- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: These characters do not belong to me. They belong to WB and Shoot The Moon.

Timeline: Early third season. This story definitely breaks cannon!
Amanda wandered aimlessly across the beach, while dragging her bare feet through the sand. She sported a red one-piece suit that accentuated every curve of her slim figure. A matching floral sarong was tied to her waist. The smell of the salty air filled all of her senses. The water, crystal blue in color, stilled as evening approached. She found a remote location, and decided to sit and enjoy the beautiful sunset.

Her mind drifted back to the events leading up to this day. She and Lee had wrapped up their latest assignment. This hadn’t been an easy one for either of them. Their relationship in her mind seemed to be stuck in neutral, and that is not where she longed to be. Neither she nor Lee could deny the strong physical attraction they felt for one another, and this fact only heightened the tension between them both. The tears now flowed in a steady stream down her cheeks.

Lee had filled Amanda in on the details during the plane ride. As husband and wife, they had to share a room. That idea didn’t seem to bother either of them in the least, however Lee felt compelled to clarify the situation.

“I hope you realize this is a necessary step for our covers Amanda,” he tried to explain.

Amanda turned to meet his gaze. “I understand perfectly. It’s for our covers,” she reiterated. “Nothing more to it,” she added.

Lee let out a small sigh. “Right, nothing more to it.” He repeated her statement aloud, but wasn’t able to look her in the eye.

They arrived in sunny Florida on Friday afternoon. Their simple assignment consisted of portraying an influential married couple from upstate Maine. A Democratic convention was in town, and one of the candidates was receiving death threats. John Donaldson, a young lawyer from New York, was a key player in a case involving the mob. His informant divulged the names of several powerful government heavyweights that had direct mob ties.

They checked in at the hotel Oceanic under the assumed name Steadman. Lee put his hand in the small of her back, and led her to their room. The room was a magnificent array of several pastel colors. The flowers not only brightened, but also accentuated the decorated living space.

Amanda was immediately drawn to the view over Lee’s shoulder. She ran to open the sliding glass doors. “Oh my gosh Lee. Look at the view! We’re right on the beach,” she stated.

Lee walked over and stepped behind Amanda, placing his hands on her shoulders. “It is very beautiful,” he replied. Amanda was acutely aware of his close proximity, and stiffened momentarily before relaxing under his touch. She leaned back, relishing the closeness.

The fragrant scent of her hair overloaded his senses. Lee quickly put space between them. “I’m going to unpack and get ready for dinner. I’ll be out in fifteen minutes.”

Amanda was startled by his sudden actions. Every time she felt that their relationship was growing, Lee managed to throw her a curve ball. “Oh, okay Lee,” she responded, desperately trying to cover the disappointment she felt within.

Lee and Amanda enjoyed a wonderful dinner together. Amanda made a point to steal occasional glances in Lee’s direction. Something about his demeanor was troubling her. He appeared to be rather uptight, and she wasn’t sure how to fix the problem.

“Lee, is everything alright?” Amanda asked quietly.

Lee only managed to hear the sound of Amanda’s voice. He had no idea what she actually said. “What? I’m sorry Amanda, what were you saying?” He asked clearly startled.

Amanda placed her hand over his. “What’s the matter, Lee? You seem like you’re a thousand miles away,” she politely informed him.

Lee’s eyes fixated on their joined hands. Her touch felt so warm and invigorating. He smiled slightly, “I’m fine. I’m just thinking about the case Amanda. That’s all,” he reassured her, caressing her hand with his thumb.

Later in the evening, they danced a few slow waltzes, and decided to retire early. Never releasing her hand from his, he graciously led her to their room.

As they stepped into their room, Amanda turned to face him. She placed her right hand delicately on his chest. “Thank you for a wonderful evening Lee.”

Lee couldn’t help but smile at her beauty and charm. “Well thank you Mrs. Steadman,” he replied, while placing a gentle kiss upon her hand.

Amanda’s eyes widened considerably with his remark. “What’s next on our agenda?” She asked playfully.

Lee hesitated briefly before responding. His heart and soul wanted to eagerly respond to her question, but his mind quickly intervened. “Why don’t you stay here and relax. I need to take a walk downstairs and check out the layout for the party tomorrow.”

Lee could tell by her expression that she wasn’t fond of that idea. “Lee, why don’t I go and help you,” she suggested.

Lee put his hand up in defense. “I see that look in your eyes Amanda King.” He knew he’d have to do much better than that to convince her. She could always manage to convey a look of innocence, yet still flirtatiously bat her eyelashes most effectively. Lee turned away from her, not able to look into her eyes.

“I’ll be back in about an hour. I want you to stay here in case Billy calls,” he added.

Amanda turned away, headed toward the bedroom. She stopped abruptly. “Please be careful Lee,” she voiced her concern.

Lee smiled at her revealing his gorgeous dimples. He gave her a wink before nodding his head in response.

Amanda took the opportunity to shower and change into her nightgown. She put on her robe, and exited the bathroom. She glanced over at the king size bed, while letting out a long sigh. The thought of sleeping in the same bed with Lee made her very nervous, but she wasn’t about to make him aware of that fact. She was worried about her own behavior. She completely and wholeheartedly trusted Lee, and wanted to make sure he knew it.

After an hour had past, Amanda decided to go to bed. She opened the window slightly before retreating under the covers. Every time Amanda closed her eyes, she pictured Lee lying beside her. She tossed and turned for a while before finally falling asleep.

Lee checked the reception room very thoroughly. He made a point of deliberately taking his time. He wanted to be sure Amanda was in bed when he returned to the room. She managed to invade his thoughts and dreams on a regular basis. He was surprised that she didn’t voice her concerns about the sleeping arrangements, but that only made him worry even more. ‘She must really trust me. God, I hope I trust myself,’ he thought.

Lee returned to the room to find Amanda sound asleep in bed. Somewhat reassured, he made his way to the bathroom to change for bed. After his shower, Lee changed into a matching set of blue pajamas. He took a deep breath before exiting the room. He stopped just short of the bed to find Amanda asleep on her side, facing his direction. He couldn’t help but smile at her beauty. She was snuggled protectively under the comforter, and her face was the only part sticking out. Her long lashes lay across her cheeks, and appeared to be slightly smiling in her sleep. Lee reached over and gently caressed her cheek, causing her to snuggle against his hand.

A warm tingling sensation coursed through his entire body, causing a sharp intake of breath. Lee gently removed his hand and slid his body under the covers. He decided to turn his back toward Amanda. As he lay staring at the ceiling, he couldn’t help but smell the sweet fragrance of Amanda permeating his nostrils. Lee closed his eyes, and tried to stay focused on the case.

As the morning sun shone through the window, Amanda began to stir. She felt a warm heavy presence wrapped around her. Without opening her eyes, Amanda struggled to stretch her lower limbs, which were intertwined with Lee’s legs. She then began wiggling her fingers, which came into contact with a hard, smooth surface. She opened her eyes to the sound of “ummm Amanda.”

Lee hadn’t fully awakened when he called out her name. He felt the soft, warm sensation of her hands across his chest, and pulled her against his body. He ran his face back and forth across her hair, inhaling her fragrant scent. “Shhh,” he whispered, as he felt her stiffening next to him.

Amanda cleared her throat in an attempt to find her voice. “Lee, are you awake?” she spoke softly.

Lee fluttered his eyes a few times before realizing where he was. He immediately disentangled himself, and rose from the bed. “Amanda, I..I’m really sorry,” he apologized.

Amanda sat up in the bed, covering herself with the comforter. “Lee, it’s alright. We must have huddled together last night. I left the window open, and it got chilly,” she comforted him.

Lee ran a nervous hand through his hair. He smiled slightly when he met her gaze. “Yea, that’s what I thought,” he convincingly tried to add. “What do you say we get dressed and go get some breakfast?” he suggested.

Amanda’s smile widened, as she nodded in agreement. “That sounds great.”

Later in the early afternoon, Amanda suggested going to the beach for a while. She reminded Lee that they didn’t have to make an appearance at the party until later that evening. Lee reluctantly agreed, while pictures of Amanda in a swimsuit flooded his senses.

Lee changed into a baggy pair of green trunks, a white tee shirt, and a pair of sandals. He grabbed two towels and waited for Amanda to change.

Lee eyed her from head to toe when she emerged from the bathroom. “Are you ready to go Lee? She asked cautiously, wondering what was bothering him.

Lee cleared his throat before responding. “Oh, uh, yea, lets go.” He escorted Amanda out the door, then let her lead the way. He walked a step behind her, nonchalantly admiring the view.

They frolicked in the water for at least an hour. At first, Lee was reluctant to go in, but Amanda coaxed him into it. They stayed for another hour, just enjoying the beautiful sunshine.

They headed back to the hotel to change for the evening. As they entered the lobby, Lee noticed a tall man, carrying a gym bag, enter the reception hall. He told Amanda to stay put while he checked it out.

Lee entered the hall, just moments behind the strange man. He noted the startled look on the strangers face. “Oh, is this where the reception is being held tonight?” Lee asked inquisitively.

The tall man shifted the bag behind his legs. He nervously responded, “yea, I think this is the place.”

As Lee approached the man, he kept a close eye on the bag. Every step he took, the man seemed to clutch the bag tighter against his legs. “Are you one of the candidates?” Lee pressed him for information.

Amanda had a very nervous feeling about the situation. She thought she could be of some assistance in the matter, and decided to help. She walked around to the side door entrance, and peeked in. She noticed the strange man put his hand behind his back, in an effort to grab something in his waist ban. She knew Lee couldn’t see it from his angle, and decided to create a distraction. She opened the door up forcefully, and came in yelling, “Is anyone in here?”

In only a few seconds, Lee watched the man pull out a gun and aim it at Amanda. He yelled out, “Amanda, on the ground!”

Before the man pulled the trigger, Lee lunged at him, and tackled him to the ground. He heard the shot fire, and prayed that she missed the bullet.

Lee continually beat the gunman, until Amanda pulled him off. “Lee, stop it! He’s unconscious,” she stated forcefully.

Lee stood up and took a few deep long breaths. He placed his hands on Amanda’s forearms, and checked her over. After a thorough inspection, he picked the man up and led him out to the authorities.

Amanda stood off to the side, while Lee briefed the police on the situation. He then called Billy, and filled him in on all the details. After he finished his call, he headed over to Amanda. “Lets go,” he stated in a serious tone.

They headed back to their room in silence. Amanda knew he was very angry, but didn’t fully understand exactly why he was so stressed.

Once inside the room, Amanda tried to speak. “Lee, I just…” her words abruptly stopped

“No, save it Amanda,” he interrupted. “You could have……why in God’s name didn’t you do what you were told? Huh? You never do what you’re told,” he hissed.

Amanda was startled by his reaction. “Lee, I’m sorry. I thought I could create a distraction….” Her words were interrupted again.

“Sorry? You’re sorry? No, I’m the one who’s sorry,” he yelled. Without even thinking about his next statement he flew into a rage. “I’m sorry I ever handed you that damn package at the train station!”

Amanda could only gasp at his words. She had never seen him act like this before. Her entire body began to shake, and she desperately tried to recover. She did her best to blink back the tears that threatened to emerge before responding. “Well, you don’t have to be sorry anymore,” she shakily replied. “Goodbye Lee,” she uttered while one lonely tear fell down her cheek.

By the time Lee realized exactly what had happened, Amanda was already in the elevator frantically pushing the down button. “Amanda! Amanda,” he yelled, but she ignored his pleas, and the doors finally closed.

She made a beeline out of the elevator, and headed for the beach. She ran down the beach in an attempt to get as far away from Lee Stetson as possible. By the time she finally stopped, there was nobody in sight. She slowed down to a nice casual pace, and continued walking. Amanda could barely see the sand in front of her, as the tears streamed down her face. This was the final straw, and she could no longer take it any more. She struggled to think of way to get Lee out of her heart.

Lee could wait no longer. He noted that the elevator stopped at the lobby, before taking several long strides to the stairwell. As he descended each flight of steps, his mind kept replaying his last statement, over and over again. He finally reached the bottom floor, and surveyed his surroundings. He scanned gift shops, the dinning area, and several restrooms, without finding any trace of Amanda. It was becoming difficult for him to breathe, as he continued his frantic search. After searching the entire lobby, he decided to search the beach. ‘What the hell have I done? She’s never going to forgive me. God, I’d do anything to take back what I said,’ he chastised himself.

“Amanda! Amanda,” he called out desperately, without hearing a response. Lee continued walking down the beach, further and further away from any people or buildings. The sun was beginning to set, and he wanted to find her before dusk.

Amanda sat in the sand with her head down in her lap. Her feet were firmly planted into the sand. Amanda thought she heard a voice in the distance. She turned to locate the sound, but was unsuccessful in locating the noise. It was nearly dusk, and visibility was decreasing by the minute. Again, Amanda heard someone calling her name. She stood up to get a better look, and noticed a tall figure approaching.

Lee immediately recognized her from a distance. “Amanda! Amanda, please answer me,” he pleaded desperately.

Amanda didn’t bother to wipe away the obvious tears that had soaked her face. She stood completely expressionless as Lee closed the gap between them.

Lee reached out to touch her, but Amanda lunged backwards. “Oh, thank god you’re here Amanda. I’ve been looking everywhere for you,” he confessed.

She remained still, without uttering a sound. She refused to look him in the eye, settling for a spot between his feet.

Lee tried once again to approach her. “Please Amanda, please talk to me,” he begged. “I know I was a complete jerk back at the hotel, but all I can do now is beg for your forgiveness. Look at me Amanda! He shook her shoulders for emphasis. When she finally snapped out of her daze and met his eyes, he pleaded once again. “Amanda, forgive me?” he asked in a shaky voice.

Amanda jerked her body away from him forcefully. “No Lee,” she yelled, while shaking her head back and forth. “No more!” She looked at him, only for a second, and realized he wasn’t about to let her go. Amanda did a quick pivot maneuver, and began running away from him.

Lee was unable to move momentarily. He was taken aback by her sudden actions. Never, had he seen her behave like this, and it scared him terribly. “Amanda! Amanda,” he yelled before taking off after her. Her short steps were no match for his longer strides, and he quickly closed the distance between them. He reached out and grabbed her wrists, causing them both to fall onto their knees.

A powerful surge of electricity coursed through his entire body, as he knelt in front of her. Lee had a firm grasp on her wrists, and showed no outward sign of letting go anytime soon. They stared intently at one another for one brief moment. Lee wasn’t exactly sure of her thoughts, but he did notice the surprised and confused expression on her face. His gaze traveled down to her mouth, as she struggled to catch her breath. Lee’s mind and body could no longer control the burning desire that set his soul afire. Without another thought, he leaned forward and captured her lips with a hungry, passionate kiss.

Amanda gasped audibility in surprise, followed by a meager attempt of a protest. She struggled momentarily to free her wrists, but Lee’s long fingers held them securely in place. As his mouth demanded entrance, she finally gave in to her own pent up emotions. She opened her mouth, granting his persistent tongue full access.

Lee let out a moan of delight, upon entering her mouth. His hands immediately released her wrists, in an attempt to pull her closer. He, in turn, felt her arms slide up and around his neck. Lee strategically placed his left hand into Amanda’s hair, and turned her head to meet his demanding mouth. He latched on to her tongue, gently nibbling and sucking on the very tip. As the heated kiss continued, Lee’s right hand wandered down her back and came to rest upon her bottom. He felt the sharp intake of breath against his chest, as he pulled her against his arousal.

By the time Amanda opened her eyes, she was lying in the sand on her back. Lee broke the kiss to catch his breath. She could feel his hot breath against her mouth, as he fought for some control.

Lee gazed into her dark brown eyes. His chest was still heaving up and down against her body, causing her to quiver in anticipation. He noted the same look of want and desire quite evident in her eyes. He lowered his head to kiss her once more, before working his way down her neck. Each kiss he placed upon the column of her neck was followed by the soft sound of his voice murmuring, “I love you.”

Amanda’s breath quickened with every kiss and revelation that he willingly offered. All of her doubts and fears subsided with just one kiss. She truly loved Lee, and was ready and willing to show him just what he meant to her. As his hot kisses traveled down her throat, she called out his name in sweet ecstasy.

Lee felt a twinge of excitement course throughout his body, as Amanda ran her nails along his scalp. He began edging the straps of Amanda’s suit off of her shoulders, in an attempt to kiss the sweet softness of her chest. He was pleasantly surprised when she arched her back, giving him the advantage. When her breasts emerged before his eyes, he took a moment to admire them before plunging down to taste them. His large hands traveled down her chest, stopping only to cup them in his hands. Lee looked up to meet her eyes. They locked on one another for a long moment before he finally spoke. “You’re so beautiful,” he murmured in loving admiration.

Amanda smiled shyly, and took a deep breath in and held it. She ran her hand softly against his cheek and whispered, “I love you Lee.” She held his gaze, while slowly urging his tee shirt up and off of his body. She watched him close his eyes and release a low guttural moan, when she ran her fingers up and down his bare smooth chest.

Lee untied the sarong from Amanda’s waist, and carefully slid the red suit off of her body. He stood up briefly and removed his trunks in one fluid motion. He knelt down beside Amanda, and ran his hands across the soft contours of her body.

Amanda ran one hand through Lee’s soft hair, while the other investigated his body. Her fingers slide down Lee’s chest, and stopped momentarily at his abdomen. She felt his muscles tighten when her fingers came into contact with his rock hard member. She gently rubbed up and down along the shaft, stopping only to encircle his tip with a light touch.

A deep moan escaped Lee’s lips, and his body lunged toward her hand. He laid his hand over hers, silently stopping any further movements with his gesture.

Lee positioned himself atop of her, and began kissing her feverishly. His mouth quickly found her breasts, and he began sucking and gently biting her taut nipples. He swirled his tongue around the center, willing them to rise. He engulfed her fully, stopping only to kiss his way to her twin. Lee felt her body arch against him, giving more of herself to his hungry demands.

Amanda pulled him from his quest, and forced him to meet her eye to eye. His eyes once a hazel-blue color, were now fiery green with passion. She pulled him down, and planted a wet passionate kiss upon his lips. Amanda reveled in the feeling of his hands urgently running up and down the sides of her body.

Without breaking their kiss, Lee’s left hand gently nudged her legs apart. He ran his fingers lightly over her wet center, and stroked it delicately. He heard Amanda cry out his name when he pressed the tip against her core. Desire overtook his body, as he plunged into her fully, eliciting a moan of pleasure from Amanda’s lips.

Amanda closed her eyes, in the hope of slowing down the orgasm that threatened to rise to the surface. She wrapped her legs around Lee’s back, and urged him to plunge into her even deeper. Her body cried out to him, begging him to take all she had to give. She bucked her hips against him, forcing him to pick up the pace dramatically. Her legs began to shake violently as she neared the very edge of the cliff. “Lee! Lee,” she repeatedly moaned over and over. Her muscles tightened around his manhood, extracting all he had to give.

The sound of his name on her lips forced Lee over the edge. Goosebumps covered his entire body, as he thrust into her over and over again. He covered her mouth with his own, as he filled her with all the love that flowed through his body. When the spasms subsided, both he and she were trembling in each other’s arms.

Lee pulled back slightly and brushed the hair away from Amanda’s flushed face. When he tried to speak, the words just weren’t there. He was content just to look into her beautiful eyes. He smiled slightly, and caressed her cheek.

Amanda turned her face against his hand. “Lee, I…” she whispered before he interrupted her.

“Please don’t say anything. Not yet,” he pleaded. “I owe you an explanation. I also owe you an apology. Lee reluctantly withdrew, as not to crush her with his weight. He turned on his side to continue their conversation. “Amanda, I truly apologize for what I said earlier. I don’t know what I was thinking: Yes I do,” he declared. “That bullet could have easily hit you. I could have lost…lost you in there,” he admitted.

Amanda brushed her hand across his face. “It’s alright Lee. You didn’t lose me, and you never will. I love you so much,” she confided. “I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you Lee. I wasn’t even thinking about my own safety. I owe you an apology too,” she confessed.

He reached out to caress her body. Lee’s hand traveled up to gently cup Amanda’s cheek, while his thumb brushed across her lips. “I…I hurt you,” he painfully reminded her. “I didn’t mean it Amanda. The last thing I ever wanted to do was hurt you,” he stressed.

Amanda smiled, while shaking her head in agreement. “Shhh, lets not talk about it anymore. I do forgive you Lee, and I really do understand,” she assured him.

A light breeze blew, causing her to shiver. Lee stood up and pulled Amanda to her feet. “Come on. It’s getting chilly out here. Let’s go back to our room,” he eagerly suggested.

After they dressed, he pulled Amanda into his arms and kissed her tenderly. He smiled in delight before whispering softly, “I love you Amanda, and I’ll never let you go.”

They strolled along the beach, heading back toward the hotel. They stopped periodically, just to hold and kiss one another. “I could just hold you like this forever,” Lee whispered in her ear.

Amanda let out a tiny giggle as he touched her ear with his hot breath. “That tickles. She put her head down against his chest, and snuggled tight.

Lee rubbed his hands up and down her bare arms. “Amanda, your cold!” Lee took off his shirt and handed it to her. “Here, put this on,” he insisted. “I need to get you inside.”

Amanda thought about resisting momentarily, but realized from the look in his eyes that he wasn’t about to take no for an answer. “Thank you Lee,” she murmured softly.

They picked up the pace and headed into the hotel. With the case wrapped up, Lee looked forward to spoiling her for one more night, without the interruptions of their work getting in the way.

Once inside their room, Lee turned her into his arms. “Come over here and let me warm you up,” he whispered against her mouth before covering her lips with his own.

“Lee,” was the only coherent word he heard when she pulled away. Amanda ran her hands across his bare chest, admiring the smooth skin under her fingertips.

A deep growl, rising from within, escaped his lips as she continued her exploration. She quickly took the lead and removed his trunks, discarding them on the floor.

Lee in turn, peeled the clothes off of her body, in an urgent attempt for skin-to-skin contact. He carried her to the bed where they made love throughout the night.

When dawn arrived, Amanda slowly opened her eyes, taking in her surroundings. She felt Lee’s strong arms protectively wrapped around her body. She never dreamed love could be this fulfilling. Amanda brushed her lips across his chest, placing tiny kisses here and there. She lifted her head, and was surprised to find Lee wide-awake, staring back. She had trouble trying to read his expression, noting the slight frown he tried to hide. “Morning Lee,” she happily greeted in a raspy voice.

He smiled slightly. “Good morning beautiful. Did you sleep well?” He asked in a flirtatious tone. His hands had already wandered beneath the sheet before she responded.

Amanda smiled flirtatiously. “Ummm. Very well, thank you.” Amanda propped herself up on both elbows, leaning on his chest. “So, what were you thinking about a few moments ago? You looked so serious. Is something wrong?” she asked inquisitively.

“No, nothing is wrong,” he assured her with a wink. “I was just thinking about yesterday, that’s all.”

Amanda placed her hand flat against his chest. “Lee, I told you the truth. I understand you were upset with me. I would have been just as upset if that had happened to you,” she tried to comfort him.

Lee shook his head back and forth. “No Amanda, I mean here in this room. You and me, and the….train station; meeting you was the best thing that ever happened to me! I couldn’t live without you, and I don’t want to be without you ever again,” he pleaded, while stroking her cheek. “You scared me yesterday. I nearly lost you.twice,” he reminded her, trying to hold back the tears.

Amanda slid up his body, and placed a tender kiss on his lips. “Don’t do this to yourself Lee. I’m right here, and I love you,” she stressed over and over again. “No more lies, no more pretending, and no more denying what we feel. I just want us to be together, now and forever,” she proclaimed.

THE END