- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer:

The characters of SMK are the property of Warner Brothers
and Shoot the Moon Productions.

Author's Note:

What if Lee confided in Billy about how he feels
about Amanda? This is a continuation of "All the World is a Stage" and before "Three Little Spies".

Billy's office:

Francine and Lee are meeting with Billy about some rumors that have
been circulating about the stolen detonators. Billy has noticed Lee
is not paying much attention to what is being said.

"Francine, why don't you see if you can get a list together of all
known arms dealers?" Billy asks.

"Yes, sir." Francine answered. She looks at Lee, who she has noticed
is acting like his mind is somewhere else. She gets up and leaves the office.

Lee is just sitting on the couch and seems to be miles away.

"Lee, did you check with some of your contacts?' Billy looks down at
the report in from of him. When Lee does not answer him, he looks
back up at him. "Lee?"

"What did you say, Billy?" Lee looks up and asks.

As Billy moves to the chair next to the couch he asks "Lee, what is
wrong?" "And don't say nothing, because the way you are acting says
differently." Billy watches his face.

There is a knock on the door. It is Amanda. Billy waves her in.
"Sir, I thought I would check with you and see if you needed me
anymore today?" Amanda smiles at Lee who has perked up since she
came into the room.

Lee starts smiling at her and stands up to greet her. He leans close
to her ear to whisper "Dinner tonight?" Amanda nods.

Billy watches little exchange between the two and thinks, "I do
believe I know what is wrong with Lee."

Billy answers, "No, Amanda, you can go on ahead and go."

Lee walks to the door with Amanda. She leaves.

"Scarecrow, stay for a few minutes." "I asked you a question a minute
ago, but I think I've already got the answer to that one." "Now
answer my next question." "Is there something going on between you
and Amanda?"

Billy waits while Lee looks at him and starts smiling.

"Billy, I really don't know for sure but I will say this, not yet."
Lee comments.

"In other words, you want something to happen." Billy grins and
thinks, "It's about time you admitted how you felt about that lady."

Lee answers him by saying "More than anything." answers Lee.

Billy asks, "Did you ever think about making something happen?"

"I have already started, but I'm trying to take it slow." he is
smiling slyly. Lee then turns to the door. When he gets to the door
he turns back around and says "But I will say this much, she and I
will be together one of these days. That is what I mean when I say
not yet."

Billy starts laughing as Lee goes out the door. He says aloud to
himself "Lee, not yet is sooner than you think." shaking his head.

At 4:00p.m, Lee calls Amanda to confirm the time for their date.

"Hello." answers Amanda.

"Hi, beautiful." "I just wanted to call and confirm the time I should
pick you up tonight. Is 7:00, alright?" Lee says.

Amanda smiles to herself. She has something planned.

"That is fine, Lee. Mother and the boys left this morning for a week
to spend time with Joe." She is chopping onions while she is talking.

Lee grins, "I'll be there."

Amanda hangs up and stands still thinking for a minute. All of a
sudden, she says aloud "I am going to do it." She stops what she
was doing which was fixing some pasta sauce so it could be put in
jars tomorrow. She goes up stairs to her bedroom closet and pulls
out a box. The dress that was in it her mother had bought for her
when she went to the beach last summer but Amanda had never worn it
because she thought it was kind of risqué. It was a black knee
length dress with two thin spaghetti straps made of pearls with the
cleavage being lower than what Amanda was use to. She decided to
wear her hair up but first she needed to put the rest of her plan
into action. Laying the dress on the bed, she heads back down to the
kitchen and puts everything up that she got out for the sauce and got
out two steaks and baked potatoes. Then she goes into the dining room and sets the table for two, putting candles on the table.

Amanda looks in the mirror at herself and then looks at the clock.
Lee will be here in 10 minutes. She starts smiling to herself and
says out loud "Lee, look out here I come."

At 7:00, the doorbell rings:

Lee is standing at the door as Amanda opens it. He has trouble
catching his breath when he sees Amanda. He thinks to himself "How
can I be so lucky to have this beautiful woman as mine?"

Amanda watches as Lee stares at her. She smiles and
says "Won't you come in?" Catching Lee's eyes she has trouble
breathing.

"Uh, Amanda, you look beautiful." says Lee. He is starting to get
nervous and thinks to himself "That it was going to be a real interesting night."

Lee follows her into the kitchen. He says, "Something smells good."

"Lee, will you open that bottle of wine on the counter for me?"
grinning sweetly Amanda hands him the bottle opener.

"What is going on Amanda?" Lee asks.
"Why don't you take the wine into the dining room?" she suggests.

So Lee takes the bottle into the dining room and stops at the door.
Before him is a table set for a candlelit dinner. He starts to smile
and turns around to Amanda.

"Amanda, somehow you were reading my mind." Lee commented.

"Well, I figured we have to do some talking and I didn't want it to
be in front of other people." she starts grinning seductively.

Lee thinks,"I definitely do not want other people around either." He
follows Amanda to the table and sets down the wine. Watching Amanda
as he pours the wine he notices that she is starting to blush.

"I wonder what she is thinking." Lee thinks.

Amanda sees the question in his eyes.

"You are wondering what I am thinking, aren't you?" she asks.

"Actually yes I was." answers Lee.

"Why don't I show you?" Amanda suggested. She starts walking around
the table to his side.

"I am really curious now." watching her move thinking that she was
like a cat hunting a mouse and begins to grin slyly.

Putting her hand behind his neck she pulls him close and starts
kissing him until they are both out of breath.

When they pull apart Lee tries to speak "Amanda, you should show me
more often what you are thinking. Especially when it comes to these
kinds of thoughts." He realizes his voice sounds hoarse. He is
staring down into her eyes. Thinking to himself "Well that settles it
I have fallen in love with Amanda King." With this thought, he has
discovered that he is so nervous that he is shaking. He kisses her
again.

The kiss ends and Amanda just stands there watching his face and
realizing the conflict that is going on inside him.

"Lee, I think we had better sit down and eat before it gets cold."
says Amanda but she is actually thinking "Not yet, Lee, but one of
these days you will realize we belong together." smiling to herself.

Lee lets her go and moves to hold her chair out. They both start
eating and enjoying each others company, but both of them are
thinking the same thing.

"NOT YET, BUT ONE DAY!"