- Text Size +
Story Notes:
DISCLAIMER: The characters are owned by Warner Brothers and Shoot The Moon Productions. I’m borrowing them for a small story. No infringement intended.
Lee stood outside the mansion waiting for the ambulance, cradling Amanda’s almost lifeless body in his arms.

“God, please let her live,” he silently prayed, clearly distressed. He looked down at her sweet, silent face wishing a ramble to come from her parched lips.

Suddenly, a lonely tear made its way down his cheek. In his heart of hearts, he knew why. He just couldn’t lose her. He knew how close he could let feelings for her become.

Remembering the mini-sermon he gave to her on not letting emotions interfere with your job, he smiled at the irony.

Just then, the ambulance approached and a wave of relief swelled within him.

Once en route and the antidote for mewskerin had been administered the attendant assured him she had stabilized.

He nodded and moved closer to her. He began to comfort her even though she still lay unconscious.

“I guess this one got a little tough, I’m sorry. You did a damn good job. You really did,” he murmured as he smoothed a lock of hair away from her face. “You might even make a decent agent someday,” he finished, melancholy his constant friend.

Stirring, she acknowledged, “Thank you.”

“You’re awake?” he asked, mildly surprised.

“Oh, porter, please wake me when we get to Porto Fino, hmmm…”

Thank you,” she closed her eyes again.

Lee just sighed and shook his head.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next night at the King home, Lee had come over just to see if she was okay,

As he was about to leave, Amanda asked, “Lee, how did you get me out of there?”

“I carried you,” he replied seriously, still a little strained.

“Carried me,” she repeated. Then it dawned on her, he had saved her life. ‘I’ve got to thank him,’

she thought.

“Lee, wait,” She moved closer to him.

“I…I want to thank you for saving my life,” she said quietly. She placed her arms around his waist, a little reluctantly, at first. Amanda laid her head against his chest and gave him a big hug. His body stiffened a little, then relaxed and he enjoyed their closeness.

She broke away a bit and looked straight into his beautiful hazel eyes. She softly kissed him on the cheek.

“Thank you,” she whispered.

Lee looked down at her beautiful face and smiled. He caught her hand and kissed it. He whispered, “I’m so glad you’re okay, Amanda.”

Becoming a little flustered at the continued contact, he mustered, “I’ve got to get going. See you.” He let go of her hand, then he was gone.

The memory lingers on.

The End