- Text Size +
Story Notes:
DISCLAIMER:

The characters, as much as I wish they were mine, belong to Warner Brothers and Shoot the Moon Productions.

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

This is a little AU idea I came up with one day when I was actually for once doing absolutely nothing.
Outside the Q-bureau:

"Oh, Lee. You startled me. I was just on my way to find you. I finished typing that report you wanted, and figured you'd need it right away." Amanda said as she was heading out the door.

"Thanks, Amanda." Lee was trying to figure out why he felt so nervous around Amanda right now.
As they were standing outside the door, Amanda said, "Uh, Lee, about last nightŠ."

"I know. It was just two people seeking a little warmth. Right?"

As Amanda listened to what he said, she noticed something in his eyes that she hadn't seen before. After a few minutes, she answered him while grabbing his hand, "Not exactly."

Amanda pulled Lee into the office and locked the door. All the while, Amanda was thinking, "Lee, if what I saw in your eyes is what I think it is, then you don't believe in what you just said. Let's see if I can get you to open your eyes even further."

All the while, Lee was trying to figure out what Amanda had meant by "Not Exactly.". "Could it be she wanted me to kiss her last night? That she wanted to go further with our relationship." He's watching Amanda as she locked the door and turned to face him.

"Lee, do you really believe what you said out there in the hall?" Amanda softly smiled at him as she saw the confusion in his eyes.

"Why do you ask that? It's true, isn't it?" Lee started to pace. Amanda's question took him by surprise. He stopped to sit on the edge of his desk, then he noticed Amanda moving toward him.

After a few minutes of silence, Amanda just said, "No, I don't think it was. Listen, I'd better be going before mother and the boys start to worry." She reached to grab her purse and picnic basket, which were sitting next to Lee. Heading towards the door, she asked herself, "Lee, when are you going to wake up?" As Amanda got to the door, "Amanda, come on, you can do it. It might be what is needed to get the Scarecrow thinking." Slowly she sat everything down and turned to Lee.

"What did you mean, Amanda?" Lee asked as he watched Amanda. He suddenly realized how much he would like to kiss her. That was something he'd wanted to do since last night.

Amanda slowly walked back over to Lee. Smiling at him she said, "Here is something for you to think about." She put her hands on the back of his neck and head. Slowly, she pulled his head down as she reached up with her lips. The first contact sent a powerful charge through both of them.

Amanda massaged Lee's bottom lip with her tongue, which created a moan from Lee as he opened his mouth for her. This kiss turned out to cause a raging storm inside both of them.

They stayed that way until neither one could breath. As they pulled away, Amanda looked up and saw that it had worked. Lee had realized exactly what she had meant.

Amanda stepped out of Lee's grasp and turned around to the door. Picking up her stuff, she looked over her shoulder. Giving Lee a mischievous grin, "See you tomorrow, Lee. I do believe that the Scarecrow got the message." At this last comment, she winked at him and left.

Lee started grinning, "Amanda King, you get back here." He headed out after her, but did not catch up with her. Watching her pull out of the parking lot he said, "You just wait for the next time, Amanda. Then I will show you just how fast Scarecrow learns his lessons." Smiling all the while, he decided to go home.

"Till next time.", Both of them thought this as they headed home.

The end or is it the beginning?