tell him, but she hoped that he'd chose to do it
to her. The thought of him taking her over his knee and swatting
her butt was erotic. She looked up to see Lee staring at her. He
motioned for her to come to him. She wondered if he read her mind.
He laid his hand on her back and guided her to bend at the waist.

"Is this okay?"

She had trouble speaking she was so turned on. "Yes." She squeaked.

Smack

Smack

Smack

She was so wet she worried it would start running down her leg. She
felt herself being pulled back onto the couch.

"How was that?" Lee kissed her on the forehead.

"Honestly?"

"Of course."

"Very erotic."

"Hmmm, I'll have to remember that."

"Please do. Now it's my turn." She reached in and pulled out a red
heart.

Give Head

She showed it to Lee. "I guess this is one I'll have to do to you."

"I'm not going to argue. He winked as he leaned back and she knelt
between his legs.

She lightly caressed his balls, watching the skin contract.
Lowering her mouth she took in the tip of his penis. His moan
turned her on almost as much as him spanking her did. She wondered
if the spanking turned him on just as much. She'd have to remember
to ask him later.

She took him all the way into her mouth as her fingers roamed down
to the sensitive area between his balls and anus.

"Oh my—" A strong suck quieted him.

She felt his shaking arms try to push her away. Stopping her before
he got to the point of no return. She had no intention of stopping.

After a year of marriage, she knew exactly what to do to make him
lose all control.

She felt his hands grasp at her hair, with a few flicks of her
tongue he fell over the edge then relaxed back onto the couch.

"Wow. I didn't expect you do take me all the way. You didn't have
to do that."

Her tongue darted out and licked a drop of cum off the corner of her
mouth. "Just following the instructions on my heart."

"Thank you."

"No need to thank me yet. Let's finish the game. I believe it's
your turn to pick a heart."

"With pleasure." He winked as he reached into the bag, bringing out
a yellow heart. Without showing her the heart he stood then led her
to lie back on the couch.

"Well, are you going to tell me what it says?"

As an answer, he placed the heart in his teeth, saying out and moved
toward her. It simply said

Make Me Cum

Lee sucked the heart into his mouth as he began to kiss her, his
hands roaming over her chest. He popped the heart into her mouth
then kissed his way to her breast. Taking one nipple in his mouth
and the other in his fingers he sucked and tweaked them until she
moaned. A small bite on her nipple made her catch her breath. She
felt his right hand move lower on her body, his large hand caressed
her stomach as it inched further down. She wondered if he would
ever get to his destination, the anticipation was killing her.
Finally she felt his fingers brush lightly against her hair, without
thought she opened her legs, giving him access to every part of her
body. His fingers ran along the crease of her legs, sending shivers
throughout her body before running along her slit. The game had
turned her on so much, she knew it wouldn't take him long to make
her cum. Part of her hoped he would do it quickly and release the
pressure that seemed to have built up inside of her, the other part
hoped he would torture her for a while.

His mouth left her nipple, leaving it wet and cold, a wonderful
sensation after the warmth of his mouth. The next thing she felt
was his hot tongue pressing it's way into her. His tongue moved to
flick at her clit as he pressed a finger inside her. His finger
moved expertly to her G spot. The feeling of his finger caressing
inside of her and his mouth sucking and tongue swirling her clit was
more than she could stand. Her hands clinched and her fingers went
numb as a powerful orgasm raced through her body

She wasn't sure how long she lay there recovering before Lee
snuggled up next to her on the couch.

"Oh, Lee that was . . . beyond words."

"Glad I could fulfill the heart satisfactorily. By the way, while
you were in a sex induced coma, someone across the road took a leak,
and I don't think he made it to the bathroom, then it sounded like
he passed out on the floor. You didn't miss much. Now, whose turn
is it to pick a heart? That is unless you want to quit our game?"

"I am NOT ready to quit, and I think it's my turn." She reached for
one of the water bottles on the table and quenched her thirst before
picking a heart.

She smiled, walked over and retrieved something from Lee's jeans
then walked back, holding the item behind her back. She first
dropped the heart in his hand, and as soon as his eye's bugged out,
showing that he'd read it, she dropped the other item into his
hands. His handcuffs. The heart only sported two words.

Cuff Me

She turned around, her back to her husband and held her arms out
behind her. They'd never played around with bondage before, maybe
be cause the threat of being bound was a real threat with their
jobs. But after the spanking, and with the spirit of the game, the
thought of what he might do to her while she was cuffed and couldn't
move, was even more erotic than the spanking had been.

Without a word she felt him attach the cuffs to her right wrist,
then her left. She turned around and faced him.

"Mmm, I like the way this looks." She followed his eyes to her
chest; her arms being cuffed behind her made her back arch and
pushed her boobs out. His hands reached out and caressed her
breasts, bring her nipples back to full attention.

"Hey, I don't think you picked a heart that said to do that."

"You're right, let me remedy that situation." He dumped the bag on
to the table and looked through the hearts.

"You can't look!"

"And what do you think you can do to stop me? Don't forget you're
cuffed, and deliciously naked I might add.

She tried to kick at him, but he grabbed her leg and laid her down
on the couch, keeping her legs held tightly under one arm, while he
picked the best heart with the other.

"Ah, I think this one will do, for starters." He held the heart out
for her to see, then popped it into her mouth.

Tickle Me

Her eyes grew wide when she saw the devilish look on his face. He
put her legs down on the couch then straddled them, pinning her
down. She watched with eyes wide open, trying to prepare herself
for an assault that she assumed would follow. To her surprise, his
touch was light, barely grazing her skin. She didn't know which was
worse. She tried not to squirm, but couldn't control herself when
he reached her sides. The more she squirmed the tighter he held her
with his legs and the fiercer he tickled her. The tickling subsided
and the light touch began again. It was a relief to Amanda. But
not for long, his fingers moved lower. He swiftly climbed off of
her and spread her legs. He sat down facing her and laid his legs
over hers, again pinning her to the couch.

"What are you doing?"

"It didn't say where I could tickle you, now did it?"

"Lee!" She started to sit up.

"Shhh, you'll wake up the neighbors." With a wink he pushed her
back on the couch and continued his assault on her body.

He alternated between caressing and tickling her inner thighs,
getting close, but never quite reaching the most sensitive area
between her legs.

Amanda never realized that she was screaming until Lee stuffed his
shirt into her mouth, gagging her.

"Shhh." Was all he said, and then he continued to torment her.

It was clear by the look on his face that he was enjoying his task,
what surprised Amanda, was that even though she hated being tickled,
she enjoyed it also.

She bucked her head as the tickling became more intense, flinging
the shirt over her eyes, now not only was she bound and gagged, but
blindfolded also. This only heightened the sensations of his touch.

"My, my, you are getting wet aren't you? Does this turn you on? Is
it the tickling? Or the bondage? Oh wait, you can't answer me can
you. I guess once this is all over you'll have to tell me all about
what you're feeling. You won't forget now will you? Will you
remember every sensation?" His fingers grazed against her outer
folds. "Will you be able to tell me all about how this feels?"
With one hand he pushed aside the outer folds and with the other
pinched her clit. Shock waves coursed through her body as he
pinched and tweaked the sensitive nub. Her back arched as every
muscle in her body tensed as she orgasmed. As her body finally
relaxed, she felt the shirt being removed from her mouth and eyes.
Lee remained sitting, with his legs covering hers, the hands that
had previously tickled her, now caressed her stomach.

"Well, Mrs. Stetson, shall we remember this little trick also?"

She nodded her head.

"Here, let me pick for you, since you still are a little . . . shall
we say . . . incapacitated."

He reached over and picked up a heart, keeping his eyes locked to
hers. He looked at it then held it for her to read.

Suck Me

"Well, do you think you can handle me sucking you?"

She responded quickly. "No. Come over here, I want to do it to
you."

Lee crawled over her body and knelt above her head, looking down at
her. She lifted her head slightly and took the tip of his penis
into her mouth, never breaking eye contact. Swirling her tongue
around the tip of his penis she heard him moan. Since he'd already
cum once recently, she knew that it would take a lot more to get him
to cum again, but felt up to the challenge. Lifting her head even
higher she took him deeper into her mouth. She latched onto him and
pulled him down closer, so she wouldn't have to raise her head as
high in order to engulf him.

It didn't take long for her to get him into it, she wondered if he
even realized that he was starting to thrust into her mouth, instead
of just letting her do the work.

Moments later he pulled himself out, panting.

"I'm not finished yet." She smiled up at him.

"No, not yet." He reached beside them and grabbed a heart, as he
did, she was able to get one last suck on his dick.

With a gasp he pulled away again. "Wait, I think you'll like this
one."

Doggy Style

At last. She loved everything that they'd done, but longed to feel
him inside of her, deep inside of her.

He got up and rolled her over, pulling her knees to the floor.
Pushing the table aside he knelt behind her, spread her legs and
placed his member at her opening. She arched and pushed back
against him as he thrust. It felt like heaven. He grabbed her
waist and pulled her toward him with every thrust. Deeper and
harder each time.

Amanda raised her upper body slightly, allowing him to hit her G
spot. She felt one arm wrap around her waist and the other hand
grip her hip. The thrusting was more intense each time. She didn't
know if she'd ever taken him this deeply before. Just as she felt
her orgasm begin Lee cried out in his own.

The next thing she knew, they were laying in each other's arms on
the couch, the sheet wrapped around them, her cuffs laying on the
coffee table. Lee must've taken them off after she fell asleep. It
took her a moment to realize what woke her up. It was the phone.

Lee got up and answered as she looked at the clock and realized it
was almost seven in the morning. Lee motioned for his clothes. He
mouthed for her to get dressed as he replied with "Yes, Sir" Into
the receiver.

He was still on the phone when she heard a key in the lock at the
front door. She hastily tucked in her blouse and grabbed for all
the candy hearts, stuffing them into the pocket of her jeans.

Lee was finishing buttoning his shirt when the door opened to
Francine and Beaman.

"Well, well. Isn't this just cozy." Francine eyed the sheet on the
couch and the handcuffs on the coffee table.

Amanda folded the sheet. "You want to sit on that thing?" nodding
at the dilapidated couch.

"Ugh. That is disgusting. There is no way these designer jeans are
going anywhere near that thing.

"That's what I thought." Amanda finished packing her bag as Lee
retrieved his cuffs and hooked them onto his belt clip.

Beaman checked out the surveillance tapes while Francine complained
about the change in plans. Apparently Dr. Smyth liked pulling the
rug out from underneath all of his underlings. He changed the
stakeout rotation more often than she ever had to change the boys'
diapers. She was glad to be leaving, hopefully to go back to the
apartment. With the little nap that she'd had, she was ready for a
little more of their game.

"Ready to go Amanda, it looks like we're off until tonight."

She patted her pocket full of hearts. "Ready when you are." Lee
was trying to propel her to the door as she gave a quick glance
around the room for anything she'd missed. To her horror she say
three candy hearts just under the couch. There was no way she'd be
able to go get them without Francine noticing. She just had to pray
that Francine and Ephraim didn't find them, or if they did, they'd
never know that they were hers.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Amanda followed Lee into the staff meeting bright and early Monday
morning. They'd had a long weekend. Filled with work and play.
The lines that separated the two this particular weekend were very
fuzzy. Lee held out a chair for her. She sat and he pushed the
chair in then sat beside her. The room was full of whispers.
Ephraim and Francine sat across the table and were talking in hushed
tones. Anderson and Simpson sat near the end of the conference
table. Dr. Smyth walked in the room and took his seat at the head.

A sudden thought burst into her head like a Mack truck.

The candy hearts.

Dr. Smyth grabbed some Saturday afternoon, and a few had
accidentally been left on the floor Sunday morning that Francine and
Ephraim could've found. Looking at their replacements for the
weekend's surveillance she thought she saw them quickly look away
from her.

Did they find the hearts?

Did they know that her and Lee dropped them?

Oh my gosh! Could they have figured out what happened while they
were supposedly working?

She looked at the head of the table at Dr. Smyth. He seemed to have
an odd smirk on his face when he caught her eye.

Did he read the hearts?

Did he have any idea what he interrupted Sunday morning when he
called Lee?

Amanda looked down at her hands in her lap, that she realized she
was wringing. Lee's hand reached under the table and took her left
hand and pressed it to her thigh. She was almost afraid to even
look up. She knew her face must be as red as Dr. Smyth's power
tie.

Her blonde counterpart interrupted her musings. "Amanda, I found a
little something that you must've dropped at the stakeout
yesterday."

Amanda's head jerked up to look at Francine. "W . . . what?" Oh
no, she found them.

Francine tossed something across the table. Amanda caught it and
held it tightly, hardly wanting to look. The item wasn't small,
like the hearts were. She slowly opened her hand and found the
courage to look. It was her lipstick. Her relief must've shown on
her face.

"You look surprised? Surely you noticed you were missing it? I
know I have to have my lipstick handy at all times."

"Um, yeah. I couldn't remember were I could've misplaced it. Thank
you, Francine."

Amanda now felt more at ease; apparently Francine didn't find the
hearts. Dr. Smyth brought the meeting to order, taking full credit
for busting Stravinski and his gang. Nary a mention of all the
Agents who had been called in on their weekend to work the case.

Two hours later the meeting finally adjourned. Lee leaned in and
whispered to Amanda. "What have you been so preoccupied with this
morning? I know I'm pretty unforgettable but I thought surely you'd
be at least a little satisfied after the weekend."

She nodded to Anderson as he walked past, on his way to the
door. "I think satisfied is an understatement." She looked around
at the mostly empty room before continuing. "I guess I was a little
concerned about the, um, candy."

"We polished the last of that off last night. What are you worried
about?"

"The handful that Dr. Smyth took, and the few that I saw under the
couch when we left the stakeout."

Lee smiled and sat on the edge of the table. "I wouldn't worry
about that. If anyone put two and two together, they would've let
us know by now."

"I hope you're right."

"Of course I'm right, I'm always right aren't I?" He winked at her
then stood, placed his hand on the small of her back and started to
lead her out of the conference room, only to be cut off by Dr. Smyth.

"Oh, Kiddies. I wanted to thank you, Mrs. King, for the candy
Saturday. It was . . . how should I say this . . . Ah, yes, it was
enligh—"

Francine rushed into the room interrupting him. "Dr. Smyth. The
president on line one."

He waved off Lee and Amanda as he reached for the phone.

Lee grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the room, they looked at
each other and spoke in unison.

"Oh my gosh!"

The End