- Text Size +

Drabble One:

She crept quietly into the kitchen. Her husband was there amid a mess of
baking paraphernalia. He looked adorable and very sexy with her frilly “Kiss the
Cook” apron tied over his business suite. She stood and watched for a
while.

She forced herself stop looking at his handsome face and looked around her
kitchen. There was only one way to describe the mess he made. Disaster.
Every surface was covered with flour and it would take her a week to clean
it all up.

Her eyes fell on the stack of already wrapped treats.

"Oh, William, I love you."

Drabble Two:  The Gift

This was tougher than he thought.  Picking out a present for his Dad. What do you get for a man as special as he is? Nothing he looked at seemed to express the amount love and respect he had for him.

There it was sitting in the back of the last shelf. It was perfect.

He took it home, wrapped it and placed it under the tree.

The presents were almost all opened. He handed his dad the gift.

Lee tore the paper off. "Oh Jamie, it's perfect." He showed everyone a blue t-shirt with "World's Greatest Dad" on it.

Drabble Three:

Lee approached the device with the respect reserved for a ticking bomb. He looked at it gathering his courage.

He would do this for Amanda. Hell, he would do anything for her—including this.

She would be so proud of him. Maybe even grant him a reward for this. The idea of his reward made him smile broadly.

A sigh escaped him as he picked up the receiver, dialed and waited for an answer.

"Hello Sir? It's me, Lee. I was wondering... if you would spend Christmas with us."

"You will! Amanda and I would be so pleased."

Lee disconnected and made a second call. “Amanda, the Colonel agreed to spend Christmas with us.”

A sly grin crossed his face as he listened. “Is that a promise? I’m on my way.”

Drabble Four:

Amanda bubbled over with excitement. She had the perfect gift for Lee. This was the first Christmas together as a married couple or so everyone believed.

The wrapping had to be special.  She changed paper three times. Finally it was done.

She hid it under the tree to save for last.

What a mess! The boys, Lee included, had torn paper all over the living room. All that was left was her gift for Lee.

She handed it to him with a bright "Merry Christmas, sweetheart."

He tore into it. Then just looked at her with tears in his eyes.

"Oh my gosh, we're having a baby."

Drabble Five:

Dottie leaned over and whispered in her sister’s ear. “Didn’t I tell you he was a hunk?”

Lillian could only nod her head in agreement. She couldn’t take her eyes off her niece. It was about time Amanda found someone that made her happy.

Her ex-husband, Joe, was nice enough but she just couldn’t see them together. It didn’t surprise her in the least when they got divorced.

Seeing the way Amanda and her young man looked at each other Lillian was certain wedding bells would be ringing soon.

Now if she could only think of something to keep Dottie occupied.  Her sister meant well but her meddling was overbearing sometimes.

An idea came to her, “Dottie, let’s go hang some more mistletoe. Give those two an excuse.” She winked at her sister and nodded in the direction of Lee and Amanda cuddling close together on the couch.

Drabble Six:

“What do you think is going on with those two?” Francine asked Billy as they watched Lee and Amanda giggle their way through the bullpen doors.

She turned to face him and she caught a glimpse of Ephraim Beaman hanging around the punch bowl. Francine groaned as he started to head in her direction. Not eager for a replay of Beaman’s usual Christmas antics, she picked up a stack of files lying on a nearby desk and made a hasty retreat.

Francine almost made it out the door when she heard Beaman call to her. “Oh, Franny, how about a little kiss for your cuddle bunny?”  The rest of the office all joined in, daring her to kiss Beaman. If she didn’t get out of there she was going to hurt someone—badly.

She tossed her hair over her shoulder and marched out of the office.

It was a long day and she was happy it was finally over. She placed her key in the door only to have it open from inside.

“Darling, you look beat. Why don’t you come in and sit down. I’ll pour you a nice glass of wine.”

The masculine voice was like a balm to her frazzled nerves. “Oh, Ephraim, sweetheart, that would be wonderful.” Francine plopped down on the couch and propped her feet on the coffee table. A wicked grin crossed her lips as she thought about they way she and Ephraim were fooling an entire agency of spies. No one even suspected they had been dating for almost a year now.

Keeping her feelings hidden was no small feat, especially when she had to watch Lee and Amanda all day. Those two were amateurs. Anyone with eyes could see they were an item.

“Here you go, darling. Shall we eat in or go out tonight?” Ephraim asked as he snuggled next to his beloved.

Francine gave him that kiss he asked for in the office, then one more. “Let’s stay in. We can order something later. Much later.”

END