- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: Don't own these characters. Just like to add to or imagine with them, they still belong to Warner Brothers. Promise I will give them back when I am done playing.
Part 1

Lee enters his hotel room, and as he closes the door thinks to
himself, " I Thought I took care of rearranging Francince's Room,
leave it to the clerk to loose the reservation instead, and put her
not only on the same floor, but right next door to Amanda!". He
loosens his tie, and as he shakes his head,removes his jacket and
tosses it on the end of the bed.
" I can't get a break, no matter how I try." Lee sits down and the
table and starts to think, " Maybe I could just call Amanda and ask
her if she still wants that cup of coffee, Francine would never know
that I went back over to her room."
But he then realizes that the walls in this place are pretty thin and
she would probably here the voices, not that talking was what the
Scarecrow had in mind for this evening.

Normally on an overnight case, he and Amanda would portray a husband
and wife scenario but they were both in agreement this time that
sister and brother would be better. Ever since the Sacker case, Lee
had been letting his thoughts of him and Amanda wander more from the
Partnership/Friendship thing to the what if and more. Lee had
realized that his feelings for Amanda had grown very strong over the
last 3 years but was still unsure of where and what she felt. When
the Sacker case was over, he tried to justify his attempt at almost
kissing her as " Two Lonely People seeking a little warmth"
Only this time Amanda left the conversation open for more curiosity "
What exactly did she mean by not exactly" He had wondered that on and
off ever since she had said it.

They had wrapped things up early for this evening, Lee offered to
walk Amanda to her room
( which was no farther than across the hall) hoping that she would
invite him in, then they would be in her territory, even things out
just a little.Maybe have a chance to really talk,
or maybe more ?
When Amanda offered for him to come in for coffee, he thought maybe
she was interested in a little " Field Experience"
Lee smirked as he thought about that " We're talking Amanda King here
Stetson, she probably really meant coffee, who are you kidding!."

Lee got up from that table and started to pick the phone up, " I'm
sure she's done talking to he mother by now" but then he replaced the
phone in it's cradle. What if she was just being polite ?
Lee looked at his watch, and then started to undo his shirt, Lee was
now staring at himself in the mirror " You're a chicken when it comes
to Amanda, if this were any other women you would have had her half
way into bed in the amount of time you've taken just to think about
this" As he thinks about what he just said, he imagines Amanda
changing for bed. Lee pictures her slowly removing the blouse she was
wearing, in zipping he skirt and letting it flow to the ground.
Picturing her soft, firm body, just Amanda in her lingerie, He
stops, " What are you doing to yourself, man!" How do you expect to
sleep fantasizing about that women when she's right across the hall
from you"
Then he gets this crazy idea, " I could just pick the lock on her
door and sneek in her room!"
Yeah, right there will go everything that you have been hoping for,
what I need is a nice long
Cold!!! Shower. When this case is over I seriously have to figure out
how to change my relationship with Amanda. This is definitely not a
one nighter thing, but I have to take a chance on something if I am
ever gonna have some kind of a future with her. It would at lease be
nice to know if she wants the same thing I do."

With that Lee went to take his shower, hoping that he would stop
having these thought about Amanda, at least for tonight.

Meanwhile, in Amanda's room…………………………………

Part 2

Amanda is sitting on the bed talking with her Mother on the phone "
Yes mother, it's been very hectic, How are the boys behaving? " as
she listens………..Well, give them both a kiss for me and I should be
home tomorrow night.
I love you too mother, goodnight.

Amanda Hangs up the phone and sits back thinking, " Does Francine
have inside Radar ?" I can't believe she just ruined what could have
been a perfectly nice evening. I know I am always questioning Lee's
motives, but come on…………….
That joke about Field Experience….if that wasn't a lead in I don't
know what was. I don't think were ever gonna get it right."

With that Amanda rises and reaches into the closet for her night gown
and starts to head for the bathroom. As she runs the water for her
bath she starts to day dream about what Lee is doing right now. She
starts imagining him slowly removing his shirt and tie, and getting
comfortable for the evening. " He could have gotten very comfortable
in here with me, A nice cup of coffee, some small talk, no
interruptions…………..yeah no interruptions..maybe for once he would
show his true feelings" Amanda shuts the water off, removes her
clothes and slips into the nice warm bath. As she leans back in the
tub, her thoughts continue…….If he wasn't interested in more than
friends why would he want to spend more time with me than he already
has today. In my room no less, I could just imagine, we're sitting at
the table drinking our coffee, he leans over slowly and takes my
hand, he leads me over to the bed and we sit for a moment. Lee gently
leans in and kisses me, one of thoses sweet, soft kisses, that we
had, I know he would look to me for approval, and lean in for
another, this one more intense. He'll slowly place his arms around
me pulling me in closer. I would slowly wrap my arms around his neck,
God just the thought of his after shave and him being so close to me
makes me crazy………..I can just feel his hands slowly caressing my back
as I runs my fingers through that beautiful soft hair of his.
Eventually we would move our hands lower, Lee searching for the
buttons on my shirt as he slowly fingers them as he undoes one at a
time" …………………………

As Amanda's imagine starts to run away she slips down into the water
completely. Pulling herslf back up and shaking her head as if
bringing herself back into realty………Where am I going with this, she
thinks. Lee has made many overtone's lately but the truth be known,
he has not made one move, Lee Stetson is not a choir boy and if there
was any interest in me, he would have acted on it by now. Face it
Amanda, all it is with Lee is harmless flirtation…….he's never gonna
want a real relationship with a housewife with two kids. Even though
the fantasy is pretty great.
With that, Amada releases the water from the tub, and turns on the
shower.
" You don't need a warm bath Amanda, you need a cold shower"!!!!