- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: Don't own these characters but I wish I did. The characters belong to Warner Brothers and Shoot the Moon productions.
Amanda awoke early and decided to get a head start on the day.
Although she and Lee were off for a long awaited three-day weekend,
there were still chores that needed to be done. Since the boys were
with Joe, she decided that she would start by giving their room a
good cleaning. Lee was still asleep; the stakeout he was on turned
into a full-scale scramble and it was almost midnight by the time he
arrived home.

Amanda smiled as she remembered the events of last night. She was
busy working in her sewing room by the time Lee arrived home.
Actually, it wasn't really a room – more like an alcove where
is had her sewing machine set up along with a small table she used
for cutting out patterns. She had tried to go to bed but found she
couldn't sleep. She was worried about him, especially since she was
unable to be with him on this stakeout. Joe was scheduled to pick up
the boys after dinner and Dotty had to get to the train station by
seven. She heard Lee's soft footfalls as he trudged up the stairs.
First he paused at the door to their bedroom and when he found it
dark, he thought she might be asleep. Then he noticed the light
coming from the sewing room. She could see the exhaustion on his
face when he entered the room.

"Hey stranger, how'd it go?" she asked rising to embrace him.

"Hmm," he muttered as he leaned forward to taste her lips. "Fine,"
he sighed, "it just took longer than expected. A whole lot longer."

"Well, you're here now and that's all that matters," she said as she
kissed him. She deepened the kiss and felt his arms tighten around
her.

He pulled back to stare into her eyes. "It seems you missed me, Mrs.
Stetson," he laughed.

"Always." "Have you eaten? Are you hungry? Do you want me to make
you something to eat? I saved a plate of leftovers for you. It will
just take a minute to warm them up."

Lee reached up and placed two fingers on her lips. "Right now, all I
want is a shower. Then, Mrs. Stetson, I think we have a three-day
weekend ahead of us. I, for one, think it's about time for us to
share some under-cover activity of our own," he smiled gleefully
wiggling his eyebrows.

She laughed at him as she kissed the fingers still on her lips. "You
go on ahead and I'll just clean up in here."

"Okay, but don't be too long. Time's a wastin', woman!" he said as
he headed into their bedroom to shower, leaving her with a quick peck
on the cheek.

Amanda set about straightening the room before she headed out. It
had taken her longer than expected to finish the hem on a new pair of
slacks but she wanted to be able to wear them with the new sweater
Lee recently purchased for her.

When she finally entered their bedroom, Lee was turning back the
covers on the bed. "Care to join me?" he asked as he
motioned to the bed.

"I'd love to, but give me a minute to ..ah..freshen up."

"Believe me, I'm not going anywhere," he said as he yawned.

By the time Amanda finished her shower, Lee was fast asleep. Knowing
how rough his week had been, she didn't have the heart to wake
him. `Oh well,' she thought to herself, `there's always tomorrow.'
She snuggled up next to him and soon joined him in slumber.

The next day

Amanda stripped each bed in the boys' room and placed the sheets
in the laundry hamper. Next she collected the towels from the
bathroom. It seemed that clean towels were a commodity in short
supply at 4247 Maplewood Drive. Now that Phillip was in high school,
he was obsessed with cleanliness, taking three or four showers a day,
which of course, demanded a change of clothes with each shower.
Amanda told him he was going to turn into a prune. Jamie assured her
it was only Phillip's feeble attempt to impress the girls.
`I just wish he spent that much time and energy on his school work,'
she sighed to herself.

She started the towels in the washer and then made herself
breakfast. She decided to let Lee sleep as late as he wanted since
he probably needed to catch up on several hours. She read the paper
as she ate breakfast. The washer finished and she placed the towels
in the dryer and started the sheets in the washer. Knowing that the
vacuum would wake Lee, she decided to do some baking instead.

She popped the poppy seed cake into the oven just as the dryer
finished its cycle. She was busy folding the towels when her sleepy-
eyed husband finally stumbled into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Lee. Did you sleep well?"

A grunt was all she received in response to her question. She knew
he would become more coherent as he began to fully wake up, so she
decided not to press him. She went back to folding the towels after
she placed the sheets into the dryer.

Lee was starting on his second cup of coffee when she entered the
kitchen. "Morning," he said in a deep voice. "Did you
slip me some knockout drops last night? The last thing I remember is
taking a shower," he asked as he set down the mug and slipped his arms
around her.

Laughing, she said, "Well, a handsome spy did promise me some
undercover work last night, so…."

"Amanda, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep on you
last night. I was just so tir.."

"Shh, it's okay, I understand. Do you want some breakfast?
I'd be happy to fix you something."

He leaned in to capture her lips as he replied, "Yeah, I want
something to eat." Amanda turned toward the frig, but he held
her in place. "I want you," he said seductively.

"Well, while that's very flattering, it's not very
nutritious. How about some pancakes or an omelet?"

He nibbled on the soft skin of her neck while she recited the
breakfast menu. "Mmmm," was his only reply.

The buzzer on the dryer sounded and she gently pulled away from him.
Laughing, she exclaimed, "Saved by the bell!"

"Maybe but only for now," he replied as he popped one of last
night's dinner rolls into his mouth. Filling his mug for the third
time, he settled down at the kitchen table with the paper. "So, Mrs.
Stetson, what's on tap for today? What domestic chores are needing
our attention?"

Folding the load of towels in the laundry, she spoke to him over her
shoulder. "Well, since the boys aren't here, I thought it
would be a good time to give their room a throughout cleaning."

"I thought the boys cleaned their room every week," he said
with a puzzled tone. "Isn't that one of their chores?"

Amanda put down the towel she was folding and turned to stand in the
doorway. "Lee," she said with one hand on her hip,
"these are teenagers we are talking about here. How much attention
do you think they pay to cleaning their room? They think
straightening the covers and creating a path by kicking things under
their beds constitutes cleaning their room. You know I taught them
better than that, but their not little boys any more."

Lee laughed as he nodded in agreement. Phillip was already taller
than Amanda and Jamie wasn't far behind. "Maybe we should
enlist the aid of the Colonel," he chuckled. "He certainly made me
tow the line. Why, by the time I was six, I could make a bed that
you could bounce a quarter off of."

Turning back to her task, she replied, "I'm glad to hear
that. I'll leave the bed making to you from now on."

"Amanda," he exclaimed when they both heard a commotion
outside.

"It's near ten and that's the Ferguson's dog. Must
be the mailman. Lee, would you mind getting the mail? Jamie is
expecting his pictures today and since it's raining outside, I don't
want them getting wet."

Lee headed to the front door, mindful of the steps. Stepping
outside, he gathered the mail and turned to re-enter the house when a
loud noise like a gunshot caught his attention. He ducked out of
habit and turned back toward the sound of the noise. Rising to his
full height, he saw the source of the noise, the neighborhood
renegade, sixteen-year old Jimmy Simmons, racing down the street in
his souped up pick truck. The truck was backfiring as Jimmy gunned
the engine.

Lee shook his head and muttered to himself, `damn kid. He's
gonna get himself killed in that thing if he doesn't learn to slow
down. There's too many kids in this neighborhood to be driving like
that.' His thoughts were still on the reckless teenage driver as he
took a step to cross the threshold into the house, but as he did, his
slipper caught and he stumbled forward. He quickly reached out to
grab on to anything to help right himself, but all he managed to do
was pitch the mail into thin air. Because he missed the first step
completely, his body pitched forward and he again reached out to gain
purchase. Instead, his arm hit the brass umbrella stand inside the
door. Having no options left, he did the only thing he could do. He
tucked and rolled, hoping to soften the blow but he tangled with the
scattered umbrellas. He managed to roll down the second step and
across the small landing before smacking his head and shoulder on the
opposite step.

Amanda placed the last of the towels in the basket and was about to
head upstairs when she heard the commotion at the front door. She
ran toward the front door, basket in hand, to see what had happened.
The site that greeted her was comical, to say the least. There in
the foyer lay her husband, arms and legs akimbo, with an open
umbrella between his legs and several envelopes scattered around.
Hearing Lee moan, she quickly snapped into action, setting down the
laundry basket and kneeling down beside her husband.

"Lee, are you alright?" She began to help him sit up as she
moved the scattered umbrellas out of the way and righted the now
severely dented umbrella stand.

"What in the world happened?" she asked as she carefully
studied him to make sure he was not seriously injured.

"Aww, it was that damned Simmons kid," he exclaimed harshly
as he ran his hand through his hair and then winced. "Oww, dammit,
that hurts."

"Lee, you're not making any sense. What about Jimmy
Simmons?" she asked as she examined the knot forming on the back of
his head.

Lee explained what happened as she helped him off the floor to sit on
the landing. "And you felt the need to punch out a poor
defenseless umbrella stand in the process?" she asked as a smile
tugged at the corner of her mouth.

"No," he gestured and flinched again as his shoulder burned.
Now he was more embarrassed than hurt. "It wasn't my fault. I was
trying to break my fall, not the umbrella stand. It was an innocent
bystander," he said shyly. "It's these damned steps, Amanda. I
mean, this is the craziest thing I have ever seen. Look at
this," he said, gathering a head of steam, "you come in the door and
go down three steps, then you take two steps and have to climb three
more steps up to this landing and then go back down again to get into
the kitchen. What kind of architect would design something like
this, the Marquis de Sade?"

Amanda chuckled listening to his tirade. "Lee" she said as
she stroked his arm in an effort to calm him, " it's not so
crazy. You're just not used to it because you never use the front
door."

"I do too," he offered in defense.

Amanda cocked her head and stared him in the eye. "Lee Stetson,
how long have you lived in this house?"

Lee looked at her not understanding where this question came
from. "Uh, about three months, why?"

"And before that, how long have you been coming to this
house?"

Lee was confused and shook his head thinking maybe he had hit his
head harder than he realized. Drawing his brows together, he
answered, "almost five years."

"Now in all that time, how many times have you used the front
door?"

"What?"

"Think about it, how many times?" She waited for him to
answer and then continued. "I think I can count on one hand the
number of times you have actually used the front door."

"That can't be right, I have.."

"No, Lee, every day you leave through the back door and every
night you come in through the back door."

"Well, that's because the car is parked in the driveway and
it's closer," he reasoned.

"You may think that, Stetson, but I think it's because
you're more comfortable with the back door." He hands began to move
caressingly across his back.

Lee blushed slightly. "Yeah, well, I guess I do have some pretty
good memories involving the backdoor and all our secret meetings.

She gently pressed his shoulders back forcing him to lie on the
landing. Reaching across him, she gathered two towels from the
laundry basket and placed them under his head. In a seductive voice,
she whispered, "Well then, I guess we'll have to create some
special memories here in the foyer so you'll have a better time
negotiating the stairs." She untied the belt of his robe and spread
it open revealing his well-muscled chest. Soon, her hands moved over
the firm flesh, teasing and caressing.

"Amanda," he sighed, "what are you doing?" he asked,
enjoying the feel of her hands flitting over his chest.

"Remember, I was a Bedside Bluebell. I `m making sure you
don't have any serious injuries." She placed a gentle kiss on the
corner of his mouth. Her lips trailed a path from his mouth to his
neck. She licked and nipped at the base of his throat.

"Oh," he said as his breath caught.

She spent several minutes exploring his chest, watching the rise and
fall with each breath he drew. Her hand dipped lower to his firm
abdomen. She allowed her fingers to trace a path down his belly and
up his side. Amanda's touch settled in and around his nipples.
First she stroked them with the pad of her fingertips and followed
that with the tender rasp of her fingernails. Slowly, she bent
forward and touched her tip of her tongue to the slightly swollen bud
of his left nipple. She swirled the tip around the tender flesh
before closing her lips around it and sucking lightly.

The sound of Lee's gasp brought a smile to her lips. On
occasion, she enjoyed being the one to initiate their lovemaking.
And, she enjoyed the power she felt that enabled her to turn her
strong, handsome husband into a mass of quivering male need.

Once again, her hand traveled lower, reaching the waistband of his
boxers. She slipped one finger, then two under the waistband. She
heard and felt Lee suck in a breath. Lifting the waistband slightly,
she purred, "It seems we have some swelling here. I may need to
examine this further," she said as she began pushing down the
boxers.

"Please, examine all you want," Lee whispered, no longer able
to find his voice.

Once the boxers were removed, she began a slow ascent up his legs.
Her hands touched and massaged his calves and thigh. Lee reached
behind him to grab another towel and tucked it under his head so he
could watch his beautiful wife's slow crawl up his body. She was
taking her dear, sweet time and the anticipation was driving him
crazy.

"Amanda, please," he uttered looking at her past his
throbbing member.

Finally, she was there and she brushed her hand lightly over his
heated flesh. Her touch caused his member to jump. She smiled and
touched him again, this time closing her fingers around him and
giving him a slight squeeze. She began to stroke him with a firm but
tender stroke.

"Oh God, Amanda, that feels so good." His eyes closed in
ecstasy and his head fell back on his makeshift pillow..

"I'm glad you like it," she said as she leaned forward to
taste him.

Once he felt her tongue on his manhood, his head shot up and his eyes
were wide. He watched as she licked her way up and down the length
of him. Her lips closed over him and she took him fully into her
mouth. He watched his penis slid in and out of her luscious mouth.
When her tongue swirled over the head of his penis, he could no
longer watch. His head fell back against his makeshift pillow and he
allowed himself to enjoy the exquisite pleasure his wife was so
expertly bestowing.

Amanda loved pleasuring Lee this way. She loved his reactions –
the way his breath caught when she gently sucked his length or the
way he moaned when she flicked her tongue over the sensitive bundle
of nerves just below the head. His sighs of exhilaration as she
dipped her tongue into the small slit, tasting his very essence gave
her great pleasure. She felt a wave of pure feminine satisfaction
knowing her ministrations were causing this reaction in him. Each
touch, each lick, each caress made the firm flesh grow even more.

She was so busy concentrating on her task that she was startled when
Lee slipped his hand into the wide leg of her running shorts and
began caressing her bare bottom. For a moment, she took delight in
his magical fingers. Soon, she decided to add her magical fingers to
her task as well. She began a soothing caress of his testicles,
alternating gentle strokes with soft squeezes. Her warm breath
washed over his glistening member.

"Manda, please, I.." he groaned as she slipped him into the
warm caverns of her mouth once again. Rallying all his control, he
barely whispered, "I need you now. I want to be inside you."

"That sounds like a very good idea," she smiled as she licked
her lips. She started to stand, but he reached out grabbing her
wrist.

"No, now," he pleaded.

She straddled him and he moved the thin material separating them to
the side and she guided him into her. Collectively, they sighed as
hot, moist flesh met turgid flesh. Lee thrust his hips as Amanda
lowered herself onto him. She took him in deeply and began to move
against him.

Quickly, Lee reached out to grasp her hips. "Give me a minute,
please." She had brought him so close to the edge with her mouth
that he knew he wouldn't be able to last very long and he wanted
to return to her the pleasure she had bestowed upon him. His hands
moved from her hips under the soft cotton of the T-shirt she wore.
He wasted no time in reaching her breasts, rolling each of the
nipples between his thumbs and fingers.

Amanda arched her back and began to grind her hips against him. Lee
moved his left hand to where their bodies were joined, stroking her
clit with the rhythmic motion of his fingers on her breast and the
rocking of his hips. They met each other stroke for stroke and Lee
knew he could hold back no longer. With one great surge, he exploded
inside her warm moist cavern.

Feeling Lee's release caused wave after wave of pleasure to
cascade throughout her body. Lee continued rocking his hips against
her as she rode out the orgasm and she collapsed into his arms. It
took several long minutes before their heartbeats began to slow and
their breathing return to a more normal rate.

Amanda couldn't have moved if she wanted to. She felt as limp as
a dishrag, draped over the warm body of her loving husband. Lee's
hands drew small, comforting circles across the slick skin of her
back. They enjoyed the shared intimacy without the need of spoken
words.

It was quite some time before either moved. Lee finally shifted
slightly under Amanda due to his awkward position. His arms
tightened around her as he spoke.

"Manda, that was…incredible!"

"Yeah, it was, wasn't it?" She leaned in to kiss him
soundly. Grinning at him with a wicked look in her eyes, she said,
"Speaking as your Bedside Bluebell, I think maybe you need to spend
the rest of the day in bed to recover from your accident."

"Oh yeah?"

"Uh huh," she replied as she climbed off him and stood.
Reaching out her hand to help him up, she asked, "So Lee, did we
create some special memories for the front door?"

Laughing he said, "Are you kidding? I think I may only use the
front door from now on. Every time I have to negotiate these crazy
stairs, I'll be remembering what we did here." He put his arm around
her and they started up the stairs together. Stopping, he pulled her
close and kissed her.

"On second thought, I think I'll stick to the back door,"
he said with a gleam in his eyes.

"Why?" she asked.

"Because," he reasoned, "if I have trouble with those stairs
normally, I'm liable to break my leg thinking about what just
took place there."

The end