- Text Size +
Story Notes:
DISCLAIMER: The characters are owned by Warner Bros. and
Shoot The Moon Productions. I am only borrowing them a
while to have some fun.

SUMMARY: Third Season, midway. Strictly AU. A "what if"
short story on Lee's feelings for Amanda. To help vent
his growing feelings, he writes her a letter to be
placed in safe keeping for her to see at a later time.
PART I

Q BUREAU-ONE NIGHT

The Anderson case had left Lee exhausted. Amanda was a
big help, as usual. Her insight into the details of
the identity of one of the perpetrators brought the case
to its conclusion. She was invaluable to Lee.

His heart kept up the battle with his head over revealing
his affections to her. He had been scared of commitment
because of his past. As time progressed, the intensity
of his feelings toward her was becoming very hard to
control in her presence.

His mind drifted as he took a moment's respite. His
face bore a slight smile as he pictured her in his
thoughts. When he looked into those beautiful, chocolate
eyes, he lost all sense of reality and only warmth and
joy spread through his being. He needed to express these
emotions somehow. He decided to write Amanda a letter
conveying his affectations to her in detail. Later, he
would place his effort in safe storage to be presented
to her at a later date.

My Love,

Here I am in the Q Bureau writing a letter to you. It's
late and I am exhausted. The Anderson case was long and
tedious. There you were again saving the day when you
identified Elaine Ross.

Amanda, I'm at wits end. I can't hold these emotions
inside me anymore. I see you across the room each day
and I want to rush over to you. It takes all the will
power I possess inside me not to crush you in my arms
and kiss you to oblivion.

I love you, Amanda King, with all my heart. There, I've
said it. They are the three little words I have been
trying to muster the courage to convey to you. You
are my best friend, my soulmate, my everything.

Ever since I saw you that first day at the train
station, I haven't been the same man. I knew deep down
inside of me that you were the one for me, but at that
time I didn't have the courage to pursue that belief.
I was scared to death.

Amanda, today my love for you far outweighs the
hesitation, but I still can't seem to say the words.

I remember the first year of our acquaintence. I wanted
nothing to do with you. Good ol' Billy kept forcing us
to work together. I treated you badly at times and for
those actions, I am profoundly sorry.

If Billy were to ask me today how I like having you for
a partner, I would reply, "Don't even think about
separating us."

You hve made me a better man, my Amanda. I want you to
be mine forever. I want to share everything with you.
I love your caring for others before yourself, your
wonderful smile and your beautiful eyes.

I love your family, you must know that. I consider
Phillip and Jamie as my own. I can't wait to call
Dotty "Mom" someday. Okay, so maybe I'm jumping the
gun there a little.

I want to marry you, Amanda King, the sooner the
better. I want to wake up with you in my arms every
morning for all the days of our lives.

I ache to hold you, my love. This feeling overpowers me
at times.

My darling, if you only knew.

All my love always,
Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lee's eyes were misty as he placed the pen on his desk.
He just finished placing the letter in its envelope
and scribbling Amanda's name on it, when the phone rang
loudly.

'It's Billy, I'll bet,' he thought to himself. 'We
hadn't dompletely finished the debriefing.'

Billy wanted to finish up for the night. Lee hurried
down to his office to wrap up loose ends. He completely
forgot about placing the letter in a safe place. No
one would be visiting this time of night anyway.

MEANWHILE

Amanda reprimanded herself for having forgotten some
important insurance papers. It's a good thing one of
the exiting agents knew her identity and let her reenter
the building just as he was leaving. She ran upstairs
to the Q Bureau to retrieve the material she needed.

'No Lee,' she observed. 'He must be downstairs in
Billy's office,' she thought. She noticed a white
envelope on his desk with her name on it.

'Should I read it,' she wondered. 'Why not, it's
addressed to me?'

Amanda opened the letter and began reading the message.
She got so absorbed in the content, she didn't hear
Lee's footsteps.

PART II

As Lee approached the Q Bureau he heard movement.
'No one should be in this building now,' he thought.

He drew his gun and slowly opened the Q door. He viewed
his partner reading the very letter he had intended to
place in safekeeping.

Lee quickly holstered his weapon. He wondered how he
was going to get through an explanation. He really
hadn't expected this to happen. There was some relief
he was feeling though.

Hw closed the Q door behind him and locked it. 'We'll
need privacy and I'm not sure if Billy is out of the
building quite yet,' he thought to himself.

Amanda heard the click and turned quickly to face her
partner, tears running down her cheeks unabated. "I
forgot some important papers and I came across this,"
she cried, holding up the letter," her whole body
shaking.

"I'm sorry, I meant to have put it away and forgot,"
Lee stammered contritely, moving toward her slowly.

"Did you mean these words, Scarecrow?" she asked, the
tears still flowing. She managed to look him straight
in the eye.

Lee took her in his arms and held her closely. "Yes,
my love, a thousand times over," he whispered in her
ear, "all of it" I'm glad you found out, Amanda. I
don't know how much longer I could have hung on."
He tried to wipe her tears away with his thumbs, but
his vision was clouded as his own eyes welled up
considerably.

"Oh, Lee. I love you so," she revealed lovingly.

Lee leaned in and captured her lips in a powerful,
fiery kiss. Amanda eagerly responded, throwing
her arms around his neck. He played with her lips
with his tongue and she anxiously parted for him. He
explored the depths of her mouth and finally connected
with her tongue. Their tongues played and flirted as
their kiss intensified, their bodies rapidly heating
up.

Lee was quickly losing control. It took all of his will
power to pull them apart somewhat in order to cool down.

"Amanda, let's go to my place and discuss this. I'm
afraid I'm losing it, please," he pleaded.

"Yes, Lee of course." I'll have to phone mother first.
I'll tell her that I have an overnight photo shoot. I'll
be home tomorrow sometime."

"You'll follow me over then," he smiled.

"Right away," she promised.

"Let's get out of here then." He paused, caressed her
cheek, and whispered, "I love you, Mrs. King."

"I love you, too, Mr. Stetson," she replied, taking his
hand away and kissing it.

PART III

LEE'S APARTMENT

As he let himself into his apartment, the anticipation
was building within him hastily. The fear was now gone
replaced by excitement as to what they would decide
tonight. He had dreamt about this so often. The dream
always ended with the two of them in bed together. Oh,
what he wouldn't give for that to happen. 'Perhaps she is
not ready yet. She might just say no,' he thought to
himself dismayed.

Amanda parked her jeep and paused for a minute. IT
FINALLY HAPPENED! HE LOVES ME! She needed him badly.
She wanted him to make love to her tonight. She
couldn't believe she was actually thinking along those
lines. But, life was short and she didn't want any
regrets.

She hurried to Lee's apartment. He ushered her inside
before she even had a chance to knock. He locked the
door behind her.

"Come on over and sit down," he invited. "Would you
like a drink?" he offered nervously.

"Not right now," she stammered, shaking.

"I'm sorry, let me get your coat, Amanda," he helped
her off with the outerwear, and hung it up.

Lee sat beside her on the couch, as close as possible.
The silence was deafening.

Amanda spoke first. "Lee, the words are beautiful in
this letter," she looked into is eyes and smiled
lovingly.

"I meant every word, Amanda," he returned quietly,
taking her hand in his. She needed to hear this promise
again. "I'm glad you read it. I feel so much better
now. All the heartache is gone."

"This paragraph states that you love my family. That's
wonderful."

"I've watched the boys grow into fine young men. Dotty
is the mother I never had, my life would be complete.
Yes, I love your family dearly, Amanda."

"Once they get to know you, Lee. I'm sure they'll feel
the same way. You can start by coming over to dinner
some nights. How does tht sound?"

"It sounds great, Amanda. I look forward to coming
over," Lee agreed.

"Amanda," Lee asked quietly as he stood her up. "Will
you marry me?"

"Yes, Lee. I'll marry you anytime," tears threatening
her beautiful, brown eyes. "We don't have to rush into
everything all at once. We made some pretty important
discoveries tonight and I think we need a little time
before marriage comes up front."

"I'm sorry, honey. I guess I'm just anxious," he replied
quietly. He pulled her closer against him burying his
face in her neck for a moment.

"I'm so lucky to have you, Amanda. I thank God for you
each day. If anything were to happen to you, I don't
know what I would do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She smiled and caressed his cheek. "Don't worry about
that now. Let's just enjoy each other tonight."

"That will be great, Amanda. You told your mother that
you'll be away overnight, right?"

"Yes I did, Scarecrow," she chuckled.

"Does that mean you will be staying here all night,
hon?" he hoped.

"Yes it does, Lee," she laughed."

Growing more serious, she pulled him closer and
whispered in his ear. "I want you, Scarecrow, make love
to me tonight."

"Amanda, are you ready for this?" Lee asked honestly.

"I've been ready, darling. My dreams take me there all
the time," she blushed slightly and leaned in for a kiss.

Lee returned her kiss longingly. "Are you hungry right
now?" he mouthed between kisses.

"Not for food," she gasped.

"I love you so much, Manda."

"I love you too, Lee, with all my heart," she murmured.

Lee picked her up in his arms and carried her to his
bedroom. He placed her at the edge of the bed.

PART IV

Amanda kissed his lips lightly. Lee followed in kind,
holding her closer and deepening their kiss. He nibbled
at her lips asking for permission to enter. She opened
happily for him. He explored her mouth quickly and
found her tongue. Their tongues flirted, and played
with each other. Their bodies started heating up
immediately promoting the dormant volcano within them
toward a devastating explosion.

Lee broke away for a moment to calm down. He lovingly
sat her down on his bed. He unfastened each button of
her shirt slowly and kissed her bare skin with each
opening. She trembled at his touch. He pulled her shirt
out of her slacks and let them drop to the floor. Next
he opened the front closure of her bra, disentangling it
from her shoulders and down her arms to reveal her
full, milky breasts to him. He stared in wonder at her
upper body, his hands shaking.

"God, you're beautiful," he rasped, standing her up
beside the bed.

Amanda smiled in reply and repeated the same process
on Lee, kissing his chest. He stood before her staring
deeply into her eyes, seeing all the love he possessed
for her reflected back through her eyes.

Lee wanted skin to skin contact. They discarded the
rest of their clothes in hurried fashion. They both
gazed appreciatively at each other's body. Lee drew her
very tightly to his chest so that her breasts were taut
against him.

She could feel his manhood touching her abdomen,
throbbing and hard to the touch. He pulled her even
closer to him taking her lips possessively. He kissed
her deeply and psasionately. She responded eagerly.
After a few minutes they broke for breath.

Lee began placing featherlight kisses along her neck.
When he reached a certain spot her body quivered. He
knew she was sensitive at that area. He continued
placing tiny wet kisses toward her chest. He cupped her
breasts with his strong hands, rubbing his thumbs over
her nipples bringing them to full attention. He smiled
at the deep moan that came from her.

Lee took Amanda in his arms and laid her on his large
bed. He stretched himself along her length and targeted
her full, sweet breasts again. He tweaked the nipple of
the right breast and brought the left into his mouth.
There he suckled awhile, and nipped the nipple with his
teeth. He repeated the same procedure with the other
breast. Amanda was in ecstasy.

She decided that turnabout was fair play. She kissed his
neck area with sweet, moist kisses. She worked her way
down his chest, tenderly caressing both of his nipples
with her tongue. She worked her way further down to
his manhood. She tenderly took his penis into her mouth
and tasted the juices at the tip and suckled a bit.

"Amanda," he voiced loudly, "please. It will be over
before it starts." She understood.

The heat rising within Lee was rapidly becoming a
bonfire flaring out of control.

PART V

Lee continued his ministrations, placing tiny kisses
down to her stomach and finally reaching her womanhood.
He looked at her adoringly using his special smile meant
only for her. She spread her legs immediately for him.
He found her bundle of nerves after he had placed one
long finger up into her core. He inserted another finger
and stroked her slowly back and forth, gradually
increasing his speed.

Amanda was in euphoria, never experiencing such pleasure
before, but she was quickly approaching her apex.
"Lee, please," she pleaded. "I need you inside of me,
now."

Lee placed his knee between her legs as an anchor. He
lowered himself into her waiting heat. She was wet and
tight as he placed his organ at her entrance. He thrust
slowly into her and backed out. He thrust again, deeper
this time, picking up the rhythm, as they began the
oldest dance of time.

Amanda began shaking as she headed for an explosive
climax. Lee chanted her name with each thrust, finally
reaching a similar climax moments after hers. He emptied
all his love deep into her.

They nestled in each other's arms reveling in much joy,
as their breathing returned to normal afterward.

"Honey," Lee whispered "that was incredible. Manda,
I love you so much." He gently kissed her lips.

"I love you, too, sweetheart," she murmured, cuddling
closer to him. "That was the most intense experience
of my life and the most pleasureable."

"Amanda, why don't you keep the letter. I'll keep a
copy as a reminder of our first intimate encounter,
and a reminder of how much I love my best friend.
I'm hers and she is mine forever and always."

"Always, Lee," she promised.

The End