- Text Size +
Story Notes:
These characters don’t belong to me. They belong to WB, and Shoot The Moon Productions.

Timeline: This is set in the middle of the third season, and breaks canon.
Lee surveyed the surroundings, scanning the remote wooded area, with eyes like a hawk. It was nearly dark when he pulled off the main highway, onto the dirt road. It was early November, but the weather was unusually cold for this time of year. He and Amanda were camped in rural West Virginia for the next three days, in search of Ronald Allen, a double agent, hiding in the nearby area. This assignment hit close to home for Lee, having trained the * agent * on the run. Six years ago when Ronald started with the agency he had successfully fooled everyone into believing that he was a young naïve new recruit. After several botched plans to bring Soviet defectors into the country went awry, Ronald became the main suspect. After several botched plans to bring Soviet defectors into the country went awry, all obvious Agents were cleared. That left Ronald as the main suspect, since he was one of the few remaining Agents who had a small part in each case. Being one step ahead of the Agency, he managed to flee the general vicinity on foot. Now two weeks later, reports of transmissions with the Russians were reported in Rural West Virginia.

After a thorough inspection of the wooded lot, Lee started unpacking the rented Jeep and followed Amanda into the cabin. The thought of spending a few nights with Amanda in a remote cabin hadn’t crossed Lee’s mind until he shut the door. The cozy living area was small and the bedroom, equipped with only a double bed, was clearly visible. The small kitchen was to the left of the cabin entrance, equipped with four cabinets, a sink, a refrigerator, and a small oven.

Amanda walked into the bedroom and took in the surroundings. The tiny bathroom was connected to the bedroom and only separated by a curtain. ‘Oh, my gosh,’ Amanda thought, very uncomfortable with the view in front of her. Trying not to let it affect her, Amanda put the thought out of her mind. She was here on assignment with Lee, and planned on acting like a professional. Yes, their relationship had grown over the past three years, but Lee had made it quite clear on several occasions that he was only interested in maintaining their friendship. Thoughts of the last assignment as husband and wife flashed before her eyes, as she remembered the annoyance and frustration evident on Lee’s face at the request of a rollaway bed. ‘I just need to take a deep breath, and remember to be a professional,’ she told herself.

“How are the accommodations?” Lee inquired, startling her back to reality.

After a moment of silence, Amanda cheerfully replied, “Everything looks just fine.”

“Good,” Lee replied, somewhat surprised by her reaction. It was noticeably obvious to him how small the rooms were, and he was sure Amanda would voice her concerns.

Amanda emerged from the bedroom rubbing her arms in an effort to warm up. “It’s so cold in here,” Amanda stated.

“I know, just give me a minute to get some wood and I’ll get a fire started,” Lee replied, looking directly into her eyes.

“Thank you, Lee,” Amanda spoke softly, unable to hide her prevalent smile.

Lee walked around the side of the cabin to gather some wood. Looking around the area, he was amazed at its beauty. The smell of the pine trees filled his senses. He almost forgot that he and Amanda were working on a case.

Slipping back into Agent mode, he kept a keen eye on their surrounding as he loaded up the logs in his arms. Personally training Ronald Allen, Lee knew he wouldn’t just give up and surrender. In order to successfully capture the double Agent, Lee realized he’d have to outsmart him.

After eating the chicken sandwiches that Amanda had thoughtfully packed for both of them, Lee went to stoke the fire. Thoughts were racing through his head, and he was unable to make them stop. ‘We’re going to share the bed,’ he thought. Normally that would be the last thing Lee Stetson worried about, but everything changed when he met Amanda. She was a beautiful smart mother of two who lived in the suburbs, yet unknowingly she’d transformed Lee into a different man, a better man. His last date had been over six months ago and even then, he couldn’t get Amanda off his mind. It was somehow easier for him to repress his feelings when they worked in a controlled environment. Now, he was really beginning to worry about his feelings and his actions. Lee shut his eyes, pushing those thoughts from his head. ‘I need to concentrate on the case,’ he told himself.

“Amanda,” he spoke cautiously. “I think we should get some rest. I want to hit the trails at the crack of dawn tomorrow,” he added.

“You go ahead, Lee. Let me clean up the dishes in the sink, and I’ll be right there,” she encouraged him.

Not quite sure why she had avoided the topic of their sleeping arrangement, he decided to throw it out there for her. “Okay, I’ll do that. By the way, I hope you don’t mind, but I…uh like the right side of the bed.” He clinched his jaw tight, ready for her reaction.

Amanda glanced over her shoulder, and met his gaze. “That’s fine, Lee. Actually, I prefer the left side of the bed anyway. It started when I was a little girl. I would set up all my dolls in bed, giving them all the room, and leaving myself this little space on the left hand side of my bed. Mother used to come in every morning, laughing when she saw the way I’d slept,” she rambled on.

‘I’m actually feeling better, now that she’s talking,’ he thought. Lee knew Amanda all to well, and the silent treatment could be just as big of a warning as the rambling.

“Goodnight, Amanda,” Lee smiled, the sincerity in his tone evident.

Amanda let out a sigh as he disappeared into the bedroom. Just the thought of his body that close made her heart race. She waited about twenty minutes before entering the room. She quietly took her toiletry bag into the bathroom and proceeded to change for bed. Not expecting such cramped sleeping accommodations, she had packed a rather risqué nightgown, not offering too much frontal coverage.

As images of her naked body filled his mind, Lee found it even more difficult to relax and get some sleep. He then made the mistake of turning toward the light coming from the bathroom. The thin material of the curtain divider did little to help matters. His eyes widened dramatically as he watched Amanda’s silhouette slowly remove her clothing in the most seductive matter he had ever witnessed. His breath caught in his throat as he viewed her side profile, nipples noticeably erect. Feeling his arousal grow by the second, Lee quickly turned away from the bathroom, focusing on the closet door. He decided not to close his eyes just yet, as images of her body continued to dance in his mind.

After her shower, Amanda emerged from the bathroom to find Lee sound asleep. She was relieved, but thoughts still traveled through her mind. ‘At least they could’ve equipped this place with a king or queen size bed,’ she thought with a frown. Looking over towards Lee’s side of the bed, the nightlight in the corner created a shadow illuminating his best attributes. He looked so peaceful, wrapped in the comforter, wearing a small smile upon his face. His eyelids were closed, and his arms were stretched out across his pillow, over his head. After reminding herself that placing a tender kiss on his lips was out of the question, Amanda quickly removed her robe, and quietly climbed into bed. The initial shock of the cold sheet forced her to turn onto her side, away from Lee, and curl up in the fetal position.

After several attempts to find a comfortable position in the lumpy bed, Amanda closed her eyes in slumber. Her body stiffened when a pair of familiar long arms enveloped her. She felt his warm breath against her neck, and the hard plane of Lee’s body pressed against her back. “Umm, goodnight,” he breathed against her ear, obviously half asleep. Amanda didn’t respond, but soon relaxed against him. It felt too wonderful, wrapped inside his strong, warm, arms and she wasn’t about to let it come to an end. She closed her eyes, fighting the urge to turn in his arms to pursue the feelings that he was creating. His soft kisses along the back of her neck, only made matters that much harder to control. She let out a small cough, trying to stifle it as best she could. She felt his grip tighten, and heard the unmistakable words whispered against her ear, “ I love you, Amanda.”

Amanda’s breath caught in her throat. ‘He just said he loved me,’ she needed to hear it again, even if it was only in her thoughts. Feeling her breath quicken, she mentally tried to relax, despite the butterflies now fluttering wildly within her stomach.

As the sun peeked through the bedroom window, Lee stirred in his sleep. The unconscious feeling of contentment overwhelmed his entire body, pulling him back into dreamland. Feeling something stir beside him, Lee flickered his lids, forcing himself to wake up. The sweet smell of Jasmine filled his nostrils and after moving his hands in a circular fashion, he realized he was caressing Amanda’s back. His first instinct was to ravish her with kisses, but reality sunk in and he realized that she might not react positively to that course of action.

Amanda stirred, pressing against the hard body next to her. The sense of familiar warmth heated her entire body. Unaware that she had turned in his arms, Amanda began to nuzzle his neck, using her nose as leverage to gain better access. The scent was unmistakably Lee’s, but Amanda was still not fully awake as she brought her hands around his neck arousing him further with soft gentle caresses.

Reality hit Lee like a freight train, however he wasn’t about to stop her actions. The sensations she was creating were erotic, electrifying, and overpowering. Lee tilted his head to one side, granting her better access to the sensitive part of his neck. This was an area that never seemed overly sensitive to him in the past, yet Amanda was doing a tremendous job of arousing him fully in her semi conscious state. Feeling his heart rate increase dramatically, he could no longer resist her. Lee wrapped both arms around her waist, pulling her up to eye level. He skillfully ran one hand up into her hair, pulling her face to his. “Come here,” he growled, capturing her lips with his own. The kiss was urgent and demanding, not gentle and delicate by far. His hungry lips devoured hers, his tongue demanding immediate access.

Amanda stiffened momentarily, taking in her surroundings. It only took a moment for her mind to register what was going on and she opened willingly, granting him access. The feeling of his lips on hers sent waves of excitement throughout her entire body, causing her to moan audibly. As instinct took over, she was laying atop his body, kissing him fully. Her hands were all over, one massaging his scalp, the other caressing the back of his neck. Her body molded to his as she sucked and nibbled on his tongue, flirting and teasing him endlessly with silent gestures. The kiss was broken when Amanda pulled back to inhale much needed oxygen.

Lee, now flushed from the passion mistook her gesture for air as reluctance. After regaining his own breath, he tried to speak, locked on the warm brown eyes above him with his own. “I’m sorry…..Amanda, I…” his words trailed off when he felt her soft delicate fingers on his chest.

Secure in the knowledge of his admission of love, Amanda smiled down at him while unbuttoning his pajama top. As each new patch of skin emerged, she caressed the smooth area with her fingertips. She nodded her head, silently telling him that words were not necessary. With a leg on either side of his waist, she removed his shirt completely, running her soft hands over the smooth surface of his tan chest. Stopping just above the elastic of his bottoms, Amanda looked into his eyes. The desire she saw reflected her own, changing his hazel eyes to a deep dark shade of blue. She sat up, lowering her head to kiss his eagerly awaiting lips. This time, the kiss was soft, building slowly, until once again, passion threatened to overtake them.

Taking control of the situation, Lee grabbed her by the forearms and flipped her beneath him. He sat atop her, carefully balancing, as not to crush her slim frame. Starting at her thighs, he ran his hands along the sides of her body, revealing her beautiful creamy skin beneath the nightgown. As he approached her ribcage, Amanda lifted her arms, encouraging him to remove the cotton garment. Slowly, he slid the fabric up and over her head, tossing it to the floor. Lee kissed her softly, finally able to feel the soft, supple skin against his own. He whispered, “I want you,” against her ear, cradling her trembling body.

A surge of excitement starting in the pit of her stomach traveled to her core, causing her to shiver in anticipation. “I want you too, Lee, so badly,” she murmured against his cheek, breathing in his unique scent. Amanda closed her eyes, feeling his gentle hands caress her body. She trusted him completely; well aware of the pleasure she was feeling, anticipating the ecstasy he would bring her. She felt his hands carefully remove her panties, and then he disappeared beneath the covers. His soft wet kisses started at the base of her feet, traveling up the calf of her leg, inner thigh and stomach, before coming to rest on her breasts.

‘God, she tastes exquisite,’ he thought, sucking and nipping on her right breast. His left hand was busy teasing the glistening breast his mouth had just left behind. The feeling of her hands all over his body only heightened his arousal level even more. His throbbing erection almost painfully reminded him of the need to fill her completely.

Clutching onto his hair while running her nails over his scalp, Amanda pulled him against her, encouraging him to take even more of her breast into the warmth and safety of his mouth. Her hands traveled lower, nudging the elastic band of his bottoms toward his feet. He stilled momentarily, shifting his weight to help remove both the bottoms and his boxers in one fluid motion.

Now on his knees between her legs, Lee took the opportunity to taste her sweet essence. He kissed her softly, exploring the new territory very slowly, savoring her sweet unique taste. It only took a moment for him to clamp down on her pleasure spot, suckling very gently, while invading her hot, moist core with his finger. All he could do was place a hand on her hip in effort to keep her in place.

Amanda bucked wildly; reeling from the pleasure he was giving her. She cried out, “Lee,” begging him to continue. Her hands, now clawing at his scalp as he continued his ministrations, were trembling as wave after wave of delight coursed through her entire body.

Lee halted his actions all at once; afraid he took her over the edge. Luckily, he didn’t, so with a hand on either side of Amanda’s body, Lee crawled back up to meet her at eye level while dropping his weight atop her body. Reaching between them, he parted her folds and placed the tip of his manhood against her wet core. As he sunk into her, he gazed into her eyes, mouthing, “I love you.”

A tear slid down Amanda’s cheek, as she gasped in complete awe. The feeling of him filling her completely was as powerful as the declaration of his love. Finally finding her voice, she whispered,” I love you, too,” cradling his cheeks with her hands. She pulled him closer, kissing his lips as he continued to fill her again and again. All to quickly, Amanda’s legs began to quake as wave after wave of pleasure coursed throughout her entire body.

Feeling her body contract around him, Lee released himself thrusting into her fully over and over, until the last wave of pleasure forced him to collapse in exhaustion. He was careful not to crush Amanda with his weight, her body still trembling beneath his. Burying his head in the crook of her neck, he nuzzled her neck, softly blowing cool air against her hot skin.

The tingling sensation continued to course through her veins. Afraid to awake from complete ecstasy, Amanda held him tight, unwilling to allow any space between them.

Lee pulled back, looking down into Amanda’s loving eyes. “I…I don’t know how to describe how wonderful that was. I’ve never experienced that kind of intensity, or need before,” he poured his heart out.

Amanda’s smile warmed him through and through. “Just between you and me, it’s never been that way for me either. I’ve loved before, but not the way that I love you,” Amanda confessed, pulling him close.

After an hour of just holding one another, Lee was the first to arise. “I hate to do this, but we have to get going. I was supposed to check in over an hour ago. Billy’s probably wondering what the hell is going on.”

Amanda initially moaned at the loss, but slowly followed suit. “I hear you,” she replied.

While Amanda showered, Lee called Billy and sidestepped around the morning delay. They discussed the plan of action for the day, and set up a 4:30 p.m. check-in time.

After showering and eating a light breakfast, Lee and Amanda headed out with their backpacks in search of Mr. Allen. “You stay close to me, Amanda,” Lee instructed, reaching out to hold her hand.

“You can count on it,” Amanda replied, squeezing his hand for emphasis.

They walked through the wooded area for miles, finding no sign of Allen. “Lee, can we stop for just a minute so I can catch my breath?” Amanda gasped, holding her side.

“I’m sorry, Amanda. I didn’t even realize how far we’ve traveled. Sure, sit down and relax,” Lee suggested, pointing to a tree stump.

Amanda sat down heavily, letting out a long sigh. Looking around, she spotted a shiny metal contraption, off in the distance. “Lee, what’s that?” She asked, pointing it out to him.

Lee ran over to the area where Amanda had spotted the metal contraption. “What the hell is going on out here?” He asked aloud. “Amanda, stay back,” he insisted, looking at what appeared to be a satellite dish. Lee surmised that Allen must have been in constant contact with Russian intelligence, keeping them one step ahead of the defections at the Agency.

Lee walked around the general vicinity in search of Allen. He found no sign of him anywhere, and decided to call it a day.

“It’s clear, Amanda,” he announced.

Amanda came out of hiding to join him by the satellite. She did a careful inspection of the device, unsure of its importance.

“Lee, why would Ronald need a satellite out here? I mean he could contact the Russians by phone. This doesn’t make any sense,” she questioned.

“I think there’s a little bit more going on than we thought. Sure, he’s probably in close contact with them, but I think the satellite is for something a little more sophisticated,” he informed her. Lee disassembled the satellite, careful to leave it in the upright position.

Amanda stood staring, as thoughts raced through her mind. She saw Lee watching her out of the corner of her eye, and knew he wanted to know what she was thinking.

“What are you thinking?” Lee asked, all to familiar with Amanda’s look of concentration.

“Well, I’m just thinking how portable it looks, not to mention all the problems the DOD had with jammed frequencies on their last missile test. I’m wondering if Allen had anything to do with that. They never did pinpoint the problem, remember?” She reminded him.

Lee’s eyes darted back and forth, while he concentrated on her revelation. “That’s why you’re here with me. That’s a good theory, Amanda,” he commended her. “Now, I’ll just bet that he’ll be back here when he finds out it’s not transmitting a signal, so let’s head back to the cabin and fill Billy in on the situation.”

It took three hours to get back to the cabin. They both paid close attention, so they would be able to easily find the location of the device in the morning. Once inside, Lee called Billy, filling him in on the details. After a lengthy discussion, they agreed to an 8:00 a.m. check in for the next morning.

Lee walked into the kitchen to locate the wonderful aroma that was permeating throughout the small cabin. He carefully tiptoed over to the sink, sneaking up behind her placing both arms around her waist. “Ummm, what smells so good?” He inquired softly, breathing in her scent.

Amanda cocked her head to one side, giving him better access to her neck. Trying desperately to speak while he planted a series of kisses along her neck, Amanda finally responded, “I’m making ah some…steaks, with a baked potato on the side. I also made a fresh…salad,” she added, fighting to concentrate on the task at hand.

“That sounds wonderful, but I was referring to you,” he whispered seductively in her ear, before continuing to nibble on her neck.

Realizing that it wasn’t going to take too much more to forget about dinner altogether, Amanda tried to put some distance between them. “So, what does Billy have to say about all this?”

Lee playfully backed her into the corner as if he was the hunter, and she was his prey. “Billy wants us to search the area tomorrow, and he’s establishing a team to meet us near the site,” he replied, pressing his body against hers. “Now, where were we?”

“I’m..trying to finish making the salad,” Amanda countered, hiding the smile that was threatening to emerge.

Throwing up his hands in defeat, he planted a gentle kiss upon her lips. “Okay, you win, but just for now,” he threatened, backing away.

After dinner, Amanda cleaned up the dishes. Lee stoked the fire, which warmed the cottage very nicely.

“I’m going to get a shower, Lee. I won’t be long,” she promised.

Lee stared for a moment almost reading her thoughts. “You won’t be long, huh? Now where have I heard that before?” He playfully teased.

Amanda shook her head back and forth before retreating to the bathroom. She took a long look in the mirror, studying her reflection. ‘I can’t believe it. Finally after all this time, we both admitted our love for each other,’ she thought, while watching her smile widen. Even though she was exhausted from walking all day, the revelation of the love they finally admitted for one another revitalized her. Slowly she removed her clothing, and stepped into the shower.

Reaching for the soap, Amanda shrieked when she felt warm skin next to her. She opened her eyes to find Lee standing there naked.

“I’m..uh,sorry, Amanda. I didn’t mean to scare you, I just wanted to know if you wanted some company, that’s all,” he replied, rather flustered.

It took a minute for Amanda to catch her breath. “No, I don’t mind at all,” she replied. “I just need to shampoo my…..” she added, before interrupted.

“Here, let me,” Lee finished, lathering the shampoo in his hands. He gently worked the shampoo into her hair, massaging her scalp. Her body relaxed against him, causing an immediate reaction. His hands slid down to her shoulders, using his fingers to dissolve the tension in her back. As Lee massaged her body, carefully working the soap into lather, his hands stopped to tease her nipples.

Amanda sighed, enjoying the feel of his large skillful hands caressing her breasts. She couldn’t remember ever feeling so aroused by another. Feeling his hot breath against her ear, Amanda lifted her arms over her head, wrapping them around his neck. Scraping her nails along his scalp, Amanda seductively wiggled her hips, intent on teasing him before pleasing him. Her smile widened, hearing him gasp at the sensations she was creating. She felt his hands everywhere, yet she couldn’t pinpoint his destination as he lathered the remainder of her body. As she rinsed the shampoo and soap from her body, Amanda turned to face Lee, taking the slippery bar to begin working on him. Starting at his shoulders, she gently applied the bubbly lather, massaging his triceps and biceps before heading to his chest. With deliberate slowness, Amanda ran her soapy hands down his chest, rolling his nipples between her thumb and forefinger. She continued on, stroking his penis and testicles. When she finished his entire body, and shampooed his hair, she changed positions, allowing him to rinse off.

Free of all soap and shampoo, Lee pulled her against his body. As he pressed his lips against hers, he placed one hand between them, locating her pleasure spot. His name on her lips verified that he’d found the correct spot. He continued to kiss her, teasing her bottom lip with his tongue. When she opened for him, he sought out her tongue and gently sucked on it. Her breathing was now out of control, as he continued to stroke her. Feeling her legs begin to buckle, Lee placed a hand on either side of her waist, lifting her body against his. He pressed the tip of his manhood against her opening, and she wrapped both legs around his wet slippery body, locking her heels in the small of his back. Holding her with one arm, Lee placed the other hand flat against the wall as he thrust into her fully, eliciting a scream from her.

Amanda wrapped her arms around his neck, throwing her head back in ecstasy. She felt his wet kisses along the column of her neck and she called out, “L.e..e,” as he continued to powerfully thrust into her over and over again. Within moments, her body began to spasm, so she squeezed her thighs, encouraging him to join her.

Aware of the situation at hand, Lee let go, clutching onto her shoulders while filling her with his offering. He moaned in a deep husky voice, “Amanda, I love you.” For a short time afterwards, he held her body against him, while they struggled to catch their breath. He then placed her back on her feet, offering his hand as she stepped out of the shower.

After drying off completely, Amanda stood up smiling into his eyes. All the love and devotion she harbored for him was clearly reflected back in his eyes. Without saying a word, she went to him, wrapping her arms around him.

“I never knew it could be like this,” she murmured.

“Neither did I, Amanda. I don’t ever want to let you go,” he softy replied, his voice cracking with emotion

Lee closed his eyes, content, holding the woman he loved. Finally, he found a love he never knew he was searching for or needed. He scooped her naked body up into his arms and carried her to the bed. This time, he covered her body with his own, in no particular rush. Rediscovering her body, he kissed her from head to toe, memorizing every inch. He took his time making love to her all night long.

When the sun arose, Amanda was the first to open her eyes. Taking in her surroundings, she felt Lee’s warm smooth chest against her cheek. Sliding up his body, she placed a soft kiss on his lips, encouraging him to wake up.

“Morning beautiful,” Lee groggily uttered. He took a deep breath, pulling her on top of him completely. “I love you,” he spoke slowly, emphasizing each word.

Amanda felt like she was in heaven. Every time he spoke those three meaningful words butterflies danced throughout her belly. After spending three years with this man, finally he was able to tell her how he felt without caution or hesitation. Feeling the wetness welling up in her eyes, Amanda spoke before the tears of joy erupted.

“I love you too, Lee,” she replied, tracing the outline of his lips.

After breakfast, Lee called Billy, going over the itinerary for the day. It was agreed that a team of agents would meet them at 12:00 p.m., in the general area of the satellite.

In a repeat performance, Lee took Amanda’s hand and led her into the forest. Aware of the location, it only took 2 ½ hours to reach their destination. Spotting the satellite just ahead, Lee noticed something wasn’t quite right.

“Amanda, stay right here behind this tree,” he insisted.

Not quite sure of the situation, Amanda nodded, taking cover.

Lee drew his gun, cautiously approaching the satellite. It had been repaired and fully operational. As Lee prepared to once again dismantle the connection, he heard a chilling voice behind him.

“Don’t touch that, or I’ll kill the lady!”

Lee turned around very slowly to find Ronald Allen standing with a nine millimeter pointed at Amanda’s temple. Taking a deep breath, Lee tried to remain calm under the circumstances. “Let her go…let her go!” Lee demanded with his gun still trained on Allen. He looked at Amanda, her trusting eyes fixated on him. He could tell she was frightened, but she remained very still.

“Drop it, Lee, or she’s dead,” Ronald hissed, pushing it against her scalp. He had his free arm wrapped around her upper body, his knuckles white from the pressure he was putting on her forearm.

Amanda winced, the pressure on her arm throbbing as Allen latched on even tighter. As scared as she was, she certainly didn’t want Lee to see it. Taking a deep breath, she smiled slightly, silently telling him that she was okay.

Lee reluctantly lowered his gun, fearing for Amanda’s safety. He opened his hand and the gun fell into the leaves. Both men stood glaring at one another, almost waiting for the opportunity to strike.

“Kick it over here, now!” Ronald demanded, poking Amanda with his gun.

“Come on, Ron. None of this is necessary. She has nothing to do with this. Let her go,” Lee spoke softly, trying not to agitate him.

“Shut up! You always did talk too much, Scarecrow,” he replied, reaching down to retrieve Lee’s weapon.

Amanda waited until Allen crouched down to pick up the gun, before kneeing him in the face. Allen immediately fell to the ground, grasping onto Amanda’s ankle. Unable to break the fall, Amanda also went down, face first, hitting her head on a large rock.

By the time Allen hit the ground, Lee was already on top of him. Rage had filled Lee’s body and he continually pounded on the man until he was unconscious. After realization set in, Lee looked over to find Amanda face down in the leaves.

“Amanda! Amanda,” he yelled, carefully turning her lifeless body. “Oh my God,” he screamed, wiping the blood off of her forehead. Out of the corner of his eye, Lee saw her blood on the rock. “Talk to me, please,” he begged, caressing her face.

“Le..e…,” she responded, her voice barely above a whisper. Amanda fluttered her eyelids, trying to focus on him.

“Thank god,” Lee sighed, overjoyed that she’d responded. He cradled her body in his arms, careful to keep her still. Lee heard the rustling of leaves in the distance, and grabbed his gun. He let out a sigh of relief when he spotted the other Agents.

“He’s right over here,” Lee hollered, pointing to Allen’s body.

The Agents rushed over and cuffed him before taking him away. “Do you want me to call for backup?” Agent Donaldson asked, looking over at Amanda.

“No, just get me a stretcher, so I can get her back to my truck. You’ll never be able to get a chopper in here. Don’t worry, she’s conscious,” Lee informed the young Agent.

After wrapping her head, Lee led the way back to the cabin. He loaded Amanda into the jeep, and headed to the closest hospital. After she received 5 stitches in her forehead, the Doctor kept her there for observation for a few hours.

The ride back from the hospital was a quiet one. It was after 9:00 p.m., and Lee knew they would probably camp out for another night. Refusing to let her walk on her own, Lee carried her into the cabin, laying her down on the bed.

“I’ll be right back. I just need to give Billy a call, and let him know we’ll be heading out tomorrow morning.” He placed a kiss on her cheek, before making the call.

“Billy, it’s Scarecrow.”

“Scarecrow, I heard what happened. Nice work. Agent Donaldson filled me in on all the details and Allen was definitely our mole. It looks like he’s facing 10-20 if he’s lucky. How’s Amanda doing? I heard she got hurt,” Billy questioned.

“We just got back to the cabin. She’s got a nice sized bump on her head, and some stitches too. I think it would be best if we stayed here tonight, and headed out tomorrow morning.”

“That sounds like a good idea,” Billy agreed. “I’ll see you two tomorrow. “

“Scarecrow out,” Lee replied, hanging up the phone.

Lee walked back into the bedroom to check on Amanda. She was already sound asleep on top of the covers. Lee went out to start a fire to warm the place up. Within a few minutes, the fire was crackling.

He tiptoed into the bedroom and took a quick shower. He left the curtain open so he could hear her if she called him. After he finished, he sat down on the edge of the bed to check on her. The doctor had reminded him to wake her every couple of hours.

“Amanda….Amanda,” he whispered, careful not to startle her. “That’s it, wake up,” he continued, rubbing the back of his hand against her cheek.

“What’s the matter?” Amanda questioned, looking around the room somewhat confused.

“Shh, nothing’s wrong. The doctor told me to wake you up every hour or two just to make sure you were okay. Now, are you hungry or thirsty? What can I do for you?” Lee offered.

“No, I’m just fine, Lee. What I really want is for you to just hold me,” Amanda replied, reaching out to caress his cheek.

Lee hovered over her, placing a gentle kiss on her lips. He stood up, carefully lifting her so he could cover her with the comforter. Lee climbed in bed beside her, wrapping both arms protectively around her waist. “Just between you and me, Amanda, I was really scared out there. You did a wonderful job,” he admitted.

Amanda gingerly turned her head to see his face. “Just between you and me, I was a little scared, too, until I looked into your eyes. I love you, Lee.”

Lee kissed her lips, fighting the urge to continue. He pulled back slowly; trailing butterfly kisses against her neck. “I love you, too, Amanda, and I don’t ever want to imagine my life without you in it. You’re mine, always.”

THE END