- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: These characters do not belong to me. They belong to WB and Shoot The Moon Productions.

Timeline: This is an alternate filler scene for Ship Of Spies, in the second season. Breaks cannon.
Lee and Amanda could only stare at each other in utter shock and disbelief. Amanda felt a swarm of butterflies unleash themselves throughout her stomach. She reasoned the fact that she had been his wife on previous occasions, but this was going to be completely different. This was going to be a real kiss with Lee Stetson.

Lee’s mind was racing in somewhat similar circles. ‘ This is great, just great. Not only do we have to get married, but also I’m going to have to falsify the documents or something. I can’t really marry her. I mean I’m sure she’ll look beautiful and all but…what the heck am I thinking? This is just a cover,’ he reminded himself. Suddenly his eyes grew wide with discovery.

‘I’m going to have to kiss her. I’m going to have to really kiss her,’ he repeated it to himself. “Okay Stetson, no big deal. You’ve done this plenty of times. But why is it always different with her,” he asked himself.

Lee pulled himself out of his reverie to gauge Amanda’s reaction to the news. He found warm brown eyes boring into his own.

Lee cleared his throat. “Uh Amanda, are you sure you’re up for this?” he asked cautiously.

Amanda forced a slight smile. “Sure Lee. I’m sure everything will work out for the best.” She replied somewhat skeptical.

Lee kept her gaze. “You do realize we are going to have to uh, you know kiss,” he blurted out quickly. “I mean authenticity is of the utmost importance here,” he added.

Amanda shot him a look of curiosity. “What are you trying to get at Lee?”

“Well, I mean I know you and me have you know, kissed for cover…but I uh just want you to be prepared for tomorrow,” he mumbled while running his fingers through his hair.

“Oh, that. I really didn’t think about that part,” she admitted casually. “I’m sure everything will work out fine Lee, unless you’re worried about it.”

Lee was quick to respond. “I’m not worried. I just wondered if you’re worried?” He asked curiously while letting out a deep sigh.

“I’m just fine. I’m quite certain that I can….” That was all she managed to get out before Lee interrupted her.

“Look Amanda. I know you can do it. I just don’t want us to stand up there tomorrow with a look of hesitation written all over our faces. We’re getting married tomorrow!! I mean kind of, and everyone will be there. Even the bad guys will be closely scrutinizing us,” he reasoned.

Amanda put her head down to conceal her smirk. “Okay Lee. You win. What do you suggest that we do?”

“I thought maybe we could practice a little bit before the real thing. I mean we should just get a little more comfortable with the situation.”

Reality had just dawned on Amanda. ‘Oh my gosh, this could be quite interesting,’ she thought to herself. Amanda tried to convey a look of boredom and frustration. “What exactly do you want me to do?” She asked quietly.

Lee rubbed both his hands together. He tried to pretend he was warming up for a teaching lesson; all the while, he was ridding his hands of excess moisture. He found that his lips suddenly became very dry. After clearing his throat, he proceeded with his demonstration.

“Okay, tomorrow when he says you may kiss the bride, I’ll lift your veil, and uhhh just…..”

“Kiss me?” She interrupted with a slight sigh of frustration.

“Amanda! I was getting to that. I was just trying to make you feel comfortable,” he tried to convince himself more than her.

Amanda let out a small giggle. “I’m sorry Lee. Please, continue.”

Lee took a step closer and pretended to lift her veil. He decided it wasn’t in his best interest to look directly into her eyes. Her dark brown eyes were so warm and inviting, he was afraid he would get lost in the moment. He decided to focus on her lips. He realized that too could be a very serious problem. Her pink outlined lips looked scrumptious. He decided to cast his gaze upon her nose. He didn’t think he could get into any trouble there.

He gently placed both his arms just above her elbows. He slowly leaned in, with closed lids and placed a stiff hard peck upon her lips. He then pulled back abruptly.

Amanda opened her eyes in shock. “Is that it?” She asked quite skeptically.

Lee frowned slightly. “What do you mean is that it? I’m trying to be serious Amanda!”

Amanda let out a long deep laugh. When she regained her composure and looked into his eyes. He was not at all pleased. “I’m sorry Lee. I just thought, well, ohh never mind.”

“What? What did you think?” He demanded angrily.

Amanda lowered her voice just above a whisper. “I just thought with your steady array of female followers, that your kiss would be uh, I don’t know. What is the word I’m looking for here?” She brought one hand up to her face and placed it under her chin. She appeared to be in deep thought.

Lee’s eyebrows were bunched together in anger. “Well!”

Amanda thought it was time to finish the game. “Ah, noteworthy. That’s the word I was searching for,” she teased.

Lee found no humor in the situation. “Noteworthy? N-o-t-e-w-o-r-t-h-y? I’m sorry Amanda. I didn’t realize I was being tested here!”

Amanda contained her laugher as best she could. She rubbed his shoulder softly. “It’s okay Lee. I’m sure if you practice, you’ll get better.”

Lee’s breath was now coming in long ragged puffs. “Come here,” he growled.

He pulled her tightly against his body. A small sigh of surprise escaped her lips. Before she knew what was happening, he wrapped his arms around her waist and captured her lips in the most sensual and passionate kiss. He demanded immediate entry, and encountered no resistance.

Amanda could only hold on for dear life. She wrapped her arms snuggly around his neck. After several moments, she finally broke the kiss only to gasp for much needed air.

Lee’s chest was rising and falling quickly. He knew by her reaction what had just happened. He smiled slightly revealing his dimples. “How was that?” he whispered seductively into her ear.

Amanda placed her fingers on her burning lips. Her eyes were wide with amazement. She tested her voice with a quick cough. “Noteworthy!” she proclaimed.