- Text Size +
Drabble Challenge: Doesn’t That Waiter Look Familiar?

Lee and Amanda sat in the dark car and watched each employee enter the restaurant. They had reliable information that one of them was secretly recording customer’s business dealings and feeding the information to Cyclops.

"It's hard to believe that one of those nice young people is working for Cyclops. Some of them are just a few years older than Philip."

"I know Amanda. Maybe it's not one of the wait staff. It may be the owner or an outside person. Let's just see what we can find out."

"Lee, doesn’t that waiter look familiar?"

"I’ll kill him! Augg-giee" Lee yelled.

Sequel

"Look, I'm sorry Auggie blew your cover." Amanda tried to calm her partner down. He'd been ranting and raving for the past two hours. "At least we don't have to sit in the car anymore." She stroked his arm.

He let out a sigh, "You're right. You're always right." He gathered her close and gently brushed his lips along hers. "Now what can we do with all this free time?"

"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something. Let’s go home." She snuggled closer. "Lucky for us, Mother and the boys are out."

"Darling, Amanda, It's not luck. It's serendipity.

Here is my response to the challenge to write about a lesser known employee. I chose Mrs. Marston. I wasn't sure if they ever said what her first name was or if there was a Mr. Marston so I made them up. I hope you enjoy it.

"Hi honey, I'm home." Emma Marston called as she walked in the door of her small Maryland home. Placing her purse on the entry table she made her way to the small kitchen to find her husband, busily preparing their supper.

She gave him a quick kiss on the lips. "Did you miss me?" she asked as she placed the dishes around the table adding candles for a little romance.

"Of course, I missed you. How was your day?" came Dave's reply as he brought the lavish meal to the table.

"It was great. Amanda finally remembered the password today."

End